MISSION MOUNTAIN WOOD BAND CONCERT
Posted by Jim Baldwin (+9) 11 years ago
For those who may be interested in a great outdoor concert, we're having Mission Mountain Wood Band in concert in Big Timber on Rodeo Weekend, June 26th. This is a benefit concert for our local food bank and the Crazy Mountain Museum. It's also the annual Sweet Grass Fest with vendors and vintage car and motorcycle show! It's a special show on private land one mile east of Big Timber 100 feet from the beautiful Yellowstone River! Music starts at 5 p.m. that day with Mission Mountain Wood Band on stage from 9P.M. until midnite. Tickets are available online at TicketsWest.com or outlets in Billings, Bozeman and Big Timber. If anyone needs more information on this concert, email me at [email protected] or 406-932-4335.
Posted by Jim B (+227) 11 years ago
That was a neat PBS special on TV about them a week ago.
founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+932) 11 years ago
During the breaks Rob Quist commented about them playing again. I figured they wouldn't get out of the shadows of the Mission Mountains and you'd have to go to Bigfork and the like if you wanted to see them. Nice they'll be in Big Timber.
They're having a PBS special tonight, Monday at 7p.m. about the Aber Day Keggers in Missoula with Mission Mountain Wood Band. I've seen the special which you can order from PBS and it's great!!
Posted by MrBalloonHands (+38) 11 years ago
A must see. Don't forget Fort Peck. They have played here the last two summers and I imagine they will play here again. Easily the top 5 live concerts I have ever seen.
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1788) 11 years ago
Jim Baldwin...the youngest of the 12 and Paul's little bro??? THAT Jim Baldwin??? If that's you, how ya been?

Anyway, the band went from Mission Mountain, to Rob Quist and Great Northern, back to Mission Mountain, I guess...wonder when the name changes all happened?

[This message has been edited by Shu (3/15/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16820) 11 years ago
As an old timer from the 70s who usually devotes his time to poking at the usual MC simpleton posters, this would definitely be worth the car drive over. Way better than the usual trip to Billings that you simpletons take for fun . I saw the M2WB show in Helena about what? 8-10 years ago and I can attest, those guys have not lost a step.

If you see me in the Timber Bar and say, "Hey Gunnar! I am here because you endorsed this event on milesscity.com!" I will buy you a shot.
Hey, Gunnar, as a coincidence, a close friend of mine from Froid by the name of Powell Swanser nicknamed me Gunner! Is that close enough for you!!!! Hope to see you in Big Timber and thanks for the plug for the band. You're right, it's worth the trip to see them.
M2WB is playing in Fort Peck on June 22. Wish I could go to that show also....
I'm not the same Jim Baldwin you mention. I'm from Big Timber for the most of my life!!! But anyway, back atcha with the how you doin! Now you got another JB in your life!!!!!