Pepole in suport to make pot legal
Posted by Jason Goodson (+26) 11 years ago
There seems to be a promlem with some pepole in town over the medical pot dispencery coming to town i ask for fact from these pepole on how weed harms anyone and all i got was complaint that i cant spell and i must have been high cause i missed a class on puncuation. i am asking for all of you in suport of making it legal pleaser join me in a real discusiuon i wont judge you for spelling anything wrong.
Posted by Leif Hope (+94) 11 years ago
I support the decriminalization of marijuana. The unintended consequences of legalization are just too many for me to wrap my mind around. I'm not a user, never inhaled, seriously...but just about everyone I know is a user or has used. My demographic: age 40-50, professional, graduate degrees, self-employed.

I'm not sure what it would take to legalize it, and I am not opposed to legalization, but decrim would be the first step. And I mean on a national basis.
Posted by Christen LeBlanc Ramsey (+271) 11 years ago
i am in support to legalize marijuana for whatever use an adult (individual of 21 years or older) chooses. people will abuse it, become couch potato losers over it and that is their choice. alcohol is legal and causes great social issues, as do pharmaceuticals prescribed by doctors. stupid people do stupid things all the time because of drugs and alcohol, just read any news publication. you never hear about the folks that intoxicate in moderation, play boardgames with their friends and walk home after, you just read/hear/know about the morons.

this country is broke, in need of a major cash-crop, jobs, and a little joy.
Posted by Tracy Lynn (+28) 11 years ago
"ever sense i took the evelyn woodhead sped reddin course my reddin has improvved wonder fully. And grammer and comprension too. I recomend the evelyn woodhead sped reddin course to all my friends and you tell them you heard it here first on roller derby."

Cheech and Chong.
Posted by Josh Rath (+2305) 11 years ago
I'm all for it being legalized, because the money issues within the US would be cut in half or more, because sales would go through the roof. Everyone would try it once, and the current users would basically take this country out of debt.
Posted by polar bear (+509) 11 years ago
Marijuana affects the part of the brain that helps you process symbols, such as letters in words. Since you have not been affected by this downside of the drug, I wouldn't worry.
Posted by polar bear (+509) 11 years ago
Furthermore, I am a HS teacher and I see the direct impact on intelligence and functioning that this particular drug has. It isn't pretty.
Posted by mule train (+1055) 11 years ago
Come to Colorado Jason...it is pretty much legal here. Of course you have to have a "prescription" ($80 at the local dispensary)...but one can openly buy all the weed, keef, hash, cookies, brownies, etc...that they want. I really can't believe it. Colorado must be leading the nation in people with disabilities.

The local entertainment rag, The Westword, has about 10 pages of ads all for the 100's of dispensaries in denver metro. I never thought I would see the day.

And for the record...I don't have a card.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14950) 11 years ago
I'm all for it being legalized, because the money issues within the US would be cut in half or more, because sales would go through the roof. Everyone would try it once, and the current users would basically take this country out of debt.

Now there is a pipe dream...no pun intended.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1905) 11 years ago
I don't use the stuff myself but I'm for decriminalization. I'm not holding my breath waiting for some enormous, economic, pot-related boom, however.

Not to change the subject - I saw some lady walk out of a Town Pump today with two cartons of cigarettes. I swear I heard the clerk say 104 bucks. Coffin nails are now going for 50 bucks a carton!?
speaking of the money side of it....I met a owner of a dispensary in Westminster, CO at the Wynkoop's one day. She told me that her store has been bringing in about $7,000 a week. I don't know how much of that is profit, but it's a crap ton of money.

