Welcome Pregnancy Outreach Clinic of Miles City!
Posted by kelly l (+58) 11 years ago
Finally there is a place here at home that has readily available information and resources for anyone experiencing an unplanned pregnancy. Anyone who cannot afford immediate medical advice and need support, please go to the following website:
http://www.pregnancyclinicofmc.org/
What the future holds for this clinic in regards to the services that it can provide to the community is dependent on our support.
Posted by Smiley (+849) 11 years ago
I'm sorry, but I don't think only telling girls the cons of abortion is a fair description of "choice." There was a place like this in Southern California, and my sister took her friend sam* (name changed). The girl was at my house an hour later screaming and crying because she didn't want to go jail for murder. They told her that. She did not want to be pregnant, and that is her choice. She went there believing they would help her, but they made the decision harder. I don't agree with what these places do, but since it will happen I hope that they do it respectfully and say the pros and cons of each choice a women has legally in the united states.

[This message has been edited by Smiley (5/5/2010)]
Posted by Tina Bean (+417) 11 years ago
Very nice....Wishing for Dr Rauh though. I think this is a great thing.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4945) 11 years ago
I agree with Smiley...these girls are vulnerable and this is usually the "Christian Right" putting their noses into their business and scarying the bejesus out of them...I certainly hope this center in Miles City isn't a front for those type antics but I won't hold my breath...

[This message has been edited by howdy (5/5/2010)]
Howdy, the one in Miles City is associated with CareNet... At least they have a link on the page to their website for Billings.
supporter
oh ok, hope they give the girls ALL CHOICES.....
Posted by Christen LeBlanc Ramsey (+273) 11 years ago
like others, i hope they give balanced information about all aspects of keeping, adopting out, and terminating pregnancy. in the links section the 'hurting from an abortion' leads me to believe this may not be the case. i also hope they promote birth control options with the teen population of miles city. if this is done properly then abortions would not be asked for. good luck.
Read my other post howdy, I think it's 5 or 6 down.
Smiley:
I am sorry for your friend's experience. However, those involved with this clinic are not judgmental and pushy like that. It is important for young women who find themselves in this situation to be able to get information that they need and free services (such as tests and ultrasounds).
In addition, I'd like to hear how you feel about services (counseling, etc.) that are provided to those who have had an abortion. If you can find me anywhere where post-procedural services are offered by places like planned parenthood, I'd be surprised. Lastly, planned parenthood does not provide equal information on all options. Is the information you have based on what you've heard from a small number of people, or have you done your research?
This is obviously a 'hot-button' topic, and my intention with this post was not to debate pro-life/pro-choice viewpoints. If you feel the need to continue with this debate, please start a new thread. Really, all that should be discussed here are questions or concerns related to THIS clinic, and not others throughout the country.

[This message has been edited by kelly l (5/6/2010)]
Kelly-
I appreciate your kind honest reply, but I do intend to protest this coming to Miles City. I have not listened to the "few people." I have researched this, and plan on continuing. I have been to planned parenthood, and they are very far and unbiased. I will do much research, and I will do as much as I can to make sure your "business" or NPO does everything right. I will do as much as I can to make sure the girls in this town are not subject to bias information about their decisions. Legally, it is still a woman's right to choose.

You don't give ultrasounds for any medical purpose, I'm sure you give them to the girl just so they can see their baby. Then what if that girl is disillusioned into thinking they are getting proper prenatal care? Then what if there is a problem with the baby? What then?

I do not want to just sit back and let this happen. I hope that others won't either.
And I already started a new thread.

[This message has been edited by Smiley (5/6/2010)]
Posted by stephen (+251) 11 years ago
So I have some questions about the clinic, I personally believe that a man should have no say so on what a women does with her body. But since this is a pro life clinic I do believe the public deserves to know the answers

1. In case of an emergency situation with the baby, for example the babies blood not mixing well with the mothers do you provide treatment?

