New Building going up by Southgate
supporter
Posted by C.Kee (+371) 12 years ago
I live at Southgate Meadows and can't help but notice the large building (truck center) being built. With only one road out of here, I am concerned with future truck traffic. Does anyone know if plans are being made for another road at Southgate?
Posted by Jenny3 (+187) 12 years ago
I live in Southgate also, and do not like the idea of the "dirt road" that we have. Accident waiting to happen with all the dirt and trucks out their.
Posted by Josh Rath (+2312) 12 years ago
Thanks to the stupid people who put the "South Gate <--" sign up there, way ahead of the actual turn so people believe they need to go over the curb, need a IQ check. And I would assume if there is going to be a truck center of sorts, they would need to have the road widened or an alternate exit route from South Gate.
Posted by Bruce Helland (+593) 12 years ago
Talk to the highway department
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11978) 12 years ago
Southgate is an example of "Good Old Boy" development back in the '70's. The problems they created then are still haunting Southgate residents today.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6115) 12 years ago
Wouldn't the people who see the sign and immediately run into the curb be the ones who need the IQ check, Josh (Rath)?

I know you've only been driving for a year or two, but it's not that difficult.
Posted by SS66 (+441) 12 years ago
Ahahha. Nice one Brian
supporter
I have lived at Southgate for 17 years. I don't see any haunting problems. The water run off was taken care off. The only probem I see is the one way in and out and now with Rolling Rubber putting the tire and truck shop in, I can't imagine the traffic. I understand the development originally had two roads planned,(don't know what happened to that) there was a park planned that didn't happen but I wouldn't call any of it haunting. I love living here.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by atomicg (+1010) 12 years ago
Is Rolling Rubber moving out there or just expanding? Who's doing all the construction out there?
Posted by TK (+1629) 12 years ago
Diamond J is doing the work and I think it's them opening a truck center.
supporter
Copied from Rolling Rubber Face book page:

Rolling Rubber Tire Factory Announcing our new truck center location that will be opening soon. This store will be located on the Broadus Highway, across the highway from Horizon Implement. We will be doing truck alignments, truck oil changes, and truck DOT certification. We will also be moving our exhaust service business to our new location.... Plans are to be open mid-June for all your semi-truck and exhaust needs.

[This message has been edited by C.Kee (4/30/2010)]
supporter
bump