Spring and my sinuses
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11731) 11 years ago
Tree pollen is count is officially "very high" Right now, at noon on Thursday, April 22, the weather is changing from sunny to cloudy. My head feels as if it were packed in concrete despite some quality drugs. Is is true there are people who don't get sinus headaches? If so, why am I not related to you instead of my sinusy family. Sniff.
Posted by Josh Rath (+2304) 11 years ago
I am actually feeling wonderful today. Which is odd, cause it normally irritates me also.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14948) 11 years ago
My head feels as if it were packed in concrete despite some quality drugs. Is is true there are people who don't get sinus headaches? If so, why am I not related to you instead of my sinusy family. Sniff.

Hmm... a former Freese with stuffy "cold". Just imaging how runny your nose might be if you were born in to the Boyle family.
Posted by CS Hunt (+327) 11 years ago
I get pretty bad sinus headaches, too. I happened to stumble across some great stuff though...it's called Sen Sei and you can order it online or get it at most health food stores. (The one in town doesn't have it and they gave me some pretty blank looks when I asked for it.)

I think I got it for around $7.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6175) 11 years ago
No sinus headaches here. Never had a cold sore either. Don't hate me; I have plenty of other problems.
supporter
Don't hate me; I have plenty of other problems.

Yeah... like nicks in your feet from your sword.
supporter
Really, Richard? Must we revisit the "opera is a browser" debacle?
supporter
No. I'd rather be an "explorer" on "safari" with some "chrome" looking for "firefoxes" than go to the opera.
Posted by polar bear (+507) 11 years ago
I have not had a sinus problem in years thanks to my Neti Pot. My otolaryngologist said the sinus medicine people would be out of business if everyone attended to this item of good hygiene daily. I also have not had a cold in over 10 years as a result. Most viruses, flus, etc. incubate in the sinuses.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1903) 11 years ago
I'll bite. What the hell is a Neti Pot? Never mind, I looked it up.

[This message has been edited by Bob Netherton II (4/22/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17230) 11 years ago
I thought something might be up, as I actually sneezed twice yesterday.
Posted by polar bear (+507) 11 years ago
I also have dry eye syndrome severely and the Neti helps that too.
Posted by Marty (+14) 11 years ago
I take my allergy medication, use a nasal spray, use my Neti Pot and I'm still sneezing and stuffy. Good old fresh air. Happy Spring!
supporter
I suggest getting some hook worms. There's some evidence that the presence of the worms prevents or reduces the chances of developing allergies.