Medical Marijuana and Nursing
Posted by JJC (+78) 11 years ago
The MT Board of Nursing has "received a number of calls from nurses who have obtained medical marijuana cards. The most common question is whether the Board of Nursing can discipline a nurse for using marijuana."
http://billingsgazette.co...002e0.html

Does anyone want the nurse caring for them using marijuana?
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11790) 11 years ago
Do I want a nurse caring for me who uses alcohol? Vicodan? Percocet? The question is not whether a nurse is using a drug but when and how a nurse is using a drug.
Posted by Christen LeBlanc Ramsey (+273) 11 years ago
i'll second that amorette.
Posted by Skye (+382) 11 years ago
I have to disagree. I would rather have a nurse who is happy and calm rather than 'some' nurses who are complete bitches at times.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1906) 11 years ago
You'd prefer a drunk nurse, JJC?
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14969) 11 years ago
Does anyone want the nurse caring for them using marijuana?

never mind... originally I posted a smart-ass answer that I would regret in the morning.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr (7/25/2010)]
Posted by Toni Rentschler (+1518) 11 years ago
I am with Amorette Allison on that. Who really cxares! We can't do anything about a RN on booze, unless used at a wrong time. Anything in strides... Really.
supporter
Posted by M T Zook (+505) 11 years ago
I would never want to be in the care of a nurse or doctor that is under the influence of any drugs or alcohol. I don't want my nurse to be "happy and calm" rather than "bitchy." I could care less if my nurse was bitchy, as long as I am getting the BEST CARE AVAILABLE. If my nurse is stoned and gives me the wrong meds and kills me, or forgets to chart something important or do vital signs because she or he is looking for their next bag of Cheetos, well that would just suck.

I clicked on the medical mj link on the front of this site and was saddened to see that mj vacations were offered. Nice. I honestly haven't looked, but I have never seen an ad for a Vicoden vacation on their website. I BELIEVE, my opinion only, that the vast majority of patients using this "service" are doing it for recreational purposes only.

I also think that if you can't pass a drug test required for your job, that a prescription shouldn't be a get out of jail free card. If you can't meet the required medical standards for your job, you are out of work until such time you can pass a drug test.

You know it, and I know it, this is a BS scam/sham. Flame away.
Posted by Nathan Jessup (+49) 11 years ago
I honestly haven't looked, but I have never seen an ad for a Vicoden vacation on their website. I BELIEVE, my opinion only, that the vast majority of patients using this "service" are doing it for recreational purposes only.

Uhh...Vicodin can KILL you. It is IMPOSSIBLE to overdose on marijuana. Of course no one is advertising "Vicodin Vacations" because chances are you would probably come back from that vacation dead. Why in the hell do you freaking care if some medical marijuana patients go on a trip together?

You know it, and I know it, this is a BS scam/sham. Flame away.

How exactly is medical marijuana a scam? Is it one because you don't agree with it. I would really love to hear your "so called" reasons. (no doubt probably from the DEA or Drug Free America's website.) The only scam going on is the continued waste of BILLIONS of taxpayers dollars on a naturally occurring plant.

In other medical marijuana news VA clinics in states with med mj laws are going to allow our veterans to experience the benefits of medical marijuana.
http://billingsgazette.co...03286.html

But i'm sure they are just "recreational users" anyway. Right MT ZOOK.

[This message has been edited by Nathan Jessup (7/26/2010)]
supporter
Posted by M T Zook (+505) 11 years ago
WATER can kill you. Drink too much and you die. I do think there are some good uses for the drug, but a majority of "patients" want it for simple recreation. It needs to be better regulated.
Posted by Smiley (+849) 11 years ago
Oh Tyler Stark ++oops I mean nathan jessup++ you just love advocating for marijuana. Its like, who cares if there are children dying because they can't get clean water, let's worry about getting high to help our pain... ugh.

I guess you are at least standing up for what you believe in. I don't want a professional under the influence of anything while doing their job. Except house, that vicodin makes him great!! Lol.

Your "its naturally occurring" statement is pointless to this discussion.

Cocaine
Opium
Payote
Heroin maybe??
Most types of marijuana smoked today are not natural. Many people extract the thc and use it to make it more potent....

[This message has been edited by Smiley (7/27/2010)]
Posted by Mandi (+353) 11 years ago
Actually it is possible to overdose on marijuana Nathan. Google it.
Posted by Nathan Jessup (+49) 11 years ago
It is physically impossible to overdose on marijuana. I don't need to google anything.
http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30

"Unlike many of the drugs we prescribe every day, marijuana has never been proven to cause a fatal overdose." Former Surgeon General Joycleyn Elders.

Its like, who cares if there are children dying because they can't get clean water.let's worry about getting high to help our pain... ugh.

Im sorry. I didn't realize this was the "Children are dying because they cant get clean water thread" Just because I post about marijuana on this site apparently means i don't care about anything else.... . Give me a freaking break. How is that view from the top of your mountain?

You cant go up to a poppy plant and shoot up some heroin/morphine and you cant go up to a coca plant and start doing likes of coke. There is a process in making those drugs. You can however go and pick a bud from a cannabis plant and eat or smoke it. FYI The only plant that you listed was peyote.

Most types of marijuana smoked today are not natural. Many people extract the thc and use it to make it more potent

That statement is so wrong in so many ways i don't even know where to begin. Every single pound of marijuana on this earth comes from a plant. Thats what we call natural.
Posted by Smiley (+849) 11 years ago
Every pound of cocaine on this earth oringinated from a plant, so it must be natural... let's start using it as a pain reliever again
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6166) 11 years ago
Arsenic is natural. Be sure to include that in your diet as well.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2052) 11 years ago
"Roll me another one, just like the other one ... pass it on over to me!"
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17468) 11 years ago
"you've been holding on to it.....and I sure...would....like...a hit"
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3713) 11 years ago
For the record, I am in favor of legalizing marijuana for both medical and recreational use. However, I think that Murray is right that "medical" marijuana is a joke for the majority of users. I don't doubt that there are legitimate users although I would guess that there other options for them. The one medical marijuana user that I know in MT is a college student with absolutely nothing wrong with him. He got his card for "back pain" because the "doctor" asked him if he had ever been treated for anything. He told him that he had visited a chiropractor a couple years earlier and the doctor was like "that will work". It was exactly the same in California. All you had to do was google a list of "marijuana doctors", tell one of them you had insomnia or something, and you had a card.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14969) 11 years ago
Fortunately, Oxytropis lambertii bears little resemblance to Cannabis sativa although it appears somehow some of you have mixed the two...
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6166) 11 years ago
I hate it when you make me google, Richard.