Benefit for Kay Wheeler
Posted by Rae (+15) 9 years ago
(This thread is also placed in the classified ads - just trying to get the word out)

A benefit account for Kay has been set up at the First Interstate Bank in case you would like to make a donation.

A group of people from the college have been planning a fundraising benefit for Kay to defray some medical expenses. The benefit is July 16, at the MCC Centra, a sloppy joe dinner begins at 5:30, an auction will be going on throughout the evening and we are playing bingo, complete with prizes beginning at 7:00.

If you have an unused gift that you would like to re-gift we could use your re-gifted item in the silent auction or as a bingo prize. Also if anyone would like to furnish cookies or bars for dessert

We would enjoy having everyone join us for a wonderful dinner and a fun night of family bingo

If you have any questions, gifts or would like your name added to the help or cookie list please contact:

Teena Friesz friesztmilescc.edu or 406-874-6194;
Wendy Hodgson hodgsonwmilescc.edu or 406-874-6153;
or Rae Losing losingrmilescc.edu or 406-874-6159.

Please Help us help Kay.
Just a reminder!
Friday, July 16, 2010 at 5:30 p.m. at the MCC Centra there will be a sloppy joe dinner, silent auction, and bingo with fabulous prizes to benefit Kay Wheeler. Kay has been diagnosed with cancer and is currently undergoing treatment. Kay is the mother of 3 children and grandmother of 5. She is a long time employee at the MCC cafeteria and also worked part-time for McDonalds.

Some of the items to be featured at the silent auction:
-Log rocking chair (see picture below)
-Medora Musical Show Tickets (x2)
-Several beautiful handmade quilts
-Antinque dolls (circa 1920s & 30s)
-Cowboy Print & Leather Purse
-Metal Basket w/bird wall decoration
-Glass Birdbath
-Gift Certificates for several business around town
-Full wheel alignment from Tire Rama
-Rib eye steak bundle certificate from MT Quality Foods
-and much, much more

[This message has been edited by Rae (6/29/2010)]
Posted by Smiley (+851) 9 years ago
I'm so sorry to hear about kay's passing. She was always a great person to work with @ McDonald's, and she was a HARD worker. Will there still be a benefit? At least for her children?
Posted by Nathan Jessup (+52) 9 years ago
I'm so sorry to hear about kay's passing

Uhh..I'm pretty sure she is still alive.

Kay has been diagnosed with cancer and is currently undergoing treatment.
Stevensonandsons.com

Scroll down and consider doing something other than being insensitive.
Posted by Nathan Jessup (+52) 9 years ago
I am sorry to hear about her passing. I also knew Kay from McD's and the college cafe.

Insensitive? What was insensitive about my post? It's not like I posted that knowing she had passed on. I was just reading the post about her benefit and it said she was diagnosed with cancer and receiving treatment. Which to me implied that she was still alive.

Way to act all bitchy about it though Smiley.
Your welcome Nathan. I choose to leave it at that, if you want to argue with me, start a different thread.
Posted by Josh Rath (+2309) 9 years ago
Exactly. Don't argue in a peaceful thread.
Posted by cbadnmb2001 (+28) 9 years ago
Kay was a wonderful lady, my wife and I have known her for it seems like forever, she was thoughtful loving and kind and will be missed.
The family will be in our thoughts and prayers in hopes that they be comforted during these toughest of times.
Posted by Skye (+384) 9 years ago
Agree with Nathan.
Posted by Brian (+352) 9 years ago
Kay was one of those people that made a point to remember your name, and always had a smile on her face when she saw you. She always gave me and my friends extra slices of pizza at the MCC cafeteria, and was always asking, "did you get enough to eat?" when we finished...many times demanding we take more because we were "growing boys."

I am saddened to hear about Kay's passing. My sympathies are with her family and friends.
Kay Wheeler passed away yesterday, June 30th. We will be contacting her family about whether to cancel or go forward with the benefit.

In the mean time I think it would be great if people who knew Kay would share their memories of her.

Kay was a wonderful person and a great co-worker. Always proud of her family and grandchildren. I got to know her through work and also participating together on the MCC Relay for Life team. God Bless you Kay.
Posted by Lisa Parsons (+35) 9 years ago
I am very saddened to hear about Kay's passing. I will keep the family in my thoughts.
The family of Kay Wheeler requested that the benefit dinner/auction/bingo be cancelled. If you have brought items to the MCC Library for the silent auction please come by and pick them up. All items received from the local business will be returned this week.

Please keep the family in your prayers.

Thank you everyone for helping us with this project, your efforts have been appreciated.