Posted by Cheryl Thompson (+56) 17 years ago
"Brokeback Mountain"
Posted by L G (+79) 17 years ago
"Gay Cowboys"
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3857) 17 years ago
"Ride cowboy,ride" (sorry LG, I had to do it.)
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9472) 17 years ago
Hey now, I hear that "Bareback Mountain" was a pretty good movie...
founder
Posted by Chad (+1765) 17 years ago
I saw a few of those cowboys out and about when I lived in California, big fans of The Village People back in the day. Funny that there hasn't been a popular gay country western singer, has there?
Posted by Eric Brandt (+846) 17 years ago
Garth Brooks.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5096) 17 years ago
Hahahahahahahahahahaha
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5096) 17 years ago
Kenny Chesney?
supporter
I personally was hoping for a couple of those Dixie Chicks myself...
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2820) 17 years ago
Brokeback Mountain opens in Billings on Friday. 7 Golden Globe nominations including Best Picture.

[This message has been edited by Kelly (edited 1/12/2006).]
supporter
Bridgier... Just wondering if you were aware that "Bareback" now commonly refers to having sex without a condom? It's not just for horses any more....whinney, LOL.
Posted by L G (+79) 17 years ago
Maybe the movie should have been named "Bareback In The Valley"?

[This message has been edited by L G (edited 1/12/2006).]
rofl
supporter
Kelly -

Yup, just like Andrew "Bareback" Sullivan....
supporter
Thought people might be interested in this...

http://billingsmt.usl.mya...o&show=769
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1274) 17 years ago
try this link too....

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_3379371
Cory,
That was a really good article. Thanks for posting that.

I have an idea - When it comes out on DVD, we should play it in a public venue and see how many "Proud Past - Progressive Future" Miles City folk show up. I would venture to say that the men of Miles City would not have the b a l l s to come see it. Yup, just a bunch of fraidy cat little sissies!

Of course, coming to the movie would prove me wrong!
Posted by Danny T (+54) 17 years ago
Why would anyone be "afraid" to watch a movie? Has it ever occurred to you that some people aren't interested in "romantic cowboy dramas", regardless of the sexual orientation? I've found that it takes more courage to tell people you don't plan on seeing it, because you're automatically accused of being homophobic. I'm not homophobic, but I don't really care for cowboys, Jake Gyllenhaal, or romantic dramas. (Eric, I'm glad you feel so courageous for watching a movie. I can only dream of being such a fearless, daring, and brave soul like yourself.)
supporter
I was in Billings today, so I decided to check out a matinee showing of Brokeback Mountain. Here are some observations...

I don't know how many seats the theatre had, but it was almost full. Of the audience, I'd guesstimate that between 90 and 95% were women.

The one sex scene lasted all of a minute or less. However, there was some additional kissing in a couple other scenes. There is also some very brief (3-5 seconds) full-on male frontal nudity...skinny dipping.

From what I can imagine, this movie painted an accurate picture of the trials and tribulations that gay or bi men in states like Montana and Wyoming have.

It is a bit slow at first, but I think this helped contribute to the very well done character development.

And to give away part of the plot...one character dies from getting his face bashed in.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4463) 17 years ago
Now it sounds like a Wyoming movie.
Posted by Darby (+76) 17 years ago
Danny T. has some issues.

very defensive.

hmmmmmmmmm..?.?

makes one think. think of skeletons in one's closet maybe?!?!
Posted by Danny T (+54) 17 years ago
Your right Darby, I have some issues. Not liking cowboys, Jake Gyllenhaal, and romantic dramas is a serious problem. It's a problem I've been dealing with most of my adult life. As far as my secrete homosexual lifestyle..... ...Well you got me.
founder
I see that Brokeback Mountain won several Golden Globes last night.

I hear it's very popular among female audience outside of urban areas.

Do you suppose it will play here, maybe as part of the Fall Film Festival?
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4453) 17 years ago
"secrete homosexual lifestyle"

Gross. That's really beyond the limits of good taste.
Posted by JJC (+79) 17 years ago
I saw "Brokeback Mountain" last week, and the theater was sold out. Did I mention that I live in Missoula?! I went alone since my husband gets the heebie jeebies just thinking about such things. I had a great time admiring the good looking actors!! I think it was not so bad since I know that it was acting, and that they aren't really gay. However, I won't be able to look at another older batchelor cowboy again without wondering if...
supporter
JJC:

"I think it was not so bad since I know that it was acting, and that they aren't really gay."