I can't see a dispensary in MC making $7,000 a week...maybe a meth dispensary????
Posted by Ashley Earley (+373) 11 years ago
I would love to smoke meth all day and work at a carnival. It would be the good life, zipping around on the zipper, diggin bugs out of my skin on the ferris wheel, and all the other woderful things that go along with it. Damn, that would be the life. A meth smoking carny. Oh yea, I would love to run the little game where you shoot the BB gun at the star and try and shoot the whole star off the paper! Winner winner winner winner winner. ( the sites are off set to the left or right a little)
Also one more thing about the pot deal....what would all the rappers out there rap about if it was legel? "i went to the store...bought some pot....smoked it...saw a cop...gave him some...then he hit some more.."
Posted by Jason Goodson (+26) 11 years ago
you are crazy but i like it thanks for the input lol
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1905) 11 years ago
They could always rap about poppin' a cap in some bitch named Ashley's ass.
Posted by Smiley (+847) 11 years ago
OMGOMGOMG. This is the worst post on MC.com ever. What is this site becoming? A place to talk about becoming a meth-ed out carny? Doesn't that Ashley girl have a child? I mean I understand sarcasm, but it's really hard to achieve sarcasm online Ashley. I, for one, agree with polar bear. Last time I checked, what you say online is there forever somewhere. Of course this post was started by a guy who is.....

Jason Everyone.

[This message has been edited by Smiley (4/25/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14950) 11 years ago
Hmm... I wonder if the need for an elevated THC level in certain individuals is "somewhat genetic". We wouldn't want to have a biased view of their genetic predisposition.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3712) 11 years ago
I have to think legalization would make pot dirt cheap. It's practically a weed. Imagine what would happen to the price if any farmer that wanted to could just go and plant a few hundred acres of it instead of little patches in national forests or in basements etc.
Posted by Alisha Rogers- Marsh (+16) 11 years ago
I totally agree with making pot legal. Ppl really are only gonna see what they want about the drug and that will never change. Like the couch potatoe thing, I see ppl who smoke marijuana out and about all the time so I'm not sure what to say about that lol. And for the HS teacher, how can you be so sure that pot is the only thing to blame for those not so pretty effects? I know for a fact that most of the teenagers here in town prefer to do pills and other strange things like that so how do you know for sure that weed is what is making those effects?
Posted by Steve Allison (+981) 11 years ago
This not a statement for or against pot, just a bit of business info. from someone who use to have the job of compiling figures for a large store, Bozeman K-Mart. On K-Mart's scale $7,000 a week turns to about $110 in profit, on a high mark up store might be closer to $200 to $250 in profit. Overhead and occupancy are killers to any business.
Oh smiley just so you know this is Ashley's husband Logan. And yes we do have two kids. And no i would not prefer to be a methed out carney. It is called sarcasm and if you really think someone woud go online and talk about smoking meth and doin drugs your probably dumb. maybe in cali though huh? Not saying it can't happen but probably not. Your dumb. this is ashley's husband again to. Oh and my kids are just fine. Just throwin that in there.
Ashley's Husband:

This is Smiley's husband. What Smiley did was point out that sarcasm is not the best tool to use on the internet. All it takes is a random fed looking at the post and bamm your a suspect of drug abuse. Your family, business associates, neighbors they are all being harassed by some guy in a black suit, all because you stated something over the internet as "sarcasm."

The truth of the matter is: by calling someone dumb for trying to help you with your image to society you have actually hurt your image more, and made future attempts to protect you from harm less likely to happen.

I would rethink your option of going on angry crusades in the future.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9193) 11 years ago
"... and in the distance, a lonely banjo began to pluck forth its reply to the gauntlet thrown upon the wind"
HAHA. Sorry bud but I deal with the FEDs usually on a monthly basis. Also numerous local and state police officers, military personnel, and others along that line of work. They will not come snoop around my house or harrass my neighbors becasue I joke about wanting to smoke some meth and ride the ferris wheel. Sorry not gonna happen...better things to do. At least they better have better things to do. Anyway, I also have a very good public image that I do maintain. My sense of humour is obviousely different from yours...maybe because you are/have been a habitual meth user? I don't know and I don't really care. I will still make fun of you and everyone else that does because it's good population control. (sarcasm) You can even look me up on face book and see the exact same sense of humour. It's ok though.
Ashley has a very good reputation too, at the bowling alley. Just sarcasm....
[This message has been edited by Ashley Earley (4/26/2010)]
supporter
Maybe milescity.com needs a teen forum.
Smiley, I seriously suggest you keep my name and my children out of your posts. How dare you try to make me out to look like a bad mother; I dare you to find me one person who doesn't believe that I take EXCELLENT care of my family. You know damn well that my husband was NOT saying he was a "meth head", admitting to smoking pot, etc.

