Kafe Utza Live Music
Posted by Kara (+28) 12 years ago
Kafe Utza will be featuring D'n'A Wednesday June 2nd at 5pm!

D'n'A, an acoustic duo consisting of Doug Heydon and Amey Herman,have
been researching, recording and playing music of Europe and North America for several years. They met in the Eugene Community Orchestra, where Doug plays double bass and Amey plays first violin. They discovered that they shared, among many other things, a love for traditional music. They havebeen engaged in a process of searching out interesting traditional tunes and tracing their development as they spread through North America. Much of today's popular music is a direct result of this evolution, and they enjoy demonstrating how these changes took place.
Amey is a French Instructor, writer and game creator along with her violinplaying. Doug is a luthier, specializing in construction and repair of double basses,repair and restoration of all stringed instruments. They live in Springfield, Oregon, with their dog Zoe.

For questions please contact Kafe Utza 406-234-9821. Hope to see you there!
Posted by Kacey (+3154) 12 years ago
It sounds wonderful! Wish I could be there.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3704) 12 years ago
Be there or be cubicle. Hurrah! A new music venue with new people in Miles City. More Please.

Best of luck and thanks to the Stewarts for the willingness to try something new.
founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+933) 12 years ago
I'm there . . . if I don't forget.
supporter
Posted by MRH (+1505) 12 years ago
I'll be there, if I am not to sheepish.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15082) 12 years ago
I'll be there, if I am not to sheepish.

Are you on the lamb again?
supporter
Are you on the lamb again?

Good one as usual Richard. Just with! Just with!
founder
Rats, I forgot I've got a picnic tonight. Well, not rats for the picnic, I'm really looking forward to that (don't want to get uninvited).

Kara, how long do you think they'll be playing?
Posted by Smiley (+854) 12 years ago
I might come, I really don't want my two year old to be a distraction though, Wish my babysitter wasn't out of town :{
founder
"I really don't want my two year old to be a distraction though"

That, Smiley, is why we really enjoyed the summer they had the open mic in Veterans' Park, downtown. Oh, I know there were sound and logistic problems at the park site, but those of us with kids were able to go and enjoy. We enjoyed both the music and the fact that our kids weren't distracting others. We'd sit way in the back along the sidewalk and play in the grass and have a great time.
supporter
Thank you Cafe Utza for providing the very entertaining evening of music. The music was very good and the muscians were very friendly. I really enjoyed the evening.