Anyone want to play trivia?
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3709) 11 years ago
I used to play this daily trivia game on another message board and it was pretty fun. Just a timed 10 question trivia quiz daily and ranking for everyone who plays. You have to register but it's a private quiz/ranking just for people who read milescity.com. The categories and difficulty can be adjusted as we like. Check it out, and remember that time is important. If you google every question (or any of them for that matter) you aren't going to get a good score at all.

http://www.funtrivia.com/...?tid=95583
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17125) 11 years ago
Well, that was fun. Thanks, Levi.
supporter
I thought I put up a pretty good score and then Gunnar showed up and crushed it within about 10 minutes .
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3672) 11 years ago
Yup, I learned the hard way that time counts.
Posted by Kacey (+3156) 11 years ago
You really meant it when you said time matters. A difference of a few seconds makes a big difference even if all the answers are correct.
supporter
I got a lot faster after playing a few times. There is a monthly ranking as well as the daily one so if it catches on I will post who the monthly champion is on this thread.

[This message has been edited by Levi Forman (5/24/2010)]
supporter
Just hope I don't send the link to my wife...she would crush all of us.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9125) 11 years ago
I call foul on the "Candace Bergen" question.
supporter
Posted by Chuck Littleton (+146) 11 years ago
Love trivia!
Posted by Maryann McDaniel (+259) 11 years ago
Fun, but need my husband to help me on these -- he knows all... but is already in bed here in Texas where it is 11 p.m.
supporter
Hmm, comparing the scores yesterday with today and apparently geography is not our strong suit .
supporter
I don't think knowing the month and year that Gandhi died necessarily qualifies as a geography trivia question...
supporter
Nor would I consider minutia of British geography as "Intermediate"
supporter
It is if you're British
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6174) 11 years ago
I did ok. Made some good guesses though.
founder
supporter
Woah! I just got killed today.
Posted by Bob's sister (+23) 11 years ago
ok so now I am hooked. thanks a lot!!! LOL
Posted by MollieP (+133) 11 years ago
thanks Levi...now I fee dumb...you are right geography sucks!
supporter
Posted by Chris Gamrath (+383) 11 years ago
Ditto that statemnet, some guy name Bridgier just made me look like a Moran! lol I think it's probably from all that silly reading he does. Pffftttt I just always figured if it was anything good, it would eventually show up on t.v. HAHA
supporter
Posted by M T Zook (+513) 11 years ago
Awesome. Thanks Levi, I'm in.
supporter
10 for 10 today. Booya!!
supporter
Posted by Jeff Denton (+760) 11 years ago
It was really easy today. Yesterday wasn't.
supporter
Congratulations, Mrs. Doodle Punk!
supporter
Thanks for pooping on my parade, Jeff. I have so little else in my life, you could at least have given me this.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4953) 11 years ago
got a 9 out of 10...Not too bad I guess LOL...
Posted by Christen LeBlanc Ramsey (+269) 11 years ago
ooh, dusting the cobwebs out of my brain... thanks levi that was quite fun!
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6023) 11 years ago
Damn. Link is blocked at work.
supporter
I got killed in literature. My knowledge of both Shakespeare and Harry Potter are apparently deficient.
supporter
Yeah, my English teacher and Librarian father couldn't be prouder of me today.
supporter
But I'm assuming that everyone got the "Anthem For Doomed Youth" question correct. I post that thing every Veteran's day, surely it's stuck with some of you, right?
founder
supporter
Damned embarrassing that. I am an English major and only got seven right today.
Posted by Bill N (+62) 11 years ago
They must have a pool of questions to use each day. I didn't get a Harry Potter question or an "Anthem of the Doomed Youth" question.

That probably keeps people from cheating by creating 2 accounts and learning all the right answer with their first account and answering all the questions right in 10 seconds with their second account... not that I was thinking of doing that.
supporter
Argh. I suck. I've never read nor seen Twelfth Night. Give me Hamlet or Macbeth. Or even The Taming of the Shrew.
Posted by Steve Sullivan (+1334) 11 years ago
Well cuz, because of your little link to the trivia site my wife now thinks I'm insane and there are about 10 hours of my life I'll never get back. I'm a lot smarter sure, but my butt is sore from sitting and playing trivia. On the plus side I'm learning a lot of stuff to talk about in the peloton.
supporter
7 out of 10 today...on literature, not too shabby, as I have been out of school for a longggggggggggggggggggg time....
supporter
Here's the champs for May Good luck in June. There's some good trivia folks around here. I was one of the best players in the old game and here I can't even break the top 10.