2. Do you have personal contact with an adoption agency?

3. Will you be providing birth control as a preventive measure?

4. Do you provide therapy for mothers who experience a miscarriage?

5. Will you have information about food stamps and wic readily available for the expecting mother?

6. Will Hipaa be respected?

7. Are parenting classes to be taught?

8. Will you make referrals if the girl wants/needs an abortion?

I hope to see good positive answers to these questions so we can all put these thoughts out of our minds.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6039) 11 years ago
Miles City has a coercion clinic now? Movin' on up!
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6166) 11 years ago
That first question is odd. What are you getting at?
The first question is basically asking if they will let both the mother and the baby die to prevent an abortion.
First and foremost 'Smiley', I would like to make clear that I am in no way associated with this clinic. I became aware of them and their website, which clearly states their purpose and intentions. I am hearing alot of negative feelings toward this and would like to hear why so many of you are so quick to jump in and make it sound as if you know everything about those involved and have grounds on which to pass your judgment. Again, if anyone is simply using this as an outlet to voice your opinion on the pro-life/pro-choice debate alone, I ask that you do it somewhere else.
Smiley,
The Purpose of this clinic is not to take the place of prenatal care, and I challenge you to find where this is claimed in any way. Too often those who are find themselves pregnant are scared and not sure if the test was right, etc. By providing accurate testing under a licensed professional and ultrasounds the same way, at very least, those who do not have insurance can be sure, and have the option for help and resources. Much of the time a 'choice' is made because the individual involved has no idea what resources are available (other than the obvious-ie. WIC.

[This message has been edited by stephen (5/6/2010)]
While I believe the initial pregnancy confirmation steps (which the clinic hopes to provide in the future) will be administered, most of the questions would be those for the physician providing prenatal care. For those of you who are unsure about what the vision and goals of this clinic are, please visit their site (link posted in the first post) for clarification.
Posted by Mary B. (+203) 11 years ago
Ultrasounds are not regularly used to decide if you are pregnant. Please. Ive never heard of a doctor's office using an ultrasound to confirm a pregnancy instead of a blood test as regular practice. Are those $8.00 EPTs just not an option?
Kelly, maybe you should just google "pregnancy crisis center." Or look at the website you posted. Look at the websites I have posted in the other post on this issue. You advertised a Pro-Life clinic. If you disagree that it is a pro-life clinic, you are very misinformed which shows the power of these groups. This is not a good thing IMO because of the lies they tell vulnerable girls. I'd hope that you would look at the research. I have more in books and journals that I could resource to you. I'm not telling you or asking you what your stance is (i.e pro-life, pro-choice) but I am saying that what these clinics are attempting is a grassroots campaign for pro-life, and they are doing it very deceptively. If they did it in an honest way, I could agree.

They don't.

Anyone else have complaints? Questions? Contact me, I'll be more happy to take questions, attacks, complaints, and anything. I just finished my finals, and I am available at most times. 406-852-0098.

I will be honest about the information I have acquired, and I would be more than happy to discuss why this clinic should be dissolved sooner rather than later.

Testing for pregnancy can be done at the Custer County Health Clinic, which is free for low income. They also provide contraceptive options, pap smears, STD testing, and a bunch of other services that would do just as well for the girls you speak of, though they probably don't have propaganda.
I have made no claims about anything that I have no information about (which you seem prone to do). I did see anywhere on the site that they associate themselves with one political group/point-of view or another. I am not advertising for them, just thought that since they seem pretty new, and beneficial to MC, more people should know.
I am curious as to how you know so much about a group that is so new, and how you deem yourself such an expert as to be the authority to judge anyone. You have based most of your opinions on other groups and people, those of which have no apparent connection.
If you wish to address the issue of education, please, by all means let me know what qualifications you have to be such an expert.
I have made no claim that I am an expert, but I am well versed in this topic. I know the one coming to Miles City is associated with these other places. I learned this from their website. They receive donations from the Knights of Columbus for their ultrasound machine. I researched using their site, links on their site to CareNet (now known as LaVie, probably due to people not having too good of an opinion of CareNet).

Want to know more? I told you feel free to email me also..
I think most people are well-versed in this topic. May I ask what you have against the Knights of Columbus, and CareNet?
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6166) 11 years ago
stephen,

You need to learn what the difference between a miscarriage and an abortion is. Your question is still weird.
The most accurate form of testing is blood. There can be false positives/negatives with home pregnancy tests usually due to human error. The reason most medical professionals have an early ultrasound done is to make sure that a pregnancy is viable, and to date the gestational age. Please see my above comments on ultrasounds and their impact on the choice that a woman may make regarding her pregnancy. As far as home pregnancy tests go, they are nowhere near as cheap as $8 anymore. Believe it or not, there are those that cannot afford even those.
supporter
Posted by Sandy Kiltie-Losing (+260) 11 years ago
Another community resource that is avaiable for medical care is the Custer County Community Health Center it provides a sliding fee scale for services. The CCCHC, whose website is listed in the Directory section of milescity.com, also provides Family Planning services.
As far as home pregnancy tests go, they are nowhere near as cheap as $8 anymore.

