supporter
Posted by Karen L. Morris (+1848) 11 years ago
My mom passed peacefully on in her sleep last Saturday night which was what she always wanted. Although my parents had moved to Glendive several years ago, she always considered Miles City to be her home. Even after they moved, she spent as much time here as she could until she had the stroke 4 years ago. The last 2 1/2 have been very difficult for her as she had to live at the Eastern Montana Veterans Home due to mobility issues. She was a very special woman and I cannot even guess at how many angel food cakes she made--her specialty and what she made for any special occasion or when someone had passed. She was also very talented with crafts and enjoyed flowers and her garden. She will be more than missed.

The funeral service is being held in Glendive on Friday with a grave side service in Miles City (also on Friday) at 1:30. She is finally coming home--even if not in the way I would have wished for (although I am very thankful she is finally free of her physical limitations).
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 11 years ago
Sue and Karen,

I was sorry to hear about your mom. Even though it's finally a blessing that our parents go, it doesn't make it any easier to lose them. My dad died eight months ago and every day is still a challenge for me. But every once in a while the good memories can come without all the tears now.

I found this online. I don't know if you've seen it.

http://www.gmc.org/getpage.php?name=home

[This message has been edited by Kacey (8/11/2010)]
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 11 years ago
I saw the farewell from Jobie. Let me know if I can do anything.
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+797) 11 years ago
Karen, i am so sorry over the loss of your mother. No matter how old you are, when you lose a parent, you feel like an orphan.
Posted by stef428 (+233) 11 years ago
I couldn't agree more with the "orphan" feeling!