1. benjamaniac (165 points, 4 wins)
2. ingride (144 points, 0 wins)
3. Bridgier (115 points, 0 wins)
4. AdmiralBuckets (104 points, 1 wins)
5. Bill_N (104 points, 0 wins)
6. mrsdoodlepunk (103 points, 0 wins)
7. Frank_Hardy (100 points, 0 wins)
8. GunnarE (99 points, 0 wins)
9. mtzook (82 points, 0 wins)
10. namma (78 points, 0 wins)
supporter
Bill N wrote:
They must have a pool of questions to use each day. I didn't get a Harry Potter question or an "Anthem of the Doomed Youth" question.

That probably keeps people from cheating by creating 2 accounts and learning all the right answer with their first account and answering all the questions right in 10 seconds with their second account... not that I was thinking of doing that.

You are correct on both points. I can set it so everyone gets the same questions but in the old game I played after a while it got so the same people getting 10 correct in 20 seconds every day. I don't know why you would cheat on a game that has no prize but people did it. I figure there's some luck involved even if everyone has the same questions because when it comes to trivia what you know or don't know isn't the same for everyone so a question that is easy for one person might not be easy for another.
supporter
Today's geography quiz is hard!
Posted by sdrew (+226) 11 years ago
OK, this is why God made maps & globes...so I don't hafta know this stuff...
supporter
on the geography quiz, I did a 7 out of 10, which was total luck on my part LOL...
supporter
Todays History quiz was fun and I did well...10 for 10... Probably cause I love history...
supporter
Todays was fun I thought and I did quite well for a change LOL...
supporter
Damn the jackson 5...
supporter
hahaha....one of my questions was the meaning of name "Amorette"...and I guessed it correctly! Good thing one of the choices wasn't "C. snippy historian"
supporter
Damn you, Gunnar. One less second and I'd have tied your score today!
Posted by Leif Hope (+92) 11 years ago
Levi...thanks for putting up the trivia game. It's fun, and a lot more challenging than I expected. I'll have to go buy a size or two smaller hat now.

Thanks!
founder
supporter
This is twice that I have been embarrassed in my own major. Seven right in the literature category.

It is still fun.
supporter
Gack! Today's was hard. I need to read more.
supporter
Levi, the trivia site is the first site I visit every day. Thanks, I love it, even though I stink!

I just need to drink more coffee before I pull the trigger.
supporter
Great one today...10/10...needed that to bring up my score LOL...
founder
supporter
Crap!
supporter
Posted by JCF (+390) 11 years ago
bump
founder
supporter
I always think it's fun when I get them all correct. You guys read faster than I do.
supporter
I think they have better browsers than we do, Tucker. My computer is stuck on IE 7 for a number of reasons. Seems like it takes several seconds just for the darn thing to load.
supporter
bump
I am amazed and astounded at the times for you people!
:barf I am ashamed and dismayed at my times...what gives?
supporter
Perhaps we older folk don't have to think as long about the answers?
I am an "older folk" I guess I am just old and slow
supporter
I am not the fastest person here but a lot of times you don't have to read the whole question. Just scan it and if you know the answer, go with it.

If you keep playing you will get faster. I used to be terribly slow and now I'm just moderately slow
supporter
Also if you know it's one of two answers, just pick one and move on. You have a 50/50 chance of getting it right and if you sit there pondering it for 30 seconds it's going to hurt you worse than a wrong answer anyway.
supporter
The one danger to scanning, guessing and moving on is there are several questions that I missed due to not reading the question in the first place. I know I have missed 3-4 questions because I didn't RTFQ! I will accept my slightly slower times in trade for slightly higher correct answers.
supporter
I should have taken my own advice. Didn't read the question about fancy dinners and got a very simple one wrong. PO'ed.
supporter
Guess I'm too young to know about the Hit Parade.
supporter
I was too young to know about the hit parade, too. But I have read the great Montana novel, "Stay Away Joe", that was set in the 1950s, to know the answer.