Ok. I must be making up the 3 count EPT tests at Walmart for 14.97 which would be just 4.99 each. Oh and doctors usually will not do the ultrasound until around 5 months to "date gestational age". Early ultrasounds are not usually done unless there are complications because many insurances will not pay for multiple ultrasounds.
Posted by CS Hunt (+330) 11 years ago
Walmart sells generic brand pregnancy tests for around $4. And I've seen them at the Dollar Store for...well, a dollar!

As for the ultrasound, most doctors recommend the first one to be done around 8 weeks or so to check for viability and an accurate gestational age. The one done around 5 months is to check for development, and out of convenience, to find out the sex.
Doctors regularly do ultrasounds shortly after the first appointment to assure viability and determine gestational age. Some older physicians may not, but most that are up to date on current treatment plans will.
Again, how much would you trust a $1 pregnancy test? In addition, most younger women, especially teens, take about 10 and still don't believe them. By obtaining testing by a medical professional (nurse or otherwise) they are less likely to be in denial which just adds to the fear that some experience.
Just a thought though - are people really arguing that it is a bad thing to offer free testing done by a medical professional?
Thanks for telling me how it works here in Miles City. I haven't had my kids here or anything.
PS, this isn't the way any of my kids were handled and I had more than one doctor here in town.They do not regularly do an ultrasound at 8 weeks here.

Just a thought though - are people really arguing that it is a bad thing to offer free testing done by a medical professional?

No, just don't claim the ultrasound is simply to verify a pregnancy as you first said. Be honest about it.It is a pretty expensive way of vernifying a pregnancy when a simple blood test will do. The reason is to make the mom connect with the baby. Just be honest about the intent is all.

[This message has been edited by Mary B. (5/6/2010)]
Posted by Bruce Helland (+587) 11 years ago
If that is all it is, fine. The real,unanswered ,question is this a anti abortion geared clinic or is it a neutral clinic offering services rather than an agenda?
supporter
This is a clinic with an agenda IMO...Steer clear as your county health clinic can provide services and steer you in whatever direction you wish to go, without making you view the fetus which is dirty pool for those women wishing to terminate the pregnancy...
Posted by mercy me (+140) 11 years ago
Bruce I'd like to think it is "B".
Howdy, I think you need to think about what you say before you type it. How do you propose anyone would force an ultrasound on someone. It is simply offered. In addition, like I said before, if seeing a picture makes a pregnancy a reality for someone (when many times it doesn't seem like one) and that changes someone's thoughts about it, don't you think they any regret a decision to terminate in the future and wish they could go back (especially if its their first and they have more children later)? It sounds to me like many of you want to make this group appear to be some extremist group that drags young women through the doors and forces them to have an ultrasound, then yells at them until they see things their way. Honestly, no one is forced to seek out counseling, and I assure you that if anyone is uncomfortable for any reason, they probably wouldn't come back. How is it a bad thing to offer help, or counseling, or the option of having an ultrasound done?
Most who are unsure about wanting to be a parent or even to continue a pregnancy aren't given these services. Don't you agree that it is absolutely essential to have all of the facts before making a decision that you can live with? It makes me sad that so many people are quick to attribute characteristics to a group of people that they don't know and aren't able to get past their short-sightedness to see that women in this position need support from somewhere. Sure County health will give you contraceptives and have alot of pamphlets. I know that there are some caring people that work there. They do not, however have the ability to provide counseling to the extent that it is needed.
Again, I had hoped to stay away from the pro-life/pro-choice debate here, I have no interest in arguing for the sake of argument.
Mary B.-
I reread my posts and don't see where I said that ultrasounds were used as a diagnostic tool. I did say that they state that they hope to provide tests and ultrasounds. Sorry if this sounded to be one in the same, I am in no way trying to mislead anyone. My only goal here was to make known that there is support available for those who desire it.
supporter
What if the pregnancy was the result of a rape or incest Kelly?? Still want to do this to a woman simply trying to forget?? this "jelly on the belly" crap has got to stop...These young ladies decide to have the baby, and are you going to be around to help support it?? You aren't?? What a surprise!! How many times have I heard these anti abortionists bitching about the welfare queens, etc. and yet if a girl has a baby, her minimum wage job would just barely pay a babysitter fulltime...I used to do volunteer work for the Rape Crisis Hotline and you would be shocked to hear how many times girls are raped and the result are they are pregnant!! It happens more often than you may think!!
Wow. I would like to know where you get the idea that anyone is 1)forced to seek out any support or services offered, or 2)required to do anything at all! How is it that you are such an expert on this group based on a couple of googles of places that have no association to them? Did you get online and try to find the worst about everyone then attribute it to them because you want to argue an opinion? I think that you need to take a step back and figure out who it is that you need to direct your anger toward. If you have had some experience with some other place in the past then take it up with them. No one is being forced to do ANYTHING.
Perhaps you should go back and read my last post and realize that THIS IS NOT A BAD THING. I don't see where it is stated anywhere on the website that they are going to force anyone's hand. While their are extremists on both sides of the coin (and I don't agree with either one) it does not appear to me that this NPO is out to judge and guilt anyone into anything. If there are women out their who wish this type of offering it should be their decision to pursue it. Obviously you are pro-choice, but do you think that women should not have the choice to take advantage of this?
supporter
they should have the choice no matter the circumstances...and they shouldn't be "persuaded" to view anything at all...Young vulnerable women are easy to manipulate IMO...I have seen several reports about these "jelly on the belly" clinics all over the country...I am sure you think you are serving a worthy cause, but at a time when these young women are most vulnerable isn't the time to "push" your opinions...If you say you don't than fine, I hope you are telling the truth...I had a dear friend whose daughter was "persuaded" to keep her baby and after a year, she took the baby to an agency and went home and committed suicide (she was in a different city than her folks)...She was 17 yrs old...She simply wasn't ready for that kind of pressure and felt guilty after visiting one of those clinics...
Kelly. You are very vague in your responses, and you dodge potential bullet questions.

