EPA new rrp law goes into effect on 4/22/10.
Posted by guylong (+98) 11 years ago
are contractors certified in lead safe work practices? if not you face heavy penalties from the e.p.a. you must be certified by 4/22/10 . all contractors should research this. homeowners who do their own maintenance/remodeling are required to be certified as well. fines will be $37,500 per ciatation, per day!
supporter
Posted by Bill Freese (+474) 11 years ago
supporter
Posted by Lynne (+132) 11 years ago
If you are a home owner and working in your own home it does not apply. If you are a landlord and working in a rental you have to be certified.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16811) 11 years ago
Contractors who have missed the many opportunities that EPA has provided training to comply with this regulation are definitely behind the curve.
Posted by guylong (+98) 11 years ago
yes gunnar, the billboards are everywhere. funny thing is the training in blgs. was totally booked for the 19th &20th. so am i to believe everyone has been behind the curve. i was only posting an informative thread.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16811) 11 years ago
i was only posting an informative thread.

I agree that this is an informative thread, and I thank you for posting it. I apologize to you or anyone thinking I was attacking your post, I was merely pointing out that this really shouldn't be news to contractors, as this has been a long time coming. Certainly it is news to homeowners contemplating major renovation projects.

The link Bill posted pretty much says it all.