This implies that had it not been acting, it would have been really bad. Is that what you truely meant to say?
Posted by JJC (+79) 17 years ago
I just meant that I wouldn't care to watch 2 men make out or have sex in real life. I only watched in the movie because it wasn't REAL, they were just acting.
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4453) 17 years ago
So in this movie, did anyone eat any pudding?
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4463) 17 years ago
I still maintain that there are no gay cowboys. There aren't even gay sheep herders. I mean, there aren't male sheep right? Aren't they goats and rams? Who would risk the goat or ram for the sheep?

I hear that lots of isolated, herding types actually do it with animals though. Mighta read the statistic in Playboy or something, but that's a trusted resource.

Finally, another question. Where are the women? C'mon, we can't have gay, animal herding women? That's bulls**t. Equality, schmequality
Posted by Bill (+30) 17 years ago
Sorry Buck, going to have to correct you on that one... There are more Gay cowboys then you think!
heres a website that I would rate PG that might better answer your question
http://cowboyfrank.net/ring/index.htm

or even better... These guys Rock!
http://www.igra.com/

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 1/23/2006).]
Posted by Slosh (+703) 17 years ago
I have a question for anyone that has seen the movie. Does Anne Hathaway have a nude scene? I had heard that she did and it poses another question, and this might open a few floodgates.
Does having an attractive female nude scene make up for a full frontal male nude scene in the minds of a straight male viewer? It's a tough question to answer. It brings up memories of the nude scenes in "Wild Things."
Posted by Cheryl Thompson (+56) 17 years ago
Slosh, If so the way this movie is the nude scene could have been put there for the gay women, not the straight male's.............
Posted by Slosh (+703) 17 years ago
good point, something I never thought of.
founder
You can always go rent "The Crying Game" if you can't wait for this to make to our theater. It's a touching film as well.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15384) 16 years ago
Looks like the "Movieeeeeeeee" "crashed". I love it when His plan comes together.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5096) 16 years ago
I'm guessing that God has more important things to worry about than which movie wins the Academy Award. Just sayin...
Posted by Brian (+362) 16 years ago
"His" plan? Wow, with all the conflicts over people getting "His" idea's screwed up (Holy Wars, Jihads, Televangilism), disease, natural disasters (which one could argue "He" caused), wars and drug problems just to name a few, one would think that "He" had more things to worry about than ticket sales. So by that logic, can we assume that God loves Star Wars? And possibly go so far as to say he loves Harry Potter?
Posted by L G (+79) 16 years ago
"God is a kid with an ant farm" - Keanu Reaves in 'Constantine'
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+10266) 16 years ago
>>His plan. . . .

A movie?

Interesting priorities.

Guess I missed the important stuff while paying attention to the trivial.

http://News[/ur].google.c...earch+News

supporter
The world will be a much happier place when liberals learn not to take everything so seriously.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6121) 16 years ago
And the world will be a better place when conservatives learn how to think. Just when I start to miss Miles City, I get a slap in the face reminding me why I'm sooooooo glad that I don't live there anymore.
supporter
I presume you mean "think... like a liberal". Ain't going to happen with me.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+12389) 16 years ago
Mr. Bonine does NOT live in Miles City.

All the pre-Oscar predictions I saw said "Crash" was going to win because the others films were likely to split the vote. That baffles me. I saw at least three articles saying "Crash will win because. . ." and then when it does win, the newspapers are all, 'gee, what a surprise.' Not if you read the predictions last week, it wasnt.

And Crash would have been scandalous and shocking twenty years ago. Twenty years from now, who knows what will be scandalous? Probably someone smoking.

Amorette
founder
supporter
sponsor
Ah Richard, it's just `cause us Liberals like to see you Conservatives admit that you're not serious when you say things like that. "We" just want to make sure that everyone gets the joke.

You say Liberal like it's something bad - you should give it a try it sometime . . . "We" know lots of good jokes too.
supporter
I would love to "give it a try"... but I was born this way.
founder
supporter
sponsor
well I guess there's no chance of a "conversion" happening then
No Richard, I meant "think" as in "think," not "think" as in "think as a ..." or "think like a ..."