I'm going to do everything I can to make sure this is stopped before it starts. I don't know who wants to join me, but this pervasive infection needs to end.

You don't know anything about me Kelly, and I know little about you. Everyone against this place has pointed out why they are bad, and why this one will be bad. This leads me to believe you are very closed-minded and you don't have a very firm ground to stand on.

I assure you that CC health will help any girl in need, and there are other places such as CNADA. We don't need this place here, and I'm sure many don't want it.

Screen Shots from my computer. I highlighted the important parts so you can SEE the association.

Kelly, not sure if you can understand this article, but check it out.
http://www.rapidnet.com/~...y/preg.htm
Posted by Mandyrosy (+191) 11 years ago
The Pregnancy Outreach Clinic of Miles City certainly has a pro-life slant. Equipment is being paid for by the Knights of Columbus (a Catholic organization) and fund-raisers have been held at the Catholic church. The speaker they plan to host at a September banquet is a recognized pro-life speaker.
View their website for yourself - [url]http://www.pregnancyclinicofmc.org/index.html[ /url]

That is not necessarily a criticism, but it is a fact.

Local people who want sexual health and pregnancy counseling, birth control and educational resources without any slant should visit the Custer County Health Department/Family Planning. Staff members offer a variety of educational materials as well as counseling, physical examinations, STD testing, birth control and maternal health. Services are offered on a sliding-fee scale based on clients' income.
[url]http://www.custercountyhealth.com/[ /url]
I would like to know what it is that is so offensive about those who may be contributing to be pro-life. Also, how is it that so many of you are clairvoyant and just "know" what those who are involved are like, or their agendas. I wish that some of you would see that not all information is given equally, even by state funded places like county health (for the record, I think that they are an asset to the community, and have nothing against their services or employees). There is no way that enough money is given to them to be able to be of service in this area to the extent that is needed. The fact is, and I'd appreciate it if some of you stuck to those instead of your own ill-conceived judgments, that for anyone making any choice, it is their responsibility to obtain all of the information that they can and to weigh it all before acting. Information pertaining to choosing life (not the same as choosing to raise the child) is not as available as that regarding abortion.
Aside from this issue alone, the attitude today amongst those who find themselves stuck in a situation they don't think they can handle is to pretend it doesn't exist, make it disappear and assume that it is possible to go about life as usual and pretend nothing ever happened. How's that for accountability (again, this being applied to many things, not just pregnancy)?
Decisions of this caliber (continuing a pregnancy, finishing school, leaving a abusive environment, etc.) are usually made because the individual has no support mechanism that even allows them to weigh all of the options equally. This method of thinking leads to rash decisions, and is actually unfair to the person being required to act.
No one's hand is being forced in any way (I'll say that again as its obviously not sinking in). Having a place like this available gives people another choice and another avenue for information. How can you possibly think that giving more options and more opportunity is taking away choice? I guarantee you, that anyone today, will take whatever information they are given and look it up online. It is not as if they will take anyone's view as gospel. If someone is considering abortion, they most likely will research it online first, then contact a place like planned parenthood second. If they are then consulting with a place like the Pregnancy Outreach Clinic, then it is because they don't feel they have gotten enough information to convince them to go the route of termination. That in itself should make you see the importance of having support and information about other avenues available to these women (and in some instances the fathers, too - although it is sad that their viewpoint does not carry a little more weight... another sensitive topic). But I digress.
