Pioneer Baseball: Regional Champs!!
Posted by Slosh (+703) 11 years ago
Once again, the Miles Community College baseball team are Region IX Champs, having beat a very good Southeast Nebraska team yesterday afternoon in the second championship game.
Now, the Pioneers will be hosting the North Plains District Series (basically the same as the super regionals in NCAA baseball) at Denton Field this weekend.
This is the first time that Denton Field will be hosting this level of ball, and is the highest possible level that Denton Field can host (unless we can get the World Series here).
MCC will be hosting No. 7 Iowa Central and Williston State in the District Series, with the winner of the double-elimination tournament advancing to the NJCAA World Series next weekend.
Come on out and watch some very, very good baseball and lets give the MCC boys a great home-field advantage.
Schedule for the weekend is:
Saturday
11 a.m.- MCC vs. Iowa Central
2 p.m.- Williston State vs. Iowa Central
5 p.m.- MCC vs. Williston State
Sunday
12 p.m.- Championship game
3 p.m.- If necessary championship game.
Posted by Smiley (+849) 11 years ago
Woot, busy at my work this weekend!
supporter
Posted by kent koester (+290) 11 years ago
Congrats to the Pioneers, Coach Bishop and Brabant have a great program going. Good Luck this weekend
supporter
Posted by kent koester (+290) 11 years ago
Just got the word from the Boss man Don Richards KATL will have the games on the internet. So if you can't make it down to beautiful Denton field you can listen to the games on katlradio.com. Mike Mintz and the statman will be on about 10:45 on Sat.
Posted by Coach Brabant (+61) 11 years ago
Kent can u post a link on here so I can put it on our website for our fans/parents?
that's great to hear Kent. and the Beef will be there doing the field work and entertaining as always.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1906) 11 years ago
Apparently, Brabant and Bishop know what the heck they're doing. Pretty amazing considering the weather they have to put up with along with the remote locale compared to a lot of their competition.
Posted by Stacie Miller (+244) 11 years ago
Congratulations Pioneers! Good luck this weekend!
According to the Gazette (who is right about everything), not only did the Pioneers win the NJCAA Region IX title, but they also won the NAIA Region IX title. Wouldn't a paper that covers an NAIA school (Rocky) know that at community college (which has community college in the school name) is not in the NAIA.

But anyway, congrats to the Pioneers on not only winning the NJCAA tournament, but being so good that the NAIA recognized it.

http://billingsgazette.co...03286.html

[This message has been edited by Slosh (5/20/2010)]
don't worry, we got the tarps on the plate and the mound. Denton will be more than ready to go for this weekend.
supporter
Posted by Diona Austill (+183) 11 years ago
Harry Griffith would be so proud to have this tournament at Denton Field - RIP Harry!
Posted by Brian Hubbell (+117) 11 years ago
Nice work Slosh, the grounds crew rocks! Good Luck Pioneers.
mcc and iowa central just started. ill try to keep updating
Posted by sloth (+67) 11 years ago
Haven't been able to listen to the radio today, what has gone on with the games
supporter
Posted by John Morford (+344) 11 years ago
Pioneers win their last game on Saturday 5-2. They play for the championship today at Noon.

Complete results can be seen here: http://billingsgazette.co...002e0.html

[This message has been edited by John Morford (5/23/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1796) 11 years ago
how did they do today?
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4464) 11 years ago
They lost. Not sure what the final was. Thinking 9-3.

I couldn't make the first game today. Was hoping to make it to the second if they won the first, but I caught the end on the radio, only to find out they lost (so no second game needed).

I did get out to their second game yesterday though. What an awesome program for Miles City. We're lucky to have that caliber of ball played here. Win or lose, big time congrats are in order.
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1796) 11 years ago
Sorry to hear they lost, but I'll join others in congratulating Coaches Bishop, Brabant and the team for the awesome program they have built over a relatively short time! They have made the JC World Series before, they just didn't this year...that's okay; still a great program.