The only qualifier I contemplated (another word for thought, or the past tense of think) adding was "think for yourself," but I quickly realized that doing so would just raise too many questions.

See, questions lead to thinking and thinking is hard, so thinking wouldn't be something the average conservative would do. By leaving the term "think" in absolute terms, I made it easier to be understood by our talk radio-listening friends. After all, the world is black and white and doesn't deal in shades of grey.

But for now, I'll stick with my initial premise, that conservatives need to think. Period. I'll start with that and leave the more difficult concepts for another time.
You were born that way, Richard? Wow. You mean we're born with all the intelligence we're going to get? Hmmm...

I was always of the mindset that people tend to get smarter as they get older and develop. I guess I'm lucky that I can still beat my toddler in a spelling contest.

Of course your explanation does explain 58 million knee-jerk Bush voters. Should have invested in Gerber in 2003. I'd be rich!

[This message has been edited by Brian A. Reed (edited 3/6/2006).]
supporter
Posted by Van (+559) 16 years ago
I love it when people come out of the closet and plop right in the middle of a post and take ownership of it.
I'm a masochist at heart, Van. But as much as I am, I have to admidt that it's a lot easier to respond sardonically to a vulnerable post than it is to bash my head against the wall to provide the mentality needed to start a comparable thread of my own. Less dizzying, too.

In my defense, you won't see me write a post about the opinions of my good friend, God. Even though we're on each other's speed dial, I like to keep it low-key. I figure that the Big G can speak for himself without my translation...

...OK, it's been five minutes and I haven't been smited. Good deal!
supporter
"You were born that way, Richard? Wow. You mean we're born with all the intelligence we're going to get? Hmmm..."

No. I meant that I was born a white male orthodox Christian, who is hetero-sexual, paleo-conservative, and happens to THINK that spotted owls taste a lot like chicken.

I simply discuss life as I see it through my worldview, as do you and everyone else on this site.

BTW... I THINK (for myself)that Rush Limbaugh and Shawn Hanity are liberals.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr (edited 3/6/2006).]
Posted by Duncan Bonine (+291) 16 years ago
Umm... Brian, did you just defend being a masochist by NOT posting your opinions about God?!? Just want to make sure I understood you correctly.
Posted by remus (+67) 16 years ago
"Looks like the "Movieeeeeeeee" "crashed". I love it when His plan comes together."

What does this mean? Are you saying that God planed to make "Broke Back Mountain" lose at the Academy Awards. If this is the case, I am going to assume that God picks the winner for best picture every year. My question is, why did he pick "Sideways" over "The Passion of the Christ"?
supporter
What does this mean? Are you saying that God planed to make "Broke Back Mountain" lose at the Academy Awards. If this is the case, I am going to assume that God picks the winner for best picture every year. My question is, why did he pick "Sideways" over "The Passion of the Christ"?

Because God has good taste!
I want to stop this before it starts. I'm not trying to start a "Passion of the Christ" argument; I just want Mr. Bonine to enlighten me on how this plan works or what the purpose of it is.
Posted by Ford (+106) 16 years ago
Amen my bother...pass the wine...confess our sins...put money in the collection plate...Were free of our sins.

I'm pretty sure that Crashed had a homo in it...didn't you spot them,Bonines.

Start the process over and say your hail mary's. You saw the devil and he was....in "crashed" also. Hurry up take a shower and get to mass.

You have been bad and god is unhappy with you...10% of your earnings and he will forgive your mistake. Never, Never, speak of this again and it will be alright. You know... hail mary,full of grace....
supporter
Yo, Ford your "act" is wasted on me and you are probably offending any Catholics on this site.

My original thought at 6:00am this morning, (before I had any coffee), was how all of the "news" websites were predicting that Brokeback Mountain would win. When I read this morning that Crash had won, I thought that perhaps there was a little Divine intervention sparing me (and those who share my views on this subject) at least of a good 2-weeks of media hype about gay issues. Did "God" have an part in who won or lost the academy awards? Honestly, I don't know and in the big scheme it probably doesn't matter.

My second purpose was to "twist the knife" and get a bunch of you "tolerant" types all worked up. I have to say that part of the "plan" worked to perfection. I have a right to express my view even if you don't agree.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr (edited 3/6/2006).]
Thank you Richard, that's all I wanted to know.

p.s.