What annoyed me about today's quiz, is that I knew all the answers...but got one wrong in a hurry to get a fast time....I clicked on the wrong choice and didn't realize it, because I was off to the next question.
supporter
I rule!!
Posted by Jon Bonine (+168) 11 years ago
4. I just came up with the perfect "General Quiz". I had movie info, author info, President info, math info, television info, space info and animal info. That Fun Trivia Editor told me it was too easy, to make the quiz harder. What should I do?

Your Answer: Thank the Editor and work on the quiz

What kind of question is this??? Luckily, I guessed correctly.
supporter
Gunnar & Bill N - you guys want me to take a couple of days off to let you get back into the game?
supporter
June is nearly over. Take a gander at the available categories and let me know if there is a category that you would like to try in July or one you don't like. I will take all feedback under consideration but reserve the right to choose the categories as I see fit.

supporter
No sports please.
Posted by Mindy B (+78) 11 years ago
I'm with Wendy on this one, no sports. Religion might be interesting with this group.
Posted by Staci Peterson (+70) 11 years ago
People or music!
supporter
I would say, keep all the current categories except maybe "Hobbies"...and replace Hobbies *maybe* with something else.

What I dislike about Hobbies are the Dungeons and Dragons questions....is playing some stupid game really considered a hobby? I can accept not knowing a question about quilting, because that is a hobby, but questions about games are just silly.

I would be okay with music....but no to "People", "Celebrities", and "Movies".....besides, these questions are definitely from the United Kingdom, and I would do poorly in the Lady Di category.

Now, if I could just catch Bill N for second place!
I think that the categories we have now are pretty good. Switching it up for varieties sake would be cool though. I think that World Trivia would be pretty interesting. The pop culture categories look fun. The general Sports categories would be fun but please, no baseball.

Now that I think about it, it might be fun to have a month of pop culture and sports trivia, and see how the leaderboard is affected compared to last month's Lit/Science/History/Geography focused categories.
supporter
Given the Anglophile slant of the history/geography categories, I would expect a lot of futbol/cricket questions to come from the sports categories.

Which I would rock at, so I'd be happy to switch hobbies for sports. (Or spourts. I'm not sure how the spell it in the UK).

I would have to agree with Gunnar on the mistake of placing D&D and Magic: The Gathering questions in the hobby category - anyone who knows anything about either subject would realize that these should be in the lifestyle category instead.
supporter
I agree with Gunnar about the hobby issue. I wouldn't mind eliminating geography also. It seems to focus on Australia a lot. Today's quiz was bizarre. Movies and people might be interesting.
supporter
I wouldn't mind eliminating geography also. It seems to focus on Australia a lot.

I think the geography quiz focuses on the former British Empire, in general.

And even though I only got 4 answers correct today on the Geography quiz, I still think it should stay. Geography's a real subject.
supporter
Here's our current lineup.

Our Category Schedule:
Sunday: Science & Technology 2 : Intermediate
Monday: General Knowledge 4 : Harder
Tuesday: Geography 2 : Intermediate
Wednesday: History 2 : Intermediate
Thursday: General Knowledge 4 : Harder
Friday: Literature 2 : More Difficult
Saturday: Hobbies

I am with the people that want to do away with hobbies. MtG and D&D are not things that a large segment of society is familiar with or wants to become familiar with and they show up way too much in the Hobby category. I'm not a super big fan of Geography either but it is something that I wish I knew more about so maybe it's a self improvement category. We'll keep it around for one more month anyhow. Unless someone comes up with a serious argument, I'm thinking we'll swap "Movies 2: Intermediate" for Hobbies. I kind of like the idea of having Saturday be kind of a rotating slot where we have some kind of lighter topic (Music, Celebrities, People, Sports) etc. I might bump Thursday up to General Knowledge 5 as well just to see if it's really harder since we seem to get lots of 10's on General Knowledge days.
Sounds great, Levi. Thanks!
supporter
Ditto!
supporter
Congratulations to Bridgier on a commanding win in June:

Jun 10

88 players played during the month.

