Anyone want to play trivia?
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3712) 11 years ago
I used to play this daily trivia game on another message board and it was pretty fun. Just a timed 10 question trivia quiz daily and ranking for everyone who plays. You have to register but it's a private quiz/ranking just for people who read milescity.com. The categories and difficulty can be adjusted as we like. Check it out, and remember that time is important. If you google every question (or any of them for that matter) you aren't going to get a good score at all.

http://www.funtrivia.com/...?tid=95583
supporter
Posted by Ingird Emilsson (+209) 11 years ago
To paraphrase Maxwell Smart, "Missed it by that much"
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 11 years ago
I was very sad to see today, that Leif Hope's family has been cheating on the trivia quiz. I would urge Levi, as the moderator, to ban the entire family, as I find it to be as despicable as tagging the Kinsey rest area toilet.

Thank you in advance for consideration to my proposal. And to Leif, no offense intended to you........some of us here are democrats, and do not like to cheat like republicans. I assume your wife and child are republicans....hmmm?
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9193) 11 years ago
CHEATERS!!! LOOTERS!!!
supporter
WTH? This is a bit of a stretch for today's category:

Which of these animals was never Prime Minister of New Zealand?
Posted by Leif Hope (+94) 11 years ago
Yes, they admitted to me they cheated on the quiz yesterday. I believe them when they told me that was the only day they did so. Also, as embarrassed as I am for the behavior of my mother-in-law and wife, I am embarrassed for those that feel they need to name call.

I played the quiz, as I have every morning since it started, this morning. Upon reading the posts here, please be assured I will no longer play.

It was fun. Some people in my family take competition way too seriously.

I will apologize, again.
supporter
Posted by M T Zook (+515) 11 years ago
Like I said before, I don't care if you want to play, just keep it honest! I honestly laughed and am surprised that it took this long for somebody to get "creative."

I think we all take this a little too seriously, but give us idiots a chance!

I hope you don't all quit, but ultimately I think that the decision should rest with Levi, since it is his game.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 11 years ago
I don't care if they play. Just don't cheat.
supporter
Bridgier wins again...yawn.

Sep 10

58 players played during the month.

1. Bridgier (566 points, 4 wins)
2. benjamaniac (523 points, 3 wins)
3. snorkie (481 points, 3 wins)
4. ingride (481 points, 1 wins)
5. mrsdoodlepunk (419 points, 1 wins)
6. SsquaredDesign (393 points, 4 wins)
7. GunnarE (366 points, 1 wins)
8. bigdave (363 points, 1 wins)
9. CindyS (360 points, 0 wins)
10. Travis (356 points, 3 wins)
supporter
I think Bridgier needs to be handicapped.
Posted by Mindy B (+81) 11 years ago
Anyone else hate World Trivia? It is too hodgepodge for me, I never know what kind of weird questions they will post.
supporter
I kind of like that once a week there is a category where knowing all the answers is pretty rare for anyone so it's more about what you know than how fast you can read.
supporter
I didn't realize the grapes were so sour in Utah....
supporter
Neener, neener, neener.
supporter
I'm with Levi. I like the quizzes where the winner only gets 8 right, instead of eight people with 10 right.

Having never seen "South Park" is a serious character defect....
supporter
You'd think otherwise if you had a two year old running around at the time.
supporter
That is no excuse. I only watch the reruns....I missed all of South Park in the 1990s. The few episodes I saw in the 1990s, I thought were stupid....then I saw the way of the jedi.

There is a South Park marathon starting tonight on Comedy Central, that appears to star a certain Leopold Butterstotch.....who happens to be my wife's favorite character (me, I'm a Cartman man). I suggest you tune into some episodes tomorrow....unless the said two year old is only 5 now.
Posted by ndrew64 (+42) 11 years ago
The world category was extremely humbling...it wasn't that I read slow, it was that I kept sitting there saying "Wha-aa-t...?!"

On a side note-Can the Web master or anyone explain how there are two of us snorkies on here? I am snorkie on the trivia, but not on classifieds or forums. Someone else is snorkie there...Now you know a computer related trivia category would be my Waterloo!
supporter
Heck, that's easy...even for a computer illiterate like me.

The trivia quiz is a completely different website than milescity.com.
Posted by ndrew64 (+42) 11 years ago
Thank you
supporter
Anyone else having trouble submitting their quiz? The last two days the "submit my answers" button did not work in Chrome and the only way to finish my quiz was to retake it in Firefox which did not lead to the best times.
supporter
No problems here but I use Internet Explorer.
supporter
After 4 straight months, Bridgier has lost his crown. Congratulations to IngridE, October's champion. Thanks for playing everybody.

Oct 10

61 players played during the month.

