Just saying hello
supporter
Posted by T Brown (+486) 12 years ago
Hello everyone....I'm not on too much anymore. I just check the posts and then move on. Back in July I took my husband Jim out to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. to begin testing for a liver transplant evaluation. We just recently got back from a second trip and I am glad to say that he is officially on the UNOS Liver Transplant list. We also found out that he now has cancer. While we were there he underwent a chemoembolization...thats short for putting a catheter up in his femoral artery into the liver and shooting Chemo directly into the tumor. We will return to Mayo at the end of April so they can check to see if the tumor shrank and to chemoembolize the other tumor. I can't tell you enough how amazing the doctors and staff are at Mayo. Jim gets the best care and support, better than we ever imagined. They tell us that with his cancer now, he will move up the list pretty quickly and hopefully will have the transplant within the year. All of your thoughts and prayers have been greatly appreciated. God will continue to work miracles in our lives. I'll try to keep everyone updated. Thank you!
Posted by Heavychevy (+40) 12 years ago
God Bless the brown family!
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4952) 12 years ago
Lots of prayers for your family and hang tough..Medical science can indeed perform miracles...
supporter
Posted by julieinmc (+514) 12 years ago
Love you bunches, Terri. Give Jim a big hug for me.
supporter
I love you too Julie....hope you are feeling good too! Hows the treatment going?
Posted by Kender Beeler (+63) 12 years ago
I hope Your husband get better!!!!! my prayers are with your family!!
supporter
Thank you Kender
supporter
Today we leave for our third trip to Mayo. Jim has to have another chemembolization and more testing to get him ready for transplant. Hoping the cancer cells have shrunk in the first tumor. We will know on Monday. The Dr's say he should have a new liver by the end of the year....hopefully!
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4952) 12 years ago
My prayers are with your hubby and you for success in every way!!
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6173) 12 years ago
Ditto.
Posted by Alisha Rogers- Marsh (+12) 12 years ago
love you guys i forgive you for missing my wedding lol