Is it just me or is there a Ford/ Jared Bankey connection. I have a hard time believing that there are two people who can manage to be so incoherent.
remus,

If you have looked at any of the other postings, the answer is no.
I do not know Jared Bankey and have made that quite clear. I know one of his older brothers and have never talked with Jared. So, before you make bold statements about my identity...keep quiet.

Main Entry: in·co·her·ent
Function: adjective
Pronunciation: -&nt
1 : lacking coherence: as a : lacking cohesion : LOOSE b : lacking orderly continuity, arrangement, or relevance : INCONSISTENT
2 : lacking clarity or intelligibility : INCOMPREHENSIBLE
- in·co·her·ent·ly adverb

You seem to be looking for the same answer....Did you get it? Nothing against you Jared...Remus just don't make rash statements and false ideals.

PS

I think he got the point about the Catholic ideals.

[This message has been edited by Ford (edited 3/6/2006).]
Posted by Gary Bonine (+87) 16 years ago
smile and wave boys, smile and wave.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4463) 16 years ago
I would kick Ford square in the nuts. Really.

Dude, you really need to graduate 9th grade and move on. You can't run around ranting about the intolerant Bonines with such brilliance as "Crashed had a homo in it."

You're an idiot. You really are. The entire community of this website thinks you are an idiot. You are hung up on the weirdest sh*t and you need to find something more constructive to do. It's time to quit your job bagging groceries and see the world.
Posted by Jared Bankey (+62) 16 years ago
remus,

I would like to know, why I recieved a phone call about mc.com? To my suprise it was because of a statemnt that you made about me. I am not Ford and I am upset at this statement.
1) I would not put myself at risk for some of his posts
2) I do not talk with the public about anything dealing with the o-line
3)Don't you think that I would be the first person to be thought of
4)I am a Catholic and so is my family
5)I do not care to post on any of the issues that Ford has commented on and I have my own biased opinion "I coached the line"
6)As the incoherent statement goes...Reaf I know who you are and that will be covered personally.

If I want to post I will do it under my name. I have only one name and am proud of it,maybe not the typing. So, no I am not Ford for the record.
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1274) 16 years ago
You know what would solve the whole problem? Everyone using their real names and stand behind their trashing of someone. It's easy to do when you have nothing to risk.

I think you all should meet at the park and duke it out.... last one standing wins.

Buck - i think there are many people on this site that could be said to.
supporter
Better yet Cory I say we throw copies on Byron at one another.
Jared and Ford, thanks for clearing that up and I sincerely apologize for jumping to conclusions, but in my defense I'm not the first person to point this out. Don't take this the wrong way, but I have a hell of a time understanding what either of you are saying most of the time. Your sentence structure, and grammar styles are remarkably similar, this is what led me to believe you were one in the same. Jared, if you were personally offended by the "incoherent" statement I'm sorry, but unless you have a major breakthrough in writing you will hear it a lot more, so get used to it.

P.S.

Not that anyone cares, but I have made several attempts to change my user name from "remus" to "Rafe Stewart", and I've been unsuccessful. Considering the town we live in, I have no problem with people using aliases on this web site. Miles City (or any small town) is known for harboring often false preconceived notions about people, and for the sake of a good argument an alias is a nice way around that.

[This message has been edited by remus (edited 3/6/2006).]
"Miles City (or any small town) is known for harboring often false preconceived notions about people, and for the sake of a good argument an alias is a nice way around that."

Hmmm.... That's a pretty interesting statement Remus. Do you really believe that people develop preconceived notions based on something as simple as a name? I just can't believe that anyone would do that!

For the record - you can have a good argument even if everyone knows who you are!
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1672) 16 years ago
What's all the fuss about?

Obviously God has a part in who wins or loses at the Academy Awards. What else would explain 3 6 Mafia's win for "It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp"?
Posted by Jared Bankey (+62) 16 years ago
remus,

I accept your apology and hope that I am left out of futher discussion. Thank you for your concern about my writing. For the comment of "get use to it", I have. I will talk to you about that at another time and place. That way we can be on the same level playing field. I accept your apology and good luck with school the remainder of the semester. I have become accustomed to the critics in this community and cheap shots. I guess we will discuss that the next time your in town. I'll get you a step ladder..Ha!

PS
I have quit posting for a reason. I hate all the critics and english gods on this site. Some act like they were trying to save the world through sentence structure.