1. Bridgier (624 points, 5 wins)
2. Bill_N (535 points, 0 wins)
3. GunnarE (512 points, 3 wins)
4. ingride (468 points, 2 wins)
5. benjamaniac (432 points, 2 wins)
6. Frank_Hardy (431 points, 0 wins)
7. LeviF (391 points, 2 wins)
8. snorkie (358 points, 4 wins)
9. leifhope (346 points, 0 wins)
10. namma (344 points, 0 wins)

Good luck in July everybody.
Congratulations Bridgier.

On June 14th, I was averaging 22 points a day and I thought I'd win hands down. About a week later I was just hoping to hold on to second place.

Bridgier's performance was so good in the second half of this month, I think he should be tested for PED's. Levi, as the commissioner, I think you should get on that.
supporter
I will contact the USADA but I think they may be too busy talking to Floyd Landis.
Posted by Connie Delaware (+10) 11 years ago
Well, Duh!!
I've heard that if you don't use it, you lose it.
I think mine's been gone so long, I forgot where I left it!
Happy Weekend.
supporter
OK, Levi, since this is your baby you get to take ownership of it. I have a gripe. I don't think that whale fat is a key ingredient in lipstick.

That is all. Thank you.
supporter
You obviously haven't been buying your lipstick from Japan then .
supporter
Bridgier was once again victorious in July. Slimmer margin than in June and I am surprised how different the rest of the list looks compared to last month.

Jul 10

57 players played during the month.

1. Bridgier (621 points, 8 wins)
2. ingride (576 points, 2 wins)
3. mrsdoodlepunk (414 points, 1 wins)
4. Travis (410 points, 3 wins)
5. benjamaniac (406 points, 3 wins)
6. Bjork (396 points, 1 wins)
7. GunnarE (396 points, 1 wins)
8. leifhope (390 points, 1 wins)
9. phile71 (369 points, 0 wins)
10. havrezooks (364 points, 1 wins)
supporter
Levi, I think you should have pointed out that while I'm only number three in total points for the month I also played the least number of games of those in the top ten. I'm tooting my own horn here. But even given that, Bridgier and Ingride still blew us all away.

We are not worthy.

p.s. Love the game, Levi!
supporter
So I didn't change things for August, but I think it's definitely time to mix things up a bit starting in September.

Our Category Schedule:
Sunday: Science & Technology 2 : Intermediate
Monday: General Knowledge 4 : Harder
Thursday: General Knowledge 5 : Difficult
Friday: Literature 2 : More Difficult
Saturday: Movies 2 : Intermediate

Thoughts?
supporter
Yes, replace Movies with Music. I hate Movies....probably because I don't watch them (at least not the ones in this quiz).

The World category wouldn't be bad to try, either...only don't pick any of the British Empire selections. I would replace Literature with that.....Literature is more than Shakespeare (which I think belongs in drama, anyway).
supporter
How about adding Animals? That sounds interesting.
Posted by sdrew (+226) 11 years ago
Yes! Animals! NO movies! I HATE that category! (Unlesss they're all Clint Eastwood questions)!
supporter
I don't mind the movies but I think Literature should be of a lesser degree of difficulty. No more Shakespeare!!!!

A music category would be good but start off easy.
supporter
I'm sick of Shakespeare too. Pretty sick of Geography as well. Probably going to up the difficulty on Monday and Tuesday. I don't like those 30 second 10's

[This message has been edited by Levi Forman (8/28/2010)]
supporter
Don't get rid of Geography! That's the only category I can ever win.

Another vote for Animals. In fact, I will start boning up on marsupials right now.....

