New Search Engine
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9978) 20 years ago
FYI, I created a search engine for the site.

This is a particularily powerful feature that will get better as more information is put online and made available to it.

It can currently be used to search the Family Biographies and Web Directory areas of the site. I'll add more areas (such as the eBooks, Forums, etc.) in the future.

Regards, Larry
MilesCity.com Webmaster

[This message has been edited by Larry Antram (edited 3/10/2001).]
admin
founder
You can now also search Dusting Off the Old Ones.
founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+931) 20 years ago
Yumpin yimminy. How much time do you put into this site?? I typed in Farnum because we live in the old Farnum house in Miles City and was impressed with all the hits. Now, currently my dear old mother has been going through the Dr. Hoopes' book (sp?) and looking up information on names that have been mentioned in earlier Forum topics. She pours over this stuff because she is in her 70's and retired. As for you, I certainly appreciate all the effort you put into this site. It doesn't appear to make any money for you -- no ads, etc. So again, thank you for the effort and remember to look both ways when crossing busy streets so you don't get run over -- nobody else is going to do this much work.

Now, once dear old mum gets her info. sorted out, I will try to get her to type this all up and posted. As with any good research she is already finding a few date disprepencies, etc.
admin
founder
I'm not sure how much time I've put in to it overall. Other than way too much. Probably a few hundred hours. Or perhaps several hundred. Not sure.

David Schott has been donating his time transcribing 'Dusting Off the Old Ones' -- so if you value it being online, be sure to thank him and not me!

Really, we're only getting started because there is a wealth of hard to find information that can be put online. Many more family biographies, lots of old photographs and stories, etc.

I only work on the site part time (since I've got a business to run, I'm remodeling my house, etc.) but I'll keep adding more material as I can find the time.

I'm just glad you appreciate it being made available, and hopefully you'll eventually find some new cherished bit of information that would have otherwise remained unfound.

Regards, Larry

[This message has been edited by Larry Antram (edited 3/11/2001).]