By the way, I wish that Jess Fuhrman had the chance to play in the Mon/Dak game. I am happy for the other two deserving picks that made the team. Jess, also deserves the honor and a great team player. I also know that Jess was honored with the alternate spot. He is a very humble team player and hope to see the chance arise for him.
I wonder which thread Marley was trying to bury?
Duncan,

It was an act of God...

remus,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!...It looks like someone is upset with you now.

Jared,

I know that you can not speak on the issue of Fuhrman. But I do believe that he is deserving of the Mon/Dak. I think that you did a good job on the season and congrats. Good job on the drive block.

Intellectuals of the english vanacular...tough crap.

Buck,

Anytime when I'm in MC...little punk. I will wear my baseball cup, who kicks someone in the balls?!!! chicken
supporter
I am pretty sure Marley was interested in "threads past and present". I don't think he stands a ghost of a chance with "threads future".
Posted by Jon Bonine (+160) 16 years ago
Now That was obscure!
supporter
It wasn't a reference to anything Bonine, so it is allowed.
"I have quit posting for a reason. I hate all the critics and english gods on this site. Some act like they were trying to save the world through sentence structure."

I understand that you must get annoyed by that, but keep in mind this is a written forum. Using consistently poor grammar or bad spelling makes it very hard to have a discussion with you; I think that is why people keep pointing that out.

P.S. I am in town currently and have been for the past 20 years
founder
supporter
sponsor
"Theories Abound" . . . heck, they're coming out of the woodwork

Oscar Analysis - Theories Abound On Why 'Crash' Beat 'Brokeback'
By Peter Hartlaub, Carolyne Zinko,
SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE
March 7, 2006
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi...HJTPO1.DTL
Looks like the "Movieeeeeeeee" "crashed". I love it when His plan comes together.

My God comment was in response to the post above. I'll never shy away from submitting my opinions about God, but I'll also never pretend (unless it's done in a drippingly facetious manner) that God and I are on terms where confides in me the details of his plans. In other words, I don't assume to speak for God.
Here's the difference between Jared and Ford: Jared isn't too cowardly to use his real name.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9472) 16 years ago
"white male orthodox Christian"

What's Basil Pious doing posting as Richard Bonine?
Posted by Morhead (+123) 16 years ago
JARED

If that is not calling the kettle black I don't know what is.
Bye bye Jared we will miss you!!!!!!
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4453) 16 years ago
"See, questions lead to thinking and thinking is hard, so thinking wouldn't be something the average conservative would do"

Stand back everyone, we've reached a real intellectual summit on that one.
Good to see that you picked up on the simplified version of my point, Rick. I was worried that I'd have to dumb it down even further. Keep following the bouncing ball...
supporter
Way to Stay Classy, San Diego.

Only in LeftyLand are insults considered any measure of intelligence.

If you wish to discuss anything more profound than, "uh huh huh, uh Conservatives are dumb, uh huh huh" then by all means start a thread aimed at any conservative/liberal issue you would like to question. Then we can decide whose approach is more reasoned.

[This message has been edited by Rick Kuchynka (edited 3/8/2006).]
supporter
San Diego...which in German means...A whale's vagina

Oh by the knights of Columbus that hurts!

Ron: We're going to try this new thing called jogging... or maybe its yogging...it could be a silent J...

You stay classy, Planet Earth
Posted by Jeremy Orthman (+436) 16 years ago
Duncan,

"Hmmm.... That's a pretty interesting statement Remus. Do you really believe that people develop preconceived notions based on something as simple as a name? I just can't believe that anyone would do that!"

I think what he meant was that when you grow up or live in a small town a long time people dismiss your argument or discussion based on their preconceived notions of who they think you are. I know I hated in HS hearing about something dumb I did in kindergarten.
supporter
Now, we're talking movieeeeeees.

Who needs gay cowboys eating pudding when you can have Ron Burgundy?
Yes Rick, that's exactly what I said. "uh huh huh, uh Conservatives are dumb, uh huh huh." Verbatim. As tempted as I am to get into a debate with you, I'll stick with my previous statement(s), none of which had any form of the phrase, "Conservatives are dumb" in them.

I do not think the average Conservative is dumb (Although some most definitely are. Ann Coulter? Yes, and certifiably crazy. Sean Hannity? Dumb, but generally harmless and even funny in a cartoonish sort of way. Michael Savage? Dumb, irresponsible and a sociopath).