I bet the Music category has 5 out of 10 questions about Gilbert and Sullivan....

supporter
Barring any major riots in the next 12 hours, here's the September categories:

Our Category Schedule:
Sunday: Science & Technology 3 : Difficult
Monday: General Knowledge 5 : Difficult
Friday: Animals
Saturday: Music 2 : Intermediate

Geography survives another month just for Gunnar, even though I got 5/10 on it today .
supporter
Geography blows. If it was actually based on something like say, oh, a map, it would be valid. But forgive me for not knowing my Australian soap opera stars. There were maybe 3 questions today that I felt were valid for the test pool. Also, I wish that everybody took the same test. I think that would validate some standings, but I do see the point of it enabling cheaters.
supporter
Okay, after today's quiz, I am ready to give up on Geography.

I'm sorry, but "Who hasn't been a prime minister of New Zealand?" is not a geography question.
supporter
Wah, wah, wah
Geography...kiss my globe
supporter
Hey, Leif. Is there a way to send comments to the makers of this game? They need to know the difference between government and geography and that there is a world outside of Great Britain and its former colonies.

On the other hand, you are doing a bang-up job. This quiz is the best thing that's ever come out of milescity.com.
supporter
I believe Levi is the one to ask.
supporter
Oops, sorry Levi. Remove Leif and insert Levi in my post above. (Although I'm sure leifhope is doing a bang-up job somewhere.)
supporter
First off, Bridgier continues his undefeated streak for a 4th month, but by the slimmest margin ever by beating Ingride by a single point.

Aug 10

57 players played during the month.

1. Bridgier (575 points, 6 wins)
2. ingride (574 points, 3 wins)
3. mrsdoodlepunk (542 points, 0 wins)
4. leifhope (454 points, 0 wins)
5. Bjork (431 points, 5 wins)
6. GunnarE (421 points, 2 wins)
7. benjamaniac (401 points, 3 wins)
8. SsquaredDesign (360 points, 2 wins)
9. Travis (349 points, 1 wins)
10. bigdave (339 points, 1 wins)

Secondly, if Gunnar won't defend Geography then it's gone . Tuesday's quiz will now be World Trivia 2.

Our Category Schedule:
Sunday: Science & Technology 3 : Difficult
Monday: General Knowledge 5 : Difficult
Tuesday: World Trivia 2 : More Difficult
Friday: Animals
Saturday: Music 2 : Intermediate

Thanks everybody for playing.

Wendy -

There is a "contact us" link and also a "feedback" section in the discussion forum. You can also click "submit correction" on individual questions. All the questions are user submitted, although there is an editing team, but with tens of thousands of questions I'm sure it's hard to keep them all organized and I'm sure that there are a lot of questions that don't fit particular categories very well but you still need enough questions to make a good pool. You could also submit some well-categorized questions of your own .
supporter
Basically, if you want to beat ingride, you've got to play every single day, and you can't have any brain farts or second guess yourself - because even if she doesn't win every day, she's almost always in the top five.

If you go to the beerfest and drink yourself into such a stupor that you forget to play one day, or change correct answers to wrong ones three days in a row, then your only other option is to be lucky.
supporter
Posted by Ingird Emilsson (+219) 11 years ago
To paraphrase Maxwell Smart, "Missed it by that much"
supporter
I was very sad to see today, that Leif Hope's family has been cheating on the trivia quiz. I would urge Levi, as the moderator, to ban the entire family, as I find it to be as despicable as tagging the Kinsey rest area toilet.

Thank you in advance for consideration to my proposal. And to Leif, no offense intended to you........some of us here are democrats, and do not like to cheat like republicans. I assume your wife and child are republicans....hmmm?
supporter
CHEATERS!!! LOOTERS!!!
supporter
WTH? This is a bit of a stretch for today's category:

Which of these animals was never Prime Minister of New Zealand?
Yes, they admitted to me they cheated on the quiz yesterday. I believe them when they told me that was the only day they did so. Also, as embarrassed as I am for the behavior of my mother-in-law and wife, I am embarrassed for those that feel they need to name call.

I played the quiz, as I have every morning since it started, this morning. Upon reading the posts here, please be assured I will no longer play.

It was fun. Some people in my family take competition way too seriously.

I will apologize, again.
supporter
Like I said before, I don't care if you want to play, just keep it honest! I honestly laughed and am surprised that it took this long for somebody to get "creative."

I think we all take this a little too seriously, but give us idiots a chance!

