This week on MC.com
Posted by Smiley (+847) 11 years ago
Well, it's only humpday, but so far we have had some seriously cool people making some serious cool threads. Yes, most of them started with bad grammar and useless rants, but the posts have turned into a beautiful piece of art

AND I learned I can use my ampersand hearts semi colon to make a heart ♥

Pointless, I know. Awesome, Probably not.

What are some of your favorite posts so far this week, even if you just want to quote it
supporter
Posted by K.Duffy (+1807) 11 years ago
Agreed, Smiley! I gotta go with this from the classifieds:

NEVER WORN!!Brand new 2 Caret total weight, diamond engagement ring, 14k white gold,6 princess cut center with 2 rows of round cut and 2 rows of bagettes on each side, paid 4,799.00 for it I still have all receipt. Selling it for 3,000.00 OBO. Can email pictures or come see this beautiful ring for yourself! Thanks for looking. Call Jessie at 406-223-2734 Will trade for good riverboat!
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3712) 11 years ago
♥ ♠ ♣

[This message has been edited by Levi Forman (4/29/2010)]
supporter
Posted by M T Zook (+515) 11 years ago
Tried to make your funny symbols but it didn't work. back to mediocrity.

[This message has been edited by M T Zook (4/29/2010)]
Posted by stephen (+250) 11 years ago
I personally thought the title of the classified ad "Jeep for sale...$11,500 less then the other jeep," was amusing.
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1437) 11 years ago
I like the classified ad posts that end with "If you want details or photos please email or call me at..."

Which are promptly followed by people asking them if they have more details or photos they could post?

There's a certain learning-curve thing that's fun to observe.
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1437) 11 years ago
Oh! I forgot - any post that has someone with multiple accounts pretending to defend themselves under the other identity. Those are great.

Even better when they forget which one they're using or type so uniquely that it's evident it's the same person in both sides of the conversation.
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1670) 11 years ago
Awe, Dan, you busted me. Now I can't post under my alias "Richard Bonine" anymore.

Shucks.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9195) 11 years ago
I've been posting as "smiley" now for months and none of the mc.com rubes has yet to figured it out...
Posted by stephen (+250) 11 years ago
I've been posting as "smiley" now for months and none of the mc.com rubes has yet to figured it out...

Omg! ME TOO!!!!!
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 11 years ago
AND the ever popular, a house is for sale and someone immediately asks if they can rent it or "rent-to-own."

Although I have to admit, I would hate to be looking for housing because Miles City has had a housing shortage, especially of apartments, since 1946.
supporter
Posted by spacekace (+896) 11 years ago
I think my favorite post for the week is the one where Richard explains that the new pool will be eaten by the ground it sits in...
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17328) 11 years ago
I too always go to the Classifieds for the bests posts on milescity.com. As funny as some of the other stuff is, like the Family Ways of Upbringing (Mike Willson just cannot be that stupid), the Classifieds always have some gems.

Like this:

Subject: RE: Wanted to buy Total Gym
Author: MMW Posted: 4/28/2010 4:15:55 PM From: - MT
what do you have and how much are you asking for it.

Subject: Total Gym
Author: MMW Posted: 4/28/2010 4:16:41 PM From: - MT
Bump.

MMW here decides to bump his post....less than a minute after he posted to his thread. Classic.
supporter
Posted by Bill Freese (+479) 11 years ago
♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

[This message has been edited by Bill Freese (4/29/2010)]
Posted by jessiker (+291) 11 years ago
gatway computer, with printer and speckers $100

I totally want speckers!
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6014) 11 years ago
No you don't! I had speckers once. Itched for DAYS.
"looking for liveing room funiture" That is something we all need. My couch is getting boring.
Posted by Christen LeBlanc Ramsey (+271) 11 years ago
we have promotion of cowbells, pepoles, aluminum foil hats and train-wrecks (both literally and figuratively.) so far so good my fellow morans!
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1607) 11 years ago
I have laughed so many times at posts on MC.com. Unfortunately, with the onset of Alzheimers I can't recall the specifics now. For all I know, it was the same post countless times. Funny stuff from Buck for sure, before he became a psycho, Richard, GunnAr, the Bobs, Wendy, Brian before his hiatus (so far), and the list goes on and on and on...

FH
I think it's safe to say my hiatus is over, Frank.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1607) 11 years ago
Well then....get funny.

FH
Ouch.

I'll work on it.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 11 years ago
Funniest thing that Brian has said since his return was pointing out that Mr. Libertarian was for the new Arizona law concerning immigration when the libertarian party clearly would not be...that was classic I thought!!
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14950) 11 years ago
Funniest thing that Brian has said since his return was pointing out that Mr. Libertarian was for the new Arizona law concerning immigration when the libertarian party clearly would not be...that was classic I thought!!

Bullcrap! I haven't stated much of an opinion on the Arizona law. And you tell everyone what libertarians would think is like someone giving directions back from a place they have never been.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 11 years ago
Hey Popeye, my husband belongs to that party...So get off your "self made pedestal", that was his opinion of the party line, which is just as valid as yours, since you both belong...

[This message has been edited by howdy (4/29/2010)]
Damn, Richard. A little jumpy, are we? Relax, man.

Still waiting to read your explanation for your "cops can't pursue immigration status unless they have detained the individual for violating some other law" comment.

I've read the bill and haven't found that or the definition of "lawful contact" anywhere.

I appreciate the essay you posted, but I really would like it if you could let the rest of us know where you got the aforementioned notion. Did I miss something?
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 11 years ago
I'm still waiting for the funny.