....bowling alley??
Posted by Alisha Rogers- Marsh (+16) 11 years ago
wow ppl come on. act your ages, this is a discussion about marijuana legalization. this isn't the right place to bash ppl and get into arugements such as this meth thing. we get the point, now can everyone just move on?
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 11 years ago
The appropriate use of an emoticon would have avoided this whole mess.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 11 years ago
Posted by lakeside (+40) 11 years ago
logan do you make fun of your dad? family we all know or heard of the early family.
Do you have any proof to back-up what you are insinuating? Don't judge a whole damn family on rumors or a few mistakes. I think that was just about the most f***** up post I have read on MC.com....
Posted by Nathan Jessup (+48) 11 years ago
A post with no basis of fact from Smiley...Say it aint so. I seem to remember her husband also making accusations with no facts at all over the safety of the interwebz. Birds of a feather...

Back to the subject. Legalize, tax and regulate. Just like booze and cigs. The government has created an EXTREMELY lucrative black market. 50 bucks for an 8th of some grass. That is 100% CRAZY. Not to mention weed is the number one money maker of the Mexican Cartels. There is also the cost of eradicating, drug intervention, prosecuting, prisoner cost, etc that is a complete WASTE of tax payers money. All this is going on while prescription drug use is SKYROCKETING.

Legalization is on the ballot in California this November. If it succeeds, (grass is practically legal there anyway, and it will bring in BILLIONS...yeah BILLIONS in tax dollars to a state that is debt ridden) then it's only a matter of time before other states follow along.

[This message has been edited by Nathan Jessup (4/26/2010)]
Posted by stephen (+250) 11 years ago
I Haven't made any posts about people in a while, and just so you know there is no hard feelings for bringing up my unfortunate past Nathan, I believe more of these hippie pro-decriminalization posters(me included) need to post in an educated and civilized(for the most part)like you did. If we can get more people to respond to articles in such a manner we may very well get our wish.

Yet there is a flip side to this, the more people we get who appear to be living on the street, or with the grammar of a 5 year old, the idea will be sent to the dump, like so many other ideas.
Steve....comparing Kmart to a two-person pot operation is a stretch. $7,000 to the Alternative Healing Weed Company means $6,890 after they pay for electricity...as they are growing their own. Sure, there's rent...but at $28,000 a month...I'm sure they can afford it.

Denver just had the largest Cannabis Expo in the world earlier this month...marijuana tourism is a reality. It might be just what k-12 education in the state needs to survive.

GO DEMS!
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1606) 11 years ago
The problem getting pot legalized is that no-one can remember where they left the petitions.

George Carlin

Posted by Steve Allison (+981) 11 years ago
Rent and electricity are only the start of your expenses running a legal business. Along with the rent is utilities, insurance and maintenance costs. Then come your taxes, income, FICA, worker comp., some both personal and for the business. Now comes the licensing and other local business requirements. Yes all these things are bigger in a large K-Mart style store but then at times near Christmas the K-Mart I worked at did over $7,000.00 an hour. Most of these expenses are percentages of your business so they scale with your size and growth. All I'm saying is don't look at gross sales and think any type of business is a well of money waiting to pour into your pocket.
Fair enough Steve...and all I am saying is that $7,000 a week is a lot of cash for selling pot.
supporter
Posted by spacekace (+896) 11 years ago
I would like to know, how you are going to get the support of non-pot smokers, when you kant evin spel rite?

I can't wait to see a big picket line in Miles City, marching...yelling...and bobbing signs....spelt not rite.

