Teen pregnancy and sex
Posted by Tina Bean (+415) 11 years ago
Ok so I am a nursing student at MCC and I have to do a presentation. I chose to do it on teen sex and pregnancy. I am creating a mock questionarre....

What would you people think would be acceptable questions to ask kids in both middle school and highschool? I have a bunch already but am looking for angles I have not considered.

I am making a mock questionarre for both age groups. I am taking this seriously so please try not to post smart alek comments! Gather all of the serious questions you can muster up and give em to me!!!

Thanks so much for your help.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9195) 11 years ago
Can you "technically" be a virgin?
Some people may take that smart alekish (nice grammer I know!!) But that is a GREAT question! Thanks
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2706) 11 years ago
Is it true that you can't get pregnant the first time?
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 11 years ago
What is safe sex?
Posted by Gwen Gunther (+101) 11 years ago
Did you have sex the first time as a way to "keep" your boyfriend/girlfriend?
Thanks for all the help on this! Keep it coming!
Posted by Smiley (+847) 11 years ago
Have you parents ever had "the talk" with you?
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3677) 11 years ago
Do you consider masturbation wrong or shameful? Do you consider it sex?
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 11 years ago
Do you know what the most effective birth control methods are?

Will the pill protect you from SIDs?

Are teenagers emotionally ready to have sex?
supporter
Posted by GW (+440) 11 years ago
Are you under peer pressure to have sex? When you have a guy as a friend, are you friends with benefits or just friends.
Posted by stephen (+250) 11 years ago
Is being a virgin a good or bad thing?
Posted by Leif Hope (+94) 11 years ago
How do I tell my parents I'm gay?
Thanks guys!! What about questions about pregnancy also? And some questions geared toward 7th and 8th graders??
Posted by Christen LeBlanc Ramsey (+271) 11 years ago
do you consider anal penetration sex?

where was your first sexual encounter? where do you continue (to engage in) these activities?

why do you not use condoms? birth control?

would you get pregnant (or make them ex- holes in condoms) to keep your partner?
Posted by Bridgit Morrison (+95) 11 years ago
Directed towards middle school kids:
Do you really want to have a toddler when your 16, the age when you're trying to hang out with your friends..trying to be cool..but you're changing big ol pile poop..because your daughter/son had diarrhea and he/she is cranky because the babysitter didn't lay down your baby for a nap while you were Algebra class ?
supporter
How much does it cost to raise a child to age 18?
Posted by mt_mom (+122) 11 years ago
What do you want to be when you grow up?

Could you become that if you didn't finish high school?

Did you know that two out of three teen moms never finish hs?
(teenpregnancy.org)

Do you know where to get birth control or condoms for free?
Posted by angelsfy (+426) 11 years ago
do you wanna be a daddy at age of 15 or 16 wanting to go to prom dance but can't find a babysitter for your child
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1905) 11 years ago
That's STDs, Wendy.

Here's on for you. Is it a bigger sin to have sex WITH a condom vs without a condom?
Posted by Denny (+35) 11 years ago
Can you get pregnant performing oral sex. Are you still a virgin if its just anal sex! Talk to me Tina.
LOL Denny! Im talkin to ya! Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Keep em coming! Age appropriate for 7th & 8th grade also plz!!!

Thanks a ton! I am so excited to do this presentation now!
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 11 years ago
For junior high, just questions about the basics--menstruation, nocturnal emissions, is it normal to have hair there and all those nasty and embarrassing physical details.
supporter
How many sexually transmitted diseases can you name? What are their symptoms?

[This message has been edited by Kelly (3/25/2010)]
Posted by Gail Finch Shipek (+94) 11 years ago
What kind of friends do you hang out with?
Are they having sex?

Do you have a curfew?

Do your parents "expect" that you will have sex before marriage?

Do you feel close to your parents?
Do you feel loved by your parents?
supporter
What is puberty?