I have concluded from many of these posts that people believe providing information and a certain point of view then makes one responsible for that person's decision. This is not the case in any aspect of life. If this were the case, then those who have had abortions can hold places like planned parenthood responsible if they then have any regrets. All in all, it can only be seen as beneficial to be provided with all the information possible, and the opportunity to have an ultrasound if one wishes, when the only other way to do that is expensive, and sometimes not allowed by insurance, therefore not allowed by a physician (unless there is immediate medical need). It is the responsibility of the person who is pregnant to make the ultimate decision and to weigh all of the facts. Giving them an avenue by which to obtain them, and the option of having emotional support if that is what the desire can in no way be seen as wrong.
As long as facts are presented, then an actual discussion can take place here. But, when people start a witch hunt by attributing things to people places that are not known to be true (coercion, extremist behavior, etc.) all you will end up with is an uneducated argument that is a waste of everyone's time.
Smiley-
Send me a list of your questions, and I will answer them. All I have read from you so far are unsupported claims (in relation to THIS group, not a few scattered one that you found by the very reliable research tool of "goggling") and unfounded accusations of a place and its supporters, both of which you do not know to be true (unless you are clairvoyant?).
Please- my goal, and the reason I keep indulging many of these fabricated accusations, is to make sure that a service with the opportunity to do some good in MC is not the victim of a witch hunt. Even though, and I will say this again, I bear no responsibility to this clinic. I do however feel responsible as I began this thread. Therefore, by all means, ask what it is you wish me to answer if I have not done so. I feel that I have addressed your claims quite clearly, although I have not heard if you found anything against the speaker we were discussing. I visited the site you posted and read through the entire article, which you conveniently misrepresented. In addition, I also addressed other articles on that same site as reference.
Kelly. I believe my husband asked you some questions, which you vaguely covered. You keep posting, and still you are stagnant in your replies. Its the same s**t worded differently.

You are absolutely right if you think I am here to argue. You are trying to discredit information because it was found using a search engine. The search engine I use is scholar.google.com. It lets me find articles about a certain topic. I use this when I want to find credible resources. If you want me to track down people who have been through these centers, I'll do it. I will make sure you get personal phone calls and emails from girls who have been HORRIFIED by these quack "counseling and option" centers. If you want that, I'll give in.

You keep asking if we can see the future. YEA, we can make reasonable assumptions about a place given evidence from the past. Would you let a felon straight out of jail for murder and rape into your home with your children? What if he said he wasn't like all the other criminals and it was unfair that you judged him? NO, I don't think you would unless you had a crazy death wish. Seeing this clinic associated with other clinics and intending to do what the clinics associated with it do, I'd have to say that they will be just like the rest. If they aren't, they should drop associations with CareNet, which was started by Billy Graham. (if you do your research like the rest of us.)

And I have a lot against Billy Graham, he stole my story....

AND PLEASE STOP ASSUMING I HAVE SOMETHING AGAINST K.O.C, CATHOLIC CHURCH, PRO-LIFE POSITION PEOPLE. YOU SAID THEY HAVE SHOWN NO AFFILIATION TO ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER, BUT THEY HAVE. I HAVE GIVEN YOU EVIDENCE WHICH YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO IGNORE. I WAS POINTING OUT THE ASSOCIATION, AND YOU THINK I HAVE SOMETHING AGAINST THEM.

(Sorry for caps, I'm beginning to think she has selective vision.)