Ya, I can get on board.
Posted by Judy Thompson (+14) 11 years ago
Isn't pot consumed by "SMOKING"?
I can't wait to see a big picket line in Miles City, marching...yelling...and bobbing signs....spelt not rite.

They can join the tea party.

[This message has been edited by Smiley (4/27/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Stone (+1596) 11 years ago
smokem if you gotum.

Pepole?- I get it now Wendy.

Judy, try brownies.
Posted by V (+168) 11 years ago
This is soooooo (spelt like that on purpose) funny . Start a forum and go every where else. Can we stay on subject here, just wondering. This is great
supporter
Is this a pepole?

Posted by Dave Golterman (+243) 11 years ago
No, this is a pepole!

Posted by Judy Thompson (+14) 11 years ago
The "smoking" reference is for all the people who were so anti smoking but now want to make pot legal. Is that particular "smoke" not dangerous to one's health, only cigarette or cigar smoke?

[This message has been edited by Judy Thompson (4/28/2010)]
supporter
I think that most would agree that no one (I hope!) would smoke 2 packs worth of joints a day.
Posted by RA (+648) 11 years ago
Legalize the stuff.........and then TAX it to the MAX!!!!
supporter
Posted by spacekace (+896) 11 years ago
I completely understand your spelling issues now...

My apologies...
Posted by Connie Delaware (+12) 11 years ago
It's peepoll ,not pepole!
Posted by sdrew (+228) 11 years ago
Isn't weed a lovely thing...Really impressive spelling. Make it legal for people who are terminal and in pain that cannot be mangaged by other means. I see too many young people (note how that's spelled) who just have to get a "green" card for pain that the rest of us have sucked up and dealt with, not needing to make excuses.
Isn't weed a lovely thing...Really impressive spelling

Yeah, it's that gosh darn plants fault some people cant spell. Why don't you go on a crusade against texting and instant messaging? That's the real culprit behind the massacre of the English language

Make it legal for people who are terminal and in pain that cannot be mangaged by other means.

ManGaged? Hey are you high? You must be, because you spelled MANAGED (See how I spelled that?) wrong.

By managing pain in other means, do you mean by poppin' some Oxycontin? How bout some morphine? You do realize Ibuprofen is hard on your kidneys? Acetaminophen takes it's toll on your liver. Remember, you CANNOT overdose on marijuana.

How about we stop wasting billions of taxpayer dollars outlawing a plant. Prohibition didn't work with booze, it's not going to work on weed/The War On Drugs.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2042) 11 years ago
Don't bogart that joint my friend
Pass it over to me
Don't bogart that joint my friend
Pass it over to me

Roll another one
Just like the other one
You've been holding on to it
And I sure will like a hit
supporter
Corrections to the following quote are in italic font.

Yeah, it's that gosh darn plants plant's fault some people cant can't spell. Why don't you go on a crusade against texting and instant messaging? That's the real culprit behind the massacre of the English language

Make it legal for people who are terminal and in pain that cannot be mangaged [sic] by other means.

ManGaged [sic]? Hey , are you high? You must be, because you spelled MANAGED (See how I spelled that?) wrong.

By managing pain in by other means, do you mean by poppin' some Oxycontin? How bout about or 'bout some morphine? You do realize Ibuprofen is hard on your kidneys? Acetaminophen takes it's its toll on your liver. Remember, you CANNOT overdose on marijuana.

How about we stop wasting billions of taxpayer dollars outlawing a plant. Prohibition didn't work with booze,; it's not going to work on weed/The War On Drugs.

Geez, you must be high on weed.
Just when I thought you couldn't be anymore pedantic Wendy Wilson.
Posted by Charlie's Angel (+6) 11 years ago
WOW Wendy Wilson, you sure were bitchy in your reply. Maybe you NEED to be high
supporter
Nathan Jessup... I was watching Silent Hill, and I actually took a screen shot of this.

I still find this picture hilarious in my own mind. I truly appreciate when life hands you little gems of awesome.
For example, when I was in Billings today I saw a church right next to a "spa." You know, an Asian spa