Relay for Life
supporter
Posted by Dixie Rieger (+329) 11 years ago
Relay for life is comming up in August. What can I do to help you ask? There are many fund raisers that different teams put on from now until Relay. We are in the process of painting the town purple.It would be nice if the town of Miles City would get behind this like Broadus and Baker do. The Mayor in Baker Proclaimed certain days as paint the town purple. The mayor, the chamber, and all the merchants out did themselves. Broadus is purple from one end of town to the other. Cancer is a devestating disease.Everyone either knows either someone who has died from it, is fighing it,or is a survivor. It touches us all. There are garage sales,Bake sales, Car washes, Barbcues, and usually something set up at the farmers market. Our team is having a pasture golf tournament on Aug.8th at 1:30pm. Clubs are available. Funny creative attire is encouraged. Food is available. Contact Jolene at 853-4648 or Toni at 951-1948. Relay events are always available. Please join in one or all of them. Thanks.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11816) 11 years ago
I put a string of purple lights up in the office window! (My window gets so much sun, if I put anything in it, the colors fade to gray in two days. It would be paint the town gray by the weekend.)

I'm on the Star Relay for Life team and am a cancer survivor, as is my older brother and my mother. So, GO TEAM PURPLE!
Posted by gypsykim (+1557) 11 years ago
Thanks, Dixie! That was just the kick in the pants I needed. I will be painting my block purple this weekend! Can't wait for the Relay For Life on August 20 and 21!!
supporter
Posted by skoh (+329) 11 years ago
Dixie - thank you and Toni and all the others who came to support our car wash today at St. Vincent's. We surpassed our expectations and are happy to have raised a lot of money for Relay. Since we are "the new kids on the block" we really appreciate the response we got from the community. Our bake sale sold out, as did our hamburger plates! We just appreciate everyone's help and support. Can't wait for the Relay event!
~Sandi
Posted by Josh Rath (+2307) 11 years ago
I know that 92.3 is the official media sponsor this year, and we may be entering a team. That will be interesting.
Posted by gypsykim (+1557) 11 years ago
If anyone needs "purple", Dollar Plus has a good selection. I purchased the plastic tableclothes and cut them into the sizes I needed. They withstand the sun very well and I'm now using for the second year! Paint the Town Purple!!