DO NOT visit the MC Chamber of Commerce website!!
Posted by Mandyrosy (+196) 12 years ago
The chamber's site has been hacked, and visitors may potentially be exposed to a computer virus. Chamber Director John Laney is asking people to avoid visiting the site until Monday, when the chamber will unveil an entirely new website.
Posted by kelly l (+52) 12 years ago
Is there an article in the Star or some other means by which they are communicating this? Hopefully a posting here is not the only thing we will hear about this if it is in fact true!
Posted by country gal (+117) 12 years ago
Here is a safe, locally owned website featuring a Miles City Calendar of Events as well as a business directory and more.

http://milescityshopper.com
Posted by Josh Rath (+2312) 12 years ago
I can say that none of my machines have contracted a virus from the website, mac and PC. All my PCs have no anti-virus, but I did download and scan using Trend Micro after I had visited the website and my computers were clean.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10014) 12 years ago
I visited the site (intentionally after seeing the warning). I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on my devbox, which is running the latest Norton Antivirus, and my servers (one W2003K 32-bit the other W2008K 64-bit) both running the latest Symantec Endpoint. I noticed nothing out of the ordinary. (???)
Apparently it (ERIC BRANDT) is being handled. But you didnt hear it from me.
Posted by J. Dyba (+1345) 12 years ago
I almost forgot how absolutely horrible that site is/was.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11984) 12 years ago
You had to click the HELP button and then you were in a world of hurt. The FBI is now involved, it was that bad.
...There is no help button.
founder
supporter
Posted by Jack McRae (+355) 12 years ago
Every time somebody clicked the HELP button the stock market fell a gazillion points.
founder
supporter
John Laney was the person who told me that clicking the help button caused the problem. If there is no help button, then blame John Laney. I've never actually gone to the site. I figure, I live here. I want to contact the CoC, I do it directly. Problem was, this may cause lost sales for BHS tickets and that is what makes it especially heinous right now.
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2749) 12 years ago
I love the word, "heinous."
supporter
Posted by John Morford (+349) 12 years ago
[This message has been edited by John Morford (5/10/2010)]
Posted by Steve Allison (+976) 12 years ago
I believe they deactivated the help button to protect people and preserve evidence for the F.B.I. when they arrive today,
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4950) 12 years ago
Glad to hear the feds are getting more involved in internet crimes, about time as it seems to be running rampant all over the net...
Posted by Sharlene (+1205) 12 years ago
Is the problem repaired yet? Can we go on there and look now?
founder
supporter
They were supposed to put the entirely new site up Monday of this week.
founder
Posted by James Shaw (+142) 12 years ago
I hope they weren't using an exploitable TikiWiki site. I googled it and noticed there's a few sites that were nailed.