Look at yourself after watching this
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10001) 11 years ago
Posted by Diane Emeney (+492) 11 years ago
That....was amazing
supporter
Posted by montanajane (+289) 11 years ago
Awesome. OK,I have no problems. Too bad everybody doesn't have his attitude,it would be a much better world.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 11 years ago
I've heard of this guy before. He is truly an example of the best of humanity.
Posted by Salli (Scanlan) Moore (+81) 11 years ago
I have seen him several times on TV. He is an amazing Christian man, who truly has a heart for loving people!
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6014) 11 years ago
Salli wrote:
I have seen him several times on TV. He is an amazing Christian man, who truly has a heart for loving people!

How about "he is an amazing ... man." Period. It's his attitude and message that matters, not his choice of religion. There's no need to interject here it for effect.

That having been said, thank you for sharing, Larry.
He is a Christian!
Is that so terrible? How sad..
No, it's not terrible.

It's not good, it's not bad. It's irrelevant.

You could substitute any adjective for "Christian" and it wouldn't add or subtract from the story.

"He is an amazing goateed man, who truly has a heart for loving people!"

"He is an amazing Scrabble-playing man, who truly has a heart for loving people!"

"He is an amazing T-shirt wearing man, who truly has a heart for loving people!"

Whether he's a Christian or not, it doesn't really matter. Inserting it into the story doesn't give it any more validity.
So, what was the point of wanting to drop "Christian" from the original statement?

It seems that most "Christian" subjects/comments get "attacked". Examine the reason behind your response and explain it to me, I'd really like to know what the threat is. Thanks

supporter
Posted by mikeh (+302) 11 years ago
This guy is cool. I loved him as Charlie on LOST. "You are everybody..."
Salli - the "threat," as you put it, is the presupposition of Christianity being an absolute good. As far as I could tell, there was no mention of Mr. Vujicic's spirituality in the video (although there is plenty of it on his website). Why bring it up unless it's an attempt to trump all potential counter-arguments?

The whole "if X is positive, it MUST be Christian," argument isn't only inaccurate, it's offensive to anyone who isn't Christian. Let the merits of Mr. Vujicic's message stand on its own. Neither he, nor his message, need the crutch.

On a side note, I wonder if it would be reasonable to expect my children to worship me if I cut off their arms and legs.

[This message has been edited by Brian A. Reed (5/31/2010)]
Posted by Gail Finch Shipek (+94) 11 years ago
The observant viewer noticed the Bible on the table that he sat on.

"On a side note, I wonder if it would be reasonable to expect my children to worship me if I cut off their arms and legs." Brian, I am sure Nick Vujicic has already worked through this.

Watching this video has impacted me several times since I watched it a couple days ago. His message is positive and strong.
The observant viewer noticed the Bible on the table that he sat on.

Guess I missed that. I was listening to what he had to say (and was thankful that he didn't pontificate as he said it).

Brian, I am sure Nick Vujicic has already worked through this.

Bully for him.

Watching this video has impacted me several times since I watched it a couple days ago. His message is positive and strong.

On this, we agree. Had Salli said this the first time around, we could have avoided this little debate altogether.

[This message has been edited by Brian A. Reed (5/31/2010)]
Brian - being a Christian, does not mean "absolute good". I do know that he IS a Christian. Being a good person does not make you a Christian, no more than going to church makes us Christian. I didn't notice the Bible on the table either - but also, owning a Bible does not make us Christian.
I suppose I only brought it up to show that, He is a good example of a Christian. Loving, caring, compassionate, and strong in knowing who he is on the inside. NON-JUDGEMENTAL. I was going to say "That's a good one for MC.com" but that would be very judgmental of me! And that is bad.

Galatians 5:22-23 The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
supporter
Posted by C.Kee (+376) 11 years ago
Thank you for posting this video....totally awesome. I hope I can hold on to his message regarding attitude. Thanks again.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1607) 11 years ago
I know him well. When we are water skiing together I call him "Skip". While swimming in the pool, he goes by "Bob" and while hanging around at the museum, call him "Art". Once for Halloween, he put on a cow costume and went as "Ground Beef".

...I didn't see if he was carrying a bible.

FH