But Conservatives as a whole (I'll try my best not to overgeneralize) are crafty enough to have control of the government, at least for the time being. They're not dumb, because they have the ability to think but choose not to in favor of sticking with what's easiest for them. The same could be said for any number of verbs - replace "think" with "empathize," or "show care or compassion," "be creative or innovative," "demonstrate care for others," "exhibit imagination," "show respect," "avoid hypocrisy," "make a valid point without relying on knee-jerk reactions, circular arguments or some other mental crutch," etc. - take your pick, but for the sake of simplicity and the desire to avoid such lengthy run-on sentences, it's much easier to just say "think").

Exhibiting these characteristics is not being dumb, it's an example of intellectual laziness most often motivated by fear. It's the simpler way, the path of least resistance, and it's particularly seductive for avoidists. Practically speaking, Conservatism is a way of thinking that makes the big bad world and all its complexities easier to conceptualize. It's a mental security blanket that shields one from his or her own insecurities or unanswered questions.

I will sum up my philosophy like this: While it is possible for a Liberal or Progressive to have a "conservative" stance on a particular topic, it is not possible for a Conservative to have a "liberal" outlook on a given manner. The definition of conservative precludes having a liberal stance. Therefore, which way of thinking is more flexible, adaptable and realistic? The Omega Man can afford to be a Conservative. It's not as practical in the real world, though.

OK, I've rambled on long enough. I threw in an oddly appropriate movie reference, so I guess that justifies the post.
Rick - Don't worry about me thinking your insult was a form of intelligence. I won't take your "Leftyland" generalization as one, either. Frankly, you'd have to try pretty hard. Not an insult, just an educated observation.
supporter
"Exhibiting these characteristics is not being dumb, it's an example of intellectual laziness most often motivated by fear."

Like your fear of talking specifics in favor of your typical "relying on knee-jerk reactions, circular arguments or some other mental crutch" like ooh, conservatives lack "care or compassion", or ooh, conservatives dont "empathize", or ooh, conservatives don't "demonstrate care for others". Aren't those all the same thing?

Not only could you have shortened your list of conservative stereotypes considerably by being a little less repetitive, but you also could have done much more to "avoid hypocrisy" yourself, if you hadn't, in fact, tried to denigrate conservatives for their "knee-jerk reactions" by employing a load of them yourself.

Aside from that, your effort to make "think" synonymous with "empathy" seems kinda strange considering your attempt to split hairs over the difference between "dumb" and "intellectual laziness" Again though, the term "hypocrisy" must be reserved only for those of us on the right.

I knew journalists had to be good at writing fluff, but I really expected a reply with a bit more substance. Not a single specific, just alot of empty smack. And to think we could have just continued with the Anchorman theme. That was really going places.
And I expected more from you, Rick. It's funny that you were able to boil my original "Conservatives don't think" comment into a Beavis and Butthead "Uh huh uh uh Conservatives are dumb uh huh uh." If you can't find any difference between the meanings of my alternatives for "think," then you've helped prove my point about intellectual laziness. You're smarter than that, but choose not to be. I appreciate your help in providing an example of what I was trying to illustrate. If you'd like me to dumb things down and limit my vocabulary to coloring book or Bill O'Reilly level (100 words, give or take) I'd be more than happy to oblige. Don't worry, from now on, I'll only speak in unequivocal (whoops, big word - old habits are hard to break. I mean, black and white) terms so that you can wrap your brain around the concepts. If that's too much for you, I'll let you get back to your Will Ferrell marathon.

[This message has been edited by Brian A. Reed (edited 3/11/2006).]
supporter
Rick: I think Brian just called you a rube.
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1274) 16 years ago
Is there something wrong with Will Ferrel?
supporter
There you have it...

Conservatives.... pro-Will Ferrell
Liberals.........anti-Will Ferrell

If this won't swing votes, I don't know what will
supporter
But then how do you square this? (http://www.ifilm.com/ifil...=12&htv=12)
supporter
Uh, that was before Will's movie career took off, and he needed the money. It was either that, or pose in Gayboy magazine

He was torn, but he went with the liberals.
supporter
Because Gayboy was a conservative magazine, right?
supporter
Must have been. I think "Jeff Gannon" posed in that mag.