MilesCity.com reunion!
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1610) 11 years ago
It's time to decide where we should have the 1st annual MC.com get together! What fun it will be to meet the people behind the comments. I'm sure there will be some great surprises. I took a moment and tried to plan out some possible events:

Debate: Teams- Con- Richard Bonine, Rick Kuchynka, Kyle Varnell. Lib- Brian Reed, Bob L., Bob Netherton, Bridgier.

The Pile-on: One newby walks in and makes an innocent comment. Everybody who has posted more than 100X proceeds to jump up and down on them until they leave or cry.

The Pool: Diggers- everybody except one. That person volunteers to keep Amorette Allison busy during the dig.

The picture post event: Contestants must log into MC.com and post a photo that works using url tags. Try to do it without looking at the instructions clearly printed at the bottom of the box or by using any one off the 847 other step-by-step posted instructions throughout the site.

Be-a-Brandt: Contestants start arguments and end them all by accusing the other combatant of using a metal bat. Contest ends when Brandt imitator sneaks off in the middle of the event without paying for their dinner.

The No-Brian: The challenge is to state some claim that either is so ridiculous or utterly boring that Brian A. Reed does not respond to it. (This event has a 12 hour time limit and ends without a winner after that time.)

The Josh: The challenge is to start out helping someone and then just when that person begins to think you're a friend- smack them across the cheek! Then post the pic on UStream for all to view.

The Shipley: Try to see how many pieces of cheese you can pile on your cracker.

The Kacey: Everyone agrees that everytime anyone says anything to Kacey they MUST include a reference to Sarah Palin. There's no winner here, it's just for laughs.

Any others?? What should we serve for dinner?? Will you come??

FH
Posted by Josh Rath (+2307) 11 years ago
For some strange reason, I have the "will go over 100 posts" thought in my mind...

Edit: I'd love to meet alot of people on this forum to see if they really are as verbal in person.

[This message has been edited by Josh Rath (5/3/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1906) 11 years ago
No golf scramble?
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14965) 11 years ago
Will Emilsson micro-brewery be there?

I'd love to meet alot of people on this forum to see if they really are as verbal in person.

I'd probably just sit around and smile alot.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr (5/3/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1672) 11 years ago
Frank,

You really need to include some kind of event for Wendy. Perhaps a race to see who can get Wendy to cry "uncle" first, through such torturous means as dangling participles and improper use of the apostrophe.
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1672) 11 years ago
Will Emilsson micro-brewery be their?

Oops. I see Richard got a head start on Wendy's torment.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14965) 11 years ago
Yeah, yeah, I was busy fixing it while you were dangling participles.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr (5/3/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5096) 11 years ago
I would surmise an event for Wendy would somehow involve teabags?
Posted by MarthaRae (+10) 11 years ago
Or a colonoscopy. I'm given to understand that she's a big fan.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6043) 11 years ago
Frank - yours is the greatest post I have ever read. At least since Mike's family drama thread. Kudos, sir. Kudos.
Posted by trey (+46) 11 years ago
i hope it's at least 100 degrees and you pitch the tent on an ant hill or it's rains sooo much it floods you jokes out
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6043) 11 years ago
Do your parents know you're out of bed and on the computer, trey (lowercase)?

[This message has been edited by Brian A. Reed (5/4/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1439) 11 years ago
If these events were tied to a drinking game it would be a monumental reunion!

Count me in on the "Contribute to meaningless threads with a request for pie" event.
supporter
Posted by spacekace (+897) 11 years ago
If there is drinking games involved that's going to exclude quite a few players!
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6166) 11 years ago
I probably wouldn't attend unless Gunnar brought his beer. And if he did I'd just hang out with Richard and smile a lot.

However, if you post some signs around town I'll be sure to bring my White-Out and Sharpie.

Here's a possible dinner menu:

Bacon
More Bacon
And then there's Bacon

Wine list:
Gunnar's beer
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3747) 11 years ago
So long as this is on the menu:

I'm there!
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6166) 11 years ago
Oh, and if I see any tea bags I'll take my bacon and go home.

[This message has been edited by Wendy Wilson (5/4/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Bill Freese (+481) 11 years ago
I'm pretty sure that is not on my diet, Kyle, but count me in for a slice anyway. Yummm.
supporter
Posted by T Brown (+479) 11 years ago
OMG....is that Bacon wrapped in bacon? I am so there if this is on the menu!!!
Posted by Tracy Walters (+304) 11 years ago
I know it's off the thread a bit...but is that pork sausage, and is the bacon cooked any prior to wrapping it?

How many pounds of sausage, and how long do you cook it?

I wanna make some.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17462) 11 years ago
All you need to know about the bacon weave is here, Tracy:

http://www.bbqaddicts.com...explosion/
Posted by Christen LeBlanc Ramsey (+273) 11 years ago
gunnar, many thanks for the link. i think i shall attempt to create one myself. my husband is making fun of the idea, but joke is on him when he eats it and 1. falls in love with it or 2. has an instant heart attack.
Posted by Peggy (+29) 11 years ago

Chicken Fried Bacon as seen on The Travel Channel. Talk about a heart attack on a plate. We have tried this a couple times, and it is very good!!!

http://theeatenpath.com/2...-snook-tx/

[This message has been edited by Peggy (5/23/2010)]
Posted by Roxanna Brush (+126) 11 years ago
And someone actually left without paying for dinner?
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9958) 11 years ago
Where?

I suggest the ever delightful King Ko Inn in beautiful downtown King Salmon, AK.
http://www.kingko.com/

If it's scheduled for after July 1, I'll provide the salmon for an all you can eat bbq (or two or three).
Posted by Tracy Walters (+304) 11 years ago
Thanks for the link, Gunnar...I'm going to try it!