I hope you don't all quit, but ultimately I think that the decision should rest with Levi, since it is his game.
supporter
I don't care if they play. Just don't cheat.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3709) 10 years ago
Bridgier wins again...yawn.

Sep 10

58 players played during the month.

1. Bridgier (566 points, 4 wins)
2. benjamaniac (523 points, 3 wins)
3. snorkie (481 points, 3 wins)
4. ingride (481 points, 1 wins)
5. mrsdoodlepunk (419 points, 1 wins)
6. SsquaredDesign (393 points, 4 wins)
7. GunnarE (366 points, 1 wins)
8. bigdave (363 points, 1 wins)
9. CindyS (360 points, 0 wins)
10. Travis (356 points, 3 wins)
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6174) 10 years ago
I think Bridgier needs to be handicapped.
Posted by Mindy B (+78) 10 years ago
Anyone else hate World Trivia? It is too hodgepodge for me, I never know what kind of weird questions they will post.
supporter
I kind of like that once a week there is a category where knowing all the answers is pretty rare for anyone so it's more about what you know than how fast you can read.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9125) 10 years ago
I didn't realize the grapes were so sour in Utah....
supporter
Neener, neener, neener.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17125) 10 years ago
I'm with Levi. I like the quizzes where the winner only gets 8 right, instead of eight people with 10 right.

Having never seen "South Park" is a serious character defect....
supporter
You'd think otherwise if you had a two year old running around at the time.
supporter
That is no excuse. I only watch the reruns....I missed all of South Park in the 1990s. The few episodes I saw in the 1990s, I thought were stupid....then I saw the way of the jedi.

There is a South Park marathon starting tonight on Comedy Central, that appears to star a certain Leopold Butterstotch.....who happens to be my wife's favorite character (me, I'm a Cartman man). I suggest you tune into some episodes tomorrow....unless the said two year old is only 5 now.
Posted by ndrew64 (+52) 10 years ago
The world category was extremely humbling...it wasn't that I read slow, it was that I kept sitting there saying "Wha-aa-t...?!"

On a side note-Can the Web master or anyone explain how there are two of us snorkies on here? I am snorkie on the trivia, but not on classifieds or forums. Someone else is snorkie there...Now you know a computer related trivia category would be my Waterloo!
supporter
Heck, that's easy...even for a computer illiterate like me.

The trivia quiz is a completely different website than milescity.com.
Posted by ndrew64 (+52) 10 years ago
Thank you
supporter
Anyone else having trouble submitting their quiz? The last two days the "submit my answers" button did not work in Chrome and the only way to finish my quiz was to retake it in Firefox which did not lead to the best times.
supporter
No problems here but I use Internet Explorer.
supporter
After 4 straight months, Bridgier has lost his crown. Congratulations to IngridE, October's champion. Thanks for playing everybody.

Oct 10

61 players played during the month.

1. ingride (577 points, 2 wins)
2. benjamaniac (533 points, 3 wins)
3. snorkie (529 points, 3 wins)
4. Bridgier (480 points, 4 wins)
5. mtzook (420 points, 0 wins)
6. mrsdoodlepunk (400 points, 3 wins)
7. GunnarE (386 points, 2 wins)
8. Lilly1 (384 points, 1 wins)
9. mrsbigdave (360 points, 0 wins)
10. Travis (359 points, 2 wins)
supporter
About time. I was beginning to think that Bridgier is God.
supporter
Posted by M T Zook (+513) 10 years ago
Woohoo! I made the board. I had a few REALLY bad days and missed one. Still happy with the results though. Somehow I feel Bridgier is toying with us though. Smug SOB!
supporter
Posted by julieinmc (+515) 10 years ago
First time I ever played and I got 9 right and, so far, 6th place. I did so much better than I thought I would!
supporter
Well, on the fifth month, God rested...
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1668) 10 years ago
supporter
Anyone notice that the game's timer seems not to recognize our time change?
supporter
The only thing I noticed is that Frank Hardy is a dirty rotten cheater!
Posted by karen ekstrom (+10) 10 years ago
I sure noticed the time thing. I stumbled back to my hotel room in Denver on Monday and got the wifi hooked up by 11:45 so I could play Monday's game (and not fall behind Gunnar) and Tuesday's game was up instead!
supporter
Well, I'd certainly hate to fall behind Gunnar as well.
supporter
I think I'd hate just to walk behind Gunnar, much less fall behind him.
supporter
I forgot to post this earlier but IngridE kept her crown as trivia champ for the 2nd straight month.

