Reward for Vandalism Information
Posted by Warden Karren (+21) 10 years ago
Vandals spray painted graffiti on the improvements at Kinsey Fishing Access Site. The vandalism occurred sometime between Saturday afternoon, June 5th and Monday, June 7, 2010. Local warden, Ryan Karren would like anyone who was at the site on Saturday evening, June 5th or Sunday, June 6th to call him if they saw the graffiti or any suspicious activity. There is a Tip Mont award of up to $1,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the perpetrators. Anyone who has information about this is encouraged to call Fish, Wildlife and Parks warden, Ryan Karren at 406-234-0916 or 406-853-7900. Information can be confidential.

Images of Vandalism. Warning! Some Images are VULGAR. Not for children. Image posting is part of official investigation.

http://s1002.photobucket....denKarren/
Posted by Jess Bradley (+207) 10 years ago
Seems so pointless! and disrespectful. I hope they find the responsible party!! Such a shame when people do things like this it really makes it hard for the rest of us to enjoy ourselves having to look at that garbage!
Posted by Brian Hubbell (+121) 10 years ago
I agree with you Jess. Out at Mathews Rec area the BLM has put up a covered picnic area and several BBQs for the public to use and what do a select few of these people do? They use the wood shake shingles from the roof as their firewood not to mention several other vandalism acts. Wish there was a way to get this stopped, I just hope I can catch somebody in the act someday. No reward will be necessary!
Posted by Christen LeBlanc Ramsey (+277) 10 years ago
so, what young morons have recently been 'offended' by mcpd? that's where i'd start. my guesses are they are thin, non-users of toilet paper and packing dope. way to assert themselves...
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9973) 10 years ago
In that one photo, whoever did the vandalism appears to have been so stupid they literally painted themselves into a corner, and ended up with "STONER" instead of "STONERS". You can almost sense the stress level with the letters getting closer together and the slower painting of the E and R as they were dumbfounded and realized, "oh crap". Real bright. I guess they tried to make up for it by hastily adding an S to the end of "RULE", after screwing up again, to change the meaning. I think this was the work of a redneck relative of the guy holding the "MORANS" sign.

supporter
Posted by Jeff Denton (+756) 10 years ago
One of the graffitis shown might be a gang signature. An officer trained in that might recognize it. It means something. Otherwise, it all looks like the work of bored punks. Too bad they can't find anything more fun2 do .
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16506) 10 years ago
I'm with Jeff. Almost certainly a Latino gang has come up from Arizona and set up shop at the Kinsey Fishing Access Site. I've heard they have a thing for outhouses.
supporter
Did you look at the photos offered? In the second to last one, there may be a gang code. It may not be real, it's probably "copy cat" but copied from what? It's a clue. Do you see that signature anywhere else lately? Your villain may be an import, trying to impress his friends with his "gang status". Which usually isn't very real, either. But just the thought of it gets him the respect a newbie might need.
But I'm sure the local authorities know all this. And it could have been worse. Remember when vandals destroyed facilities at Spotted Eagle?
Posted by mtgman (+87) 10 years ago
Looks like the same work as the punks did on our two new bridges in town.The only way to catch these losers is have people hiding in the bush ready to call the law,Which i would be willing to do.I would also ban spray paint sales to minors.Spray painting usally leaves a mess on your fingers,So keep a look out.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1486) 10 years ago
Hey mtgman, you must have been waiting for some vandals last night at the widow Douglas' house. I saw you there hiding in her bedroom window bushes.

FH
Posted by Smiley (+852) 10 years ago
I think people that tag are stupid. It's not like you can take credit for your work, and if you do take credit, you are in a lot of trouble.

I mean, they could at least graffiti something useful like "BEWARE OF RATTLESNAKES!" Still illegal but not dumb like "Stoner RULES"

I wasn't aware Obama lit up :/
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8992) 10 years ago
It's a clue

I'm sure the Hardy Boys will be right on it, just as soon as they get Chet's jalopy put back together...
Posted by ty head (+102) 10 years ago
I got carded trying to buy spray paint for my windshield cowl the other day, so they already don't sell to minors.
Posted by sloth (+70) 10 years ago
how about some of those night vision cameras to capture wildlife. you could hide them in the trees and then catch them on film. i would donate mine in a heart beat if i had one. those type of people need to be caught so its not wrecked for everybody else.
Posted by CS Hunt (+321) 10 years ago
That really is too bad. We were there several weeks ago and my husband and I were both impressed with how clean everything was. I think cameras are a great idea.

