vacationing spots?!?!?!
Posted by CS Hunt (+330) 11 years ago
We're fairly new to the area and are trying to plan a short vacation over Memorial Day weekend. I've looked online for great family places but am not having much luck. We have 3 boys, ages 8, 2, and 1.

We are up for traveling about 10 hours one way...Any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated!
Posted by r mcdevitt (+19) 11 years ago
Chico Hot Springs, but you better make reservations now.
Posted by R Torgerson (+10) 11 years ago
Medora, ND is a fun, family friendly spot to go. Our kids love it!
Posted by MG (+106) 11 years ago
Black Hills, South Dakota..

[This message has been edited by MG (4/14/2010)]
Posted by Pam Beesley (+44) 11 years ago
Yellowstone! My 2 year old son loved it
Posted by Bruce Wilson (+53) 11 years ago
BLACK HILLS, CLOSE, TONS OF FUN FAMILY STUFF!
Posted by john w caylor (+78) 11 years ago
Black hills one of the best times for the family
Posted by Cindy Stalcup (+587) 11 years ago
For kids that young, I'd take them to the Mammoth Site at Hot Springs, South Dakota (must-see for everyone) and to the goofy & great Flintstone Village in Custer, SD, and to Mitchell, SD for the Memorial Day festivities - hot air balloons, etc. including visiting the Corn Palace.

http://www.mammothsite.com/
http://www.cornpalace.com...php?id=366
http://www.flintstonesbedrockcity.com/
Posted by CS Hunt (+330) 11 years ago
thanks guys! i'll stay busy for awhile looking into all those!
Posted by Tom Bair (+119) 11 years ago
Madora North Dakota it has the state park and a wonderful outside show and steak fry and rides along the river.My family and I went to it and just fell in love with the town.
Posted by bh (+187) 11 years ago
I've really good things about the dinosour museum in Dickinson
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6167) 11 years ago
Medora is a dangerous place! When we went a few years ago a man was alsmost crushed to death by a giant cardboard train! Blood and guts everywhere. Family fun, my foot.
Posted by Mandi (+353) 11 years ago
I agree with going to the Black Hills in S.D. Great time! I recommend centering in Keystone. There a a ton of beautiful campgrounds in that area to save money. And close to all of the best attractions. If you go to the Black Hills make sure to take your kids to Old McDonalds Farm right outside of Rapid City, it is sooo awesome!
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1906) 11 years ago
And what the hell - take in Mt. Rushmore.
Posted by Fred South (+156) 11 years ago
Yes, the Black Hills. Have been there over 50 times and still love going back--all the way from Illinois.
Posted by whitneyann (+279) 11 years ago
okay, i have heard great things about the black hills. i have also heard that stuff is very expensive to do up there, totally worth is but expensive. speaking from personal experience chico is awesome! we just went there a few weeks ago, we stayed in livingston (much cheaper and more privacy) then we drove out to chico both saturday and sunday to swim. it is $30.00 for a book of 10 tickets or $6.50 each person. i believe that children under 6 are free. it is alot of fun. if you go you can take toys for the kids to have in the pool or floaties. the pool is as warm as a bathtub so even your baby wouldn't get cold! you can have drinks in the pool (beer, pop, water) whatever your choice! it is a great family enviroment. you can email me if you have more questions! good luck!
supporter
Posted by Sarah Peterson (+376) 11 years ago
Don't forget Reptile Gardens if you're going to the Black Hills! My daughter loved it last year--she was almost 2 at the time. She was more impressed with the giant sandbox than anything.
Posted by jrdbleoght (+20) 11 years ago
Try Cody Wyoming or the big horn mountains in Wyoming. I enjoyed both places. There is alot of wildlife to see and natural beauty to see.
banned
Posted by kironsmith (+4) 5 years ago
This post was removed 5 years ago.
It was removed because it was SPAM.