[This message has been edited by Smiley (5/7/2010)]
(in relation to THIS group, not a few scattered one that you found by the very reliable research tool of "goggling"

I love when people try to act smart, and then mess it all up with simple grammar and spelling errors.
Posted by Tracy Lynn (+29) 11 years ago
I so miss the good old days...
We used to just hop in the car and cruise over to South Dakota and get an abortion and cruise back home and keep our mouths shut. Well, maybe not "we", but some of our friends. Our mouths are still shut.
Posted by john w caylor (+78) 11 years ago
Stephen
Go back to post #11, question #6
Hippa is not spelled Hipaa
According to your post you must really be in love with yourself.
Might i suggest you look-up Sanctimonious
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9198) 11 years ago
We used to just hop in the car and cruise over to South Dakota and get an abortion and cruise back home and keep our mouths shut

And yet, everyone still seemed to know about it by 3rd period P.E. But you make one joke about it, and everyone acts like you killed someone....
Stephen
Go back to post #11, question #6
Hippa is not spelled Hipaa

The Office for Civil Rights enforces the HIPAA Privacy Rule, which protects the privacy of individually identifiable health information; the HIPAA Security Rule, which sets national standards for the security of electronic protected health information; and the confidentiality provisions of the Patient Safety Rule, which protect identifiable information being used to analyze patient safety events and improve patient safety.

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/

[This message has been edited by stephen (5/7/2010)]
Posted by CS Hunt (+330) 11 years ago
^ ouch!
My Bad But do you think that sometime or somewhere in your life that you never misspelled or used insufficient grammar. You started this post out with some very good questions. But that last post IMO did nothing for your argument but damage its credibility. Once again my bad that's what happens when a person jumps the gun and lets their emotions override.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11786) 11 years ago
Interesting thing about ultrasounds, aside from cost and that whole unnecessary medical procedures issue, is you can make the object on the screen look much bigger than the object itself. So, if you see a picture of a six week old embryo, it is as big as the screen. There was a famous anti-abortion video that circulated many years ago of a 'baby being ripped apart." It was magnified many times. The actual fetus was the size of a peanut or less.

But, if you make it look big, does that change the way a woman feels about it? If you show it at actual size, will that lessen the impact?

I've always wondered about that but the only thing I ever ultrasounded (I don't think that is really a word) was my gallbladder and they didn't show me the pictures at all.

Any "pregnancy crisis center" should be upfront. They also shouldn't tell bald-faced lies, as they are rumored to do. Say, this if for women who want alternatives to abortion and be honest. What is so hard about that?
but do you think that sometime or somewhere in your life that you never misspelled or used insufficient grammar

As a matter of fact I am infamous for it, and that is the very reason I found it amusing.
Cool I guess now i Realize that your not one of the infamous M.C.com grammar gods or goddeses. My Apologies.
supporter
No he isn't, but make that goddesses...If you complain erroneously about other spelling, you bring it on yourself...Perhaps practice what you preach...
supporter
Posted by Dustin Lynam (+178) 11 years ago
My name is Rebecca Lynam (using my husbands acct) and I am the mother of a 13 year old girl, I am 29 years old.. do the math. I was a teen mom. I was 15 when I found out I was pregnant and was wayy to scared to tell my mom for the first few months. I went to the county health nurse and paid 5 dollars to get another pregnancy test after I took the at home one, just to make sure the home test was right... After the test was given to me at the clinic I waited for the result , then was taken into a room with one of the r.n.'s who let me know the test was positive and was informed that I had "options" and asked if I had thought about keeping the pregnancy, and if I had considered abortion. I informed her that abortion wasn't an option for me and then she gave me pamphlets about pregnancy and I think one on adoption and she wrote me a note confirmfing pregnancy to take to the WIC office and that was that. (oh, she also informed me that she would have to report our visit because I was under the age of 16)

I really dont think that a clinic that offers testing and ultra sound is some horrific thing to be threatened by.. now in my case, I had decided right away that abortion was not an option for me and no one was going to change my mind, but it sounds like they do offer more support than informing me that I have options and give me a few pamphlets and send me on my way. That being said, I do think birth control should be offered. When my mom heard about all my peers getting on b.c. she thought that was awful and felt it encouraged promiscuity, and I wasn't having sex at the time, so I didn't care. but I did end up having sex, and I got pregnant. Now, this wasn't a matter of availabiltiy by a clinic, the county health nurse offered birth control. It should have all started in the home.

I guess what I am trying to say is I DID have a choice, I CHOSE to keep my baby, I didn't have these "scary" people pushing their pro-life agenda down my throat. I cannot speak for others but Abortion is common knowledge and people are going to do what they are gonna do. If a girl or woman is scared and doesn't want to have an abortion and this clinic offers her support, good for them. If a girl or woman is set on having an abortion I dont think anyone will persaude them otherwise. Just remember, keeping the baby is a choice too.