Smiley...I have to admit I got a good laugh out of "Beware of rattlesnakes"!!! Practical tagging for sure!
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16669) 10 years ago
Good luck, Warden Karren, in your investigation. I think posting here is a great idea. Lets hope all recreational users become vigilant and catch those slack-jowled losers.

I will eagerly await the thread after the slack-jawed losers are caught, and the friends and family of said slack-jawed losers come on and post, "Enuff alreddy! They only spraid a little pante! Quit talkin trash abought my brother!"
supporter
Posted by Stone (+1590) 10 years ago
This kind of stuff happens all the time-even in town. The Riverside Park, circular slide, it gets covered with profanities and words much worse than the above pictures. We have had years in the Parks where the damage is immense in cost and especially time to remove and cover up such nonsense. We have had such things happen as 75 sprinklers kicked off, graffiti, bullet holes, fires burned into new playground equipment, pick nick tables busted and spray painted, bathroom totally destroyed by rock wielding delinquents.

The list goes on and on, but until you have cleaned a bathrooms with human excrement all over the walls and finger prints in that excrement nothing compares. Once somebody wrote "YO YO Whats UP" on the walls with their own feces. Now I think I can say that I have seen it all.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1910) 10 years ago
Bridger. If I recall, Joe was the swarthier of the two. And that Chet guy. What a hoot!

By the way. The next time you're in MC, Denton, take a look around. Unless its been cleaned up completely, you'll find Miles City sports some graffiti that's been around since WWII.
supporter
By the way. I hope the warden has good luck finding the knuckle-dragging morons that did this. And I also hope they get the book thrown at'em. Even if they were drunk and "not using good judgment". And even if they weren't Mexican-drug-smuggling-illegal-alien-gang members.
supporter
You should also be on the lookout for a fat, stoned guy. Just look at the clues.
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2618) 10 years ago
Stone:
Now I think I can say that I have seen it all.

Without implicating myself in any way, I can say, "Oh no you haven't!"
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2618) 10 years ago
Inside message to Wendy...

Well?
Posted by Jess Bradley (+207) 10 years ago
This kind of stuff happens all the time-even in town. The Riverside Park, circular slide, it gets covered with profanities and words much worse than the above pictures. We have had years in the Parks where the damage is immense in cost and especially time to remove and cover up such nonsense. We have had such things happen as 75 sprinklers kicked off, graffiti, bullet holes, fires burned into new playground equipment, pick nick tables busted and spray painted, bathroom totally destroyed by rock wielding delinquents.

This has always bothered me! Why someone has to put profanity on childrens equipment is beyond me!
Posted by stephen (+255) 10 years ago
Because they want to be kids themselves.
supporter
Right, Bob, graffitti can be anywhere and everywhere. There are people whose job it is to study WHY and HOW. It's an interesting field, when you get into it it becomes clear how it works. Sometimes it's just stupid junk like most of what is pictured in this case. A trained eye will spot "artwork" with a signal in it, or a signature. These have a meaning, usually marking turf or warning rivals.
All I'm saying is this is what you look for and analyze when you have crap like this going on. Or not, it makes good little jokes too!
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6170) 10 years ago
Okay, Kelly, I give. If you're implying that you have had a dark and dangerous childhood I can only say that you were always an angel around me.
Posted by Warden Karren (+21) 10 years ago
Another act of vandalism has happened at Kinsey Bridge FAS around 6/13/2010. The mess was just cleaned up and the vandals came back and marked it again. Any information about these acts would be appreciated. There is a reward up to 1,000 dollars for information leading to arrest and prosecution of involved parties. We have to get this stopped.
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2605) 10 years ago
Time for the trail cameras to be put to work what the hell it is worth a try since they did it twice already sounds like they're dumb enough to do it 3 times.
Posted by tlk (+200) 10 years ago
did anyone think of finding prints?? these were definitely done by amateurs that think they are being funny, if anything i am sure they go there often they are bound to show up again if someone sets camp up
supporter
Prints are only beneficial if the perp is already in the system. If it's kids they may not have a record . . . yet.
Posted by Skye (+386) 10 years ago
Come on people...it's vandalism not a murder. And this IS Miles City, finger prints...not gonna happen, for gods sake we just paved the roads on the north side of town over 20 years they haven't done that. You honestly think they will spend the thousands of dollars to do finger prints for vandalism....
supporter
Posted by K.Duffy (+1795) 10 years ago
So..Skye, exactly where were YOU between 6/12/10 and 6/14/10
Skye, you haven't even been alive for twenty years...
Posted by ocne (+482) 10 years ago
FYI-SKYE

That seemingly insignificant (to you) vandalism has been done time and time again at sites and to property owned not only by the city or county, but also by FWP and BLM. In case you didn't know, these particular properties (FWP, BLM) were bought by the public with taxpayers money, for the public to enjoy and also maintained as such. When vandals cause such tremendous damage to these sites over and over again, eventually they wind up being closed to overnight useage or closed to the public all together. Consequently, the public gets denied access to something that they contributed to because of the bone-headed, idiotic, disprectful actions of some morons with no imagination enough to find something better to do with their time.

