Kristopher Lee Kercheval has died
Posted by Cassie (Opp-Kercheval) Walton (+43) 9 years ago
My son Kristopher died yesterday 5-12-10. He was 17 years old. He had a Very RARE lung diease called PVOD... Pulmonary Vaso-Occlusive Diease. No one knew he was sick. He was not sick for very long. Doctors did EVERY thing they could to stablize him so he could recieve a lung transplant, but Kristopher got so sick so fast! He was a beautiful young man. If you know him take a moment today to remember him. He will be VERY MISSED. We will be setting up a foundation for him and this disease to raise awareness. I will keep you posted if you want to help.
Thank you,
Cassie (OPP) Walton
Terre Haute, Indiana
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14183) 9 years ago
I am sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1429) 9 years ago
Us too. Sincerely and truly sorry for your loss. Prayers from us.
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1660) 9 years ago
I did not know him myself, but am sorry for your loss nonetheless. I'll send a prayer.
Posted by Kacey (+3151) 9 years ago
I am so sorry for you and yours. There is nothing worse than a parent losing a child. You're in my prayers.
supporter
Posted by julieinmc (+522) 9 years ago
Dearest Cassie, I am so, so very sorry for your loss. I mostly remember Kristopher as a little guy, and he was such a cutie. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. with love, Julie Mahler
Posted by Kroberts (+27) 9 years ago
Cassie,
I am so very sorry to hear you lost your son! Like Julie, I remember him as a little guy. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Klista
Posted by A.Voice (+67) 9 years ago
I am sorry to hear about your loss, i went to school with Bradley so i knew of his brother. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. All i can say is just try and rememeber the good memories of your son and all that he brought to your life and the lives of others who knew him.
Posted by Kari (+103) 9 years ago
I'm so sorry for your loss. I knew Kris since he was little and Brad and I were good friends. He will be dearly missed. He's a great kid and didn't deserve this neither did your family. Him and I used to sit up for hours on MySpace and talk when he needed someone to talk to. I can't believe this is happening to such a great family. Cassie if you need anything please let me know. Thoughts and prayers to get you through this go out from the Winkley family.
Posted by Leif Hope (+98) 9 years ago
Condolences to you, your family and friends.
Posted by laurie tom (+269) 9 years ago
hey cass i so sorry 2 here he died its so sad when they are that young my heart goes out to u
Posted by Cassie (Opp-Kercheval) Walton (+43) 9 years ago
We have set up a memorial fund for Kristopher if you wish to contribute in leiu of flowers. We need to raise awareness of this awful disease. THE KRISTOPHER KERCHEVAL MEMORIAL FUND
C/O FIRST FINANCIAL BANK
PO BOX 220
CLINTON, IN. 47842

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR KIND WORDS KRISTOPHER WAS A VERY BRIGHT LIGHT AND GOD HAS HIS HANDS FULL WITH HIM AND IF YOU KNOW KRISTOPHER YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.
supporter
Posted by Sandy Kiltie-Losing (+262) 9 years ago
Very sorry for your loss Cassie, you and your family will be in our thoughts.
Sandy and Family
Posted by Levi and Destiny (+172) 9 years ago
Cassie, Our thoughts prayers and strength at this time!!! Love Destiny Hardy Carlson
Posted by Shelly (+12) 9 years ago
Cassie I want you to know how saddened I was to learn that Kristopher had passed away.. I am so sorry.. Please know you are in my thoughts and my prayers.. Kristopher was a little character when he was here, I always enjoyed him.. He will be missed by everyone that knew him, even those that only knew him for a short time..
I am so sorry..
shelly dyba
Posted by LaRae Tangen (+26) 9 years ago
Cassie! OMG...I'm so sorry to hear about Kristopher!!! I loved Kristopher when he was just a little fella in Head Start! He had the best smile and the sweetest attitude! A great kid all around! Words can not express what sadness your heart must feel at this time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I'm so, so, so sorry for your loss.
Posted by Cynthia A. (+189) 9 years ago
I do not know you, but I know how hard it is for a momma to lose her child. I pray God's peace grace and understanding for you...I will continue to pray for you and your family through this. My heart is so very saddened for you!
Posted by Kris Harasymczuk (+11) 9 years ago
Cassie,
Hey I grew up with Bradley and used to be over all the time. I am so sorry about your sons recent passing. It was a big shocker. These last few days I have had so many memories running through my head of kristopher that just made me think how this could have happened to such a great kid. Ive known him since he was 2 or 3 and he was such a good kid. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. You have the Harasymczuk's and Leskovec's support. If you need anything dont be afraid to call. Do stay strong, and keep the memories and everything about him as alive as you can! Once again I am sorry to hear about Kris and hope everything goes ok with you and your family.
Kris Harasymczuk
Posted by Barb H (+28) 9 years ago
Cassie,

So sorry for your loss. We know what it is to loose a son as we lost our son and brother 14 years ago but it never seems to go away, it gets a bit easier as time goses by so all our prayers are with you and your family..

Love

Barb Hirsch
Posted by Shayleigh Cee (+51) 9 years ago
Cassie ~I'm so sorry about Kristopher. Brad told me the knews and it just brakes my heart. I remember coming over all the time with Brad and hanging out with you and Kris. He was always such a sweet kid. Know that your in my thoughts and prayers. Your family is very special to me and I will never forget any of you.

-SC