Nov 10

56 players played during the month.

1. ingride (563 points, 2 wins)
2. benjamaniac (552 points, 9 wins)
3. Bridgier (545 points, 0 wins)
4. mrsdoodlepunk (440 points, 2 wins)
5. SsquaredDesign (389 points, 1 wins)
6. foofy (379 points, 3 wins)
7. Cooliododah (364 points, 0 wins)
8. Travis (363 points, 0 wins)
9. bigdave (348 points, 0 wins)
10. LeviF (346 points, 0 wins)

Also, I haven't changed the categories for a while, partly because I like them now , but feel free to post here if you think it's time for a change anywhere. For January at least if not sooner.
supporter
Yeah, I kind of pulled a BSU there that last week. Congrats to Ingride.
supporter
I would get rid of ANIMALS.

And, quite frankly, I can't see how anyone can ever score under 40 seconds. Especially in a category that has long, wordy questions that require some thought......like ANIMALS.

I called Leif & his family out on cheating, and he/they left. Some others should take a look in the mirror.

Just my 2 cents. You don't see those kind of scores ever in World Trivia, which requires some thought.
supporter
It's pretty easy to see if more than one account are playing from the same IP, and I check it from time to time, especially when I see a time that looks uncharacteristically fast for the person who got it. If you're suspicious of a score, send me an email or something and I will check IP's. Of course people could use proxies, but anyone that would go to that much effort to cheat on a game that has no prize has to be a sick puppy.
supporter
It has not been my experience that the Animals category has more wordy questions than the others. If anything, World Trivia and History seem to have more wordy questions. In fact, my Animals quiz yesterday had very short simple questions. I think it's luck of the draw.

The only category that I really, really, really, really hate is Music. . . . I never thought I'd ever say that.
Posted by sdrew (+226) 10 years ago
Gunner: I have no knowledge of how to cheat at this game, however, I have extensive knowledge of animals because I am a Certified Veterinary Technician with over 15 years of experience. I do not appreciate your implications. It is a game, after all. I play global trivia twice daily, which also increases knowledge and speed. Be a gracelful non-winner, if you get my drift. If you don't get my drift, maybe YOU should look in the mirror.

[This message has been edited by sdrew (12/4/2010)]
supporter
Don't pay Gunnar no mind, snorkie. If you want to get his goat call him snuggle bunny.
supporter
Posted by Big Dave (+431) 10 years ago
Ahem, Wendy, "Don't pay Gunnar no mind"

That's all I'm going to say.
supporter
Ahem, Dave. Have you never heard of colloquialism?
supporter
Why the hate, snorkie? Where's the love?
I don't appreciate your implication that because a player scores high they cheat. I am not speaking only for myself. Every player has a category he/she is better at playing. If one was going to go to the trouble of figuring out how to cheat, why would they only cheat on one category?

As far as "why all the hate", that was reaction I had to your post wanting to get rid a of a category you get waxed at on a weekly basis and implying people are cheating.

The "love" is with the players who congratulate and support each other in this GAME. Thanks to Wendy & mrsdoodlepunk for that.

Be a good sport, Gunnar. Petulance is such an unattractive trait.
supporter
Sigh. The love is gone.
Not true, snugglebunny...
OK, Gunnar, to be fair, you need to accuse a couple of people of cheating on General Knowlege today.

Maybe Levi should just get rid of that bad old category!
supporter
I'd worry less about who Gunnar thinks is cheating, and more about reading faster if I was you sdrew.
supporter
Hey Levi,

Does this game keep track of your average score in each category? It'd be interesting to see which category I score best in but I'm too lazy to keep track of that myself.
supporter
Nope, although there is a "statistics" category in the admin panel, all it says under it is "Coming Soon!". I've been playing this game for like 5 years now so I'm not holding my breath .