anyone remember hanging out Foster Drug fountain
Posted by Carl Wenberg (+45) 11 years ago
Anyone out there , that remembers Air Force guys from the radar base trying to meet what ever ( Chicks)???? at Foster Drug soda fountain would be in there late 60s or 70s now How time flys
Posted by Tracy Walters (+296) 11 years ago
Hmm...I used to hang out there then. I don't remember the Air Force guys though. Where was the radar station?
Posted by Kacey (+3153) 11 years ago
I used to go in there all the time. Don't remember any guys from the radar base though. Must have been keeping a low profile!
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15075) 11 years ago
I never was at Foster Drug fountain. I was with all of the cute girls my age who hung out at Western Pharmacy sucking down ice cream and otherwise consuming the "family fortune". Grandpa was so generous.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11885) 11 years ago
The radar base was seventeen miles out of town from about 1958 to about 1968. There were little bases like it all over the place, until technology improved, then they all went away. There were some very nice folks at the local base during its time here.
Posted by Cheryl Gaer-Barlow (+480) 11 years ago
I used to go there for cherry cokes when I was about 14. It was straight out of "Splendor in the grass" with Natalie Wood. Thanks for bringing back the great memories!
Posted by Tracy Walters (+296) 11 years ago
If the base closed in 1968, that explains why I don't remember it..I believe we moved to Miles City from Alaska in '67, so I wouldn't have had much time to be assimilated into the 'Miles City Mafia' yet.

Posted by Marvin Glenn (+19) 11 years ago
Is the International Haevester Tractor Co.still open in Miles city and what was the owner's name ?
supporter
Montana Truck and Implement. All gone. Don't remember who owned it. There was a guy named Otto that worked there.
founder
Posted by Ken Ziebarth (+314) 11 years ago
We had 'fresh lime Coke' at Fosters when we were downtown. But LaGrandeurs was closer for me.
Ken Z
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2107) 11 years ago
Grants Pool Hall had great fountain cokes also
supporter
Is the International Haevester Tractor Co.still open in Miles city and what was the owner's name ?

So about 3:00 am this morning a name popped into my head. I think Montana Truck and Implement was owned by Cage Colvin. There are people on this forum who are older than I that could verify this, if they would be so kind.
Posted by Bill Bloom (-330) 11 years ago
The International dealership , off main a block or so ,was owned by the Colvin`s , I think , and yes it is long gone.
founder
supporter
Posted by H Lockie (+192) 11 years ago
Yes, the Colvin family did own Montana Truck & Implement. The Otto that worked there would have been Otto Rogge. He was originally from Broadus, and has passed away. His son, Karl, lives here and is an accountant with Rowland, Thomas & Co.
Curry Colvin still lives here, (son of Cage Colvin) and owns the Montana bar, plus the ranch on Moon Creek.
I also remember the Foster Drug fountain and used to eat lunch there in the early 50's when I worked for Mr. Burkholder at Security Abstract Co.
supporter
Posted by ike eichler (+1232) 11 years ago
What a wonderfull character was Cage Colvin. First met him in the early 1960s when I came to Miles deer Hunting. Had an old International Scout at the time. It broke down and took it in for repair. To make a long story short we ended up at the Cross Roads for steaks late that nite.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6170) 11 years ago
Richard, what were you doing up at 3 am?
supporter
Richard, what were you doing up at 3 am?

Taking my Percocet. I had back surgery last Weds.