National Register Signs
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11546) 11 years ago
Whoo-ee. The text of most of the signs for National Historic Register properties is now available on-line. I found the signs for my house and my mother's. Okay, maybe not THAT thrilling but still fun.

http://mhs.mt.gov/shpo/nationalreg.asp
Posted by Dave Golterman (+237) 11 years ago
There's lots of cool information if you follow that link. Thanks Amorette!
supporter
Posted by Mrs. M (+717) 11 years ago
Have you noticed how many properties are missing? I checked the East Main District and my house and my neighbors aren't listed. The properties on the next block aren't either and I believe there are three or four of them. I have emailed the preservation officer on the web site.
founder
supporter
You have to have a sign to have it listed, so if your house is listed but doesn't have one of the signs, then there is no text to post. And that was not one of my better sentences.

Plus, they haven't finished it yet. It is still a work in progress. So if you have a sign and it isn't up yet, give them some time.

And if you want a sign and don't have one, let me know. I have the forms at my office.
supporter
Posted by Mrs. M (+717) 11 years ago
My sign has been up for well over ten years, probably close to twenty years. I acquired it right after the East Main District was formed. Susan McDaniels gave me forms to hand out to the other property owners. That was the first batch of the signs ordered for East Main to my knowledge. I see there are 42 homes in the district so they have a lot of work to do.
founder
supporter
Ah, then it is probably just a matter of putting in the info. They should note that the site is still a work in progress.
founder
supporter
And. . .two minutes later I check my email and find the forwarded note from Ellen Baumler, sign guru. Yes, they are putting signs in backwards from date of application so newer signs went up first. Thank's Mrs. M, for sending that note on to me!

Still, if you haven't got a sign, I have forms!!!!