This site may help you...
http://teenadvice.about.c...ysexqa.htm

[This message has been edited by Kelly (3/25/2010)]
Posted by Chuck Schott (+1284) 11 years ago
"How do I tell my parents I'm gay?"

Call them on the phone and say "on my way home from the bar last night I hit a small child on the sidewalk. I'm sure I did him in because there was a small foot in my grill this morning when I came to after the booze and drugs wore off. Do you think I should call the police or push my car in to the river?"

After they freak out for a few minutes tell them you where just kidding and that you are gay.

It's all just perspective.
Posted by life in full color (+49) 11 years ago
I had a conversation with my daughter yesterday afternoon while walking down the dyke. She was talking about a girl in one of her classes that was pregnant. She went on to explain how she could not do anything and that she had lived with the dad a while and the dad had gotten another girl pregnant, I did not interrupt, she continued to tell me about the stories this girl tried to share about things her boyfriend did and how she sees nothing wrong with her situation.
I then stated..... well a least she is staying in school. I could have gone on and on about how wrong this girl was and placed the blame on her parents and everybody else in the community but I choose to try to find a positive,, emphasize it and let it go. Parents must remember children are products of their society and their society begins in the home with the parents as examples.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17055) 11 years ago
I've gone twenty-some years thinking my brother ran over a little kid on the way home from the bar. Now I finally hear the rest of the story.
Do they know how they feel about sex and where are their boundaries at?

If teens and pre-teens don't have boundaries set, it is easy to go too far without realizing that maybe you didn't want to after all.

SET BOUNDARIES AND STICK WITH THEM!

Then, find friends that have the same boundaries.
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1670) 11 years ago
To the Schotts:

Posted by Christen LeBlanc Ramsey (+271) 11 years ago
how will/ do you know when you are ready for engaging in these types of relationship activities?
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17328) 11 years ago
Are you more likely to have sex now that the government will be providing you free abortions?
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9195) 11 years ago
That's BS and you know it Gunnar - at the very least, you still have to write a 500 word essay detailing what a dirty slut you are and how you'll never have sex out of wedlock again before Rep. Stupak will agree to send you a coathanger in the color of your choice. And you'll be on the hook for postage, as well as shipping and handling.

That doesn't sound like "free" to me.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 11 years ago
Oops. STDs.
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1670) 11 years ago
I'd like a pill to protect against Special Improvement Districts.
Posted by Patricia (+61) 11 years ago
Sorry Tina to burst your bubble, but most of these questions ARE appropriate to ask 7th and 8th graders. (Apparently the girls' locker room talk is quite informative at the middle school level.)
Here's a question: Do you consider oral sex sex?
Posted by Maryann McDaniel (+249) 11 years ago
Patricia: from what I have seen this is the big question especially for middle school students (we talking 11-14 years). It is scary. Fourteen-fifteen year olds are usually 9th graders, fifteen-sixteen 10th graders, etc.

Is oral sex sex?
I always remind all of the people I counsel that anything you can get down there (genitals) you can get up here (mouth)....So is oral sex, sex? Yes
Posted by stephen (+250) 11 years ago
Even a bad case of pubic frizz?
Posted by Sharlene (+1210) 11 years ago
As a mother of a 14 year old, I have been talking to my daughter about sex since she was 9. I took her to a class put on by the County Health Department.

I have a wonderful relationship with my daughter and have told her she can talk to me about anything. I agree that our children are a product of the home and creating a comfortable enviroment for them to talk to their parents is important. If not their parent then someone they feel comfortable talking with.

My questions: Do you know what happens when you have sex? Do you know what lipstick parties are? Are you mature enough to handle the ramifications after you have sex? If you split apart for a while, no cell phone, no public places, are you still going to feel the same way about each other when you find out your boyfriend/girlfriend has dumped you for someone else? Are you prepared to take care of a baby when you yourself are just a child too?

We were that age once too and relating our experiences to our children makes them more aware of reality.
Posted by Smiley (+847) 11 years ago
The best website I had when I was growing up was gURL.com

They have advice columns, sex edu, message boards. It's great.