1. ingride (577 points, 2 wins)
2. benjamaniac (533 points, 3 wins)
3. snorkie (529 points, 3 wins)
4. Bridgier (480 points, 4 wins)
5. mtzook (420 points, 0 wins)
6. mrsdoodlepunk (400 points, 3 wins)
7. GunnarE (386 points, 2 wins)
8. Lilly1 (384 points, 1 wins)
9. mrsbigdave (360 points, 0 wins)
10. Travis (359 points, 2 wins)
supporter
About time. I was beginning to think that Bridgier is God.
supporter
Posted by M T Zook (+515) 11 years ago
Woohoo! I made the board. I had a few REALLY bad days and missed one. Still happy with the results though. Somehow I feel Bridgier is toying with us though. Smug SOB!
supporter
Posted by julieinmc (+517) 11 years ago
First time I ever played and I got 9 right and, so far, 6th place. I did so much better than I thought I would!
supporter
Well, on the fifth month, God rested...
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1670) 11 years ago
supporter
Anyone notice that the game's timer seems not to recognize our time change?
supporter
The only thing I noticed is that Frank Hardy is a dirty rotten cheater!
Posted by karen ekstrom (+1) 11 years ago
I sure noticed the time thing. I stumbled back to my hotel room in Denver on Monday and got the wifi hooked up by 11:45 so I could play Monday's game (and not fall behind Gunnar) and Tuesday's game was up instead!
supporter
Well, I'd certainly hate to fall behind Gunnar as well.
supporter
I think I'd hate just to walk behind Gunnar, much less fall behind him.
supporter
I forgot to post this earlier but IngridE kept her crown as trivia champ for the 2nd straight month.

Nov 10

56 players played during the month.

1. ingride (563 points, 2 wins)
2. benjamaniac (552 points, 9 wins)
3. Bridgier (545 points, 0 wins)
4. mrsdoodlepunk (440 points, 2 wins)
5. SsquaredDesign (389 points, 1 wins)
6. foofy (379 points, 3 wins)
7. Cooliododah (364 points, 0 wins)
8. Travis (363 points, 0 wins)
9. bigdave (348 points, 0 wins)
10. LeviF (346 points, 0 wins)

Also, I haven't changed the categories for a while, partly because I like them now , but feel free to post here if you think it's time for a change anywhere. For January at least if not sooner.
supporter
Yeah, I kind of pulled a BSU there that last week. Congrats to Ingride.
supporter
I would get rid of ANIMALS.

And, quite frankly, I can't see how anyone can ever score under 40 seconds. Especially in a category that has long, wordy questions that require some thought......like ANIMALS.

I called Leif & his family out on cheating, and he/they left. Some others should take a look in the mirror.

Just my 2 cents. You don't see those kind of scores ever in World Trivia, which requires some thought.
supporter
It's pretty easy to see if more than one account are playing from the same IP, and I check it from time to time, especially when I see a time that looks uncharacteristically fast for the person who got it. If you're suspicious of a score, send me an email or something and I will check IP's. Of course people could use proxies, but anyone that would go to that much effort to cheat on a game that has no prize has to be a sick puppy.
supporter
It has not been my experience that the Animals category has more wordy questions than the others. If anything, World Trivia and History seem to have more wordy questions. In fact, my Animals quiz yesterday had very short simple questions. I think it's luck of the draw.

The only category that I really, really, really, really hate is Music. . . . I never thought I'd ever say that.
Posted by sdrew (+228) 11 years ago
Gunner: I have no knowledge of how to cheat at this game, however, I have extensive knowledge of animals because I am a Certified Veterinary Technician with over 15 years of experience. I do not appreciate your implications. It is a game, after all. I play global trivia twice daily, which also increases knowledge and speed. Be a gracelful non-winner, if you get my drift. If you don't get my drift, maybe YOU should look in the mirror.

[This message has been edited by sdrew (12/4/2010)]
supporter
Don't pay Gunnar no mind, snorkie. If you want to get his goat call him snuggle bunny.
supporter
Posted by Big Dave (+434) 11 years ago
Ahem, Wendy, "Don't pay Gunnar no mind"

That's all I'm going to say.
supporter
Ahem, Dave. Have you never heard of colloquialism?
supporter
Why the hate, snorkie? Where's the love?
Posted by sdrew (+228) 10 years ago
I don't appreciate your implication that because a player scores high they cheat. I am not speaking only for myself. Every player has a category he/she is better at playing. If one was going to go to the trouble of figuring out how to cheat, why would they only cheat on one category?

As far as "why all the hate", that was reaction I had to your post wanting to get rid a of a category you get waxed at on a weekly basis and implying people are cheating.

The "love" is with the players who congratulate and support each other in this GAME. Thanks to Wendy & mrsdoodlepunk for that.

Be a good sport, Gunnar. Petulance is such an unattractive trait.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 10 years ago
Sigh. The love is gone.
Not true, snugglebunny...
OK, Gunnar, to be fair, you need to accuse a couple of people of cheating on General Knowlege today.

Maybe Levi should just get rid of that bad old category!
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9193) 10 years ago
I'd worry less about who Gunnar thinks is cheating, and more about reading faster if I was you sdrew.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 10 years ago
Hey Levi,

Does this game keep track of your average score in each category? It'd be interesting to see which category I score best in but I'm too lazy to keep track of that myself.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3712) 10 years ago
Nope, although there is a "statistics" category in the admin panel, all it says under it is "Coming Soon!". I've been playing this game for like 5 years now so I'm not holding my breath .