Bart's COOL photo's
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15082) 12 years ago
WOW! These are AWESOME photo's taken by Bart Freese. Great Job, Bart!

Posted by Kacey (+3154) 12 years ago
Amazing photos!! Thanks for sharing.
Posted by Vicky Strom (+133) 12 years ago
Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing.
Posted by Gwen Gunther (+107) 12 years ago
Cool pictures! My 8 year old daughter noticed the cloud before I did that day. I remember thinking to myself, it takes a spectacular cloud to catch the attention of an 8 year old!!! It was cool, glad someone captured it in a photo.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3707) 12 years ago
I saw that cloud last week as well, it was amazing. I was going to take a picture but the battery on my phone was dead.
founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+933) 12 years ago
Yes, but I really can't take the credit (I still thank you, however Richard!). This was a point and shot moment. The only Photoshop tweakage was on the one with the water tanks -- I dodged the tanks to lighten up the name Miles City. No enhancing of the colors -- its was just that great all on its own. Later, that cloud went black and due to its enormity you could see multiple flashes of lightening in different portions. I should have taken some of those shots -- my old weather friend Bruce would have stuck around and gotten those shots. I kept thinking "Close Encounters".
supporter
Posted by Sarah Peterson (+381) 12 years ago
I have nearly the same photos of the same cloud formation!
supporter
Posted by Sarah Peterson (+381) 12 years ago
I don't have the Denton Field lights though...that's cool.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6115) 12 years ago
Awesome photos, Bill. Thank you for sharing them with us. VERY COOL!
Correction: Thank you for taking the photos, Bill. And thank you for posting them, Richard.
Dammit, missing the edit function already (thanks, Josh) ...

Thank you, BART. That's BART, not Bill. I am thanking BART. Everyone should thank BART. And Richard. Along with BART. BART took the photos. Again, BART.

In closing, BART.

Thank you, BART.
founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+933) 12 years ago
That's okay, Brian. My brother's name is Bill and the names get mixed up all the time. Then there is Black Bert, Bart's meaner cousin -- right Curt?

Sarah, did you shoot your photos from the pine hills area? If so, that would really show the enormity of that cloud.
Posted by tax payer (+351) 12 years ago
This was the cloud that produced the tornado in Praire county. Great Picture!