Yes, its not murder so its probably not earth-shattering in the grand scheme of crimes, but it is still damage done to things that actually do hold meaning to some people.
supporter
My guess is that Skye is around 16-17 years old. Can anyone confirm how close my guess is?
19 according to facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/#...1249378921
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3717) 10 years ago
Let's get one of them waterboard things.
supporter
Warden Karren, thank you and all law enforcement officials who helped to solve this crime and convict the perpetrators, on behalf of all Montana (and out-of-state) sportsmen who use the facility, and we are very grateful that we have recreational facilities like this available.

Let's everyone be vigilant to maintain these facilities. Lord knows how many times over Thanksgiving when I am back on holidays that I have picked up empty beer bottles and cans from this area. Special kudos goes out to those who notified the authorities about this.
Posted by Skye W (+18) 10 years ago
ummm ok. whoever that first "Skye" was...isnt me...this would be Skye Watts and yes I am 19 years old and that Facebook link is to my page. But I have not been on this site for a long time and I did not say those things. Before you go and put someones Facebook link on here you should probably get the facts of exactly who it is and not just guess. Just because my name isnt that common doesnt mean that I'm the only Skye living in MC. I would really like an apology, thank you.
supporter
This is what comes from someone not having the guts to use his full name here.
Posted by luvlife (+291) 10 years ago
How clever...."SKYE"...short for Skyler!!! (i guess these guys do enjoy reading these "stupid threads" once in awhile)!!! We aren't the only "morons...without a life"!!! Skye W is a sweet girl...to bad someone had to bring her facebook page into this. You do deserve a apology.
Posted by john w caylor (+82) 10 years ago
Bridgier & Smiley you guys think that an apology might be in order?
Skye W.,
1. If you want to ask someone for an apology, you shouldn't do so in a catty tone. It doesn't make you look good.

2. The internet is a public place, so if you are really upset about someone looking at you, your things, who you are, and so forth, don't post it on the internet. Simple. I know I POSTED your facebook, and their isn't a law against it.

3. I did try to figure out who it was that was being a pain in the butt on the forums under the name "Skye." I was informed it was you, after my attempt to "get the facts." So to say that I didn't make an effort to uncover the details is, in fact, a lie. I did, and I apoligize that I was misinformed about who it was.

4. Underage drinking is bad, try fishing or camping. It might not be as MUCH fun, but you can do it with your friends (and it's legal). Most people drink before the age of 21, especially in a town like this where it's a challenge to find engaging activities. Some people actually recieve consequences from drinking underage, some people don't. I'd suggest not waiting to recieve them, and try being the "different" one by resisting peer pressure.

5. Again, I'm sorry that I was misinformed and posted your facebook. Like you said, you did nothing wrong and didn't warrant the attention to your profile.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8992) 10 years ago
Indeed, and I will happily accept any and all apologies that Skye W. wishes to make.
supporter
I've re-read Skye W.'s post and I didn't find her request catty. Admitting one's mistakes is a sign of maturity.
Posted by luvlife (+291) 10 years ago
I agree with you, Wendy. I felt Skye sounded very mature and to the point...she just wanted to set the record straight...as would any of us.

I don't know why Smiley went on and on (1 thru 5)!!! You should of just printed #5 and left it at that...as far as i'm concerned you sounded a little "caddy" on #1 thru #4!!! Well, at least you did finally get to the point and apologize and i'll give you that.
Posted by Skye W (+18) 10 years ago
Thanks for the back up guys. This whole things just really made me realize that at 19 I am more mature then someone who has the time to sit on their computer and put research into who a person is that said something they didnt like on an OPINION forum. And has the time to go through all my pictures on FB and find one you thought would be fun to expose me with, if you can honestly tell me that at 19 you have never drank,Smiley, then woohoo go you! And I dont believe that the other "skye" should have been bad mouthed in the first place because she/he was just simply stating there opinion which is what this is for. Thank you for the apology, in the future you should probably ask a more reliable source. and once again thanks for the back up!