Cheer camp
Posted by CK (+847) 11 years ago
I had thought about putting together a cheerleader camp this summer for young girls age 5-13. Either span it over a couple of days or just do a day camp...(what would be your preference as a parent?)

The girls would learn some cheers, a short dance, and leave with their own set of pom poms. They would have a performance for the parents/family at the end of the camp.

Is this something that your children would be interested in doing? It would be worth the time to organize it if I knew there might be a few attendees, but I don't know unless I ask.

If you have a child age 5-13 please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Carli
Posted by Della Haverland (+38) 11 years ago
I have a 6 year old daughter and she would absolutely love this!!! What timeframe are you looking at and what would you charge? I think doing a few days to even a week would be fantastic!! I live in Forsyth, but I can definately ask around to see if there would be more interest than just me.
Posted by Tina Bean (+411) 11 years ago
Ditto...my daughter is 13 and would love it!!!
Posted by CK (+847) 11 years ago
I am glad to hear some feedback. I may try to do it through one of the college's summer programs, so I don't know what the cost would be. That would definitely be during the summer.

If I were to do it on my own (If I could find a place to hold it) It wouldn't be more than $12-$15 for the day camp. Which would include a healthy snack and drink during our break and the set of pom poms to take home with them. It could be a Saturday day camp or possibly a summer day too.

Thanks for your comments, anyone else out there with children that may be interested? Also, any suggestions would be great too.

Thanks,

Carli
Posted by amberfeeler (+66) 11 years ago
aww my daughter is only 2...she watches some shows that have cheerleading and she wiggles and shakes. adorable! If you decide to do it again in a few yrs or something I will Deff sighn up!
Posted by Kimberly D. Reiger (+78) 11 years ago
I say go for it! My daughter is in cheer leading at Studio M and they hold a camp at the end of july but she loves it so much another chance to do it would be great!
Posted by Anna (+340) 11 years ago
Carli that is awesome that you would think of something like that! WTG! My daughter would love it! If you need help ~ any way shape or form ~ I would be glad to help you. WTG again for posting this. Anna.
Posted by Kellie Kenworthy (+20) 11 years ago
I went to cheer camp every year growing up. It was definitely what I looked forward to the most every year. I don't have a daughter, but I think it's a great idea!