Burning barrels.. are they legal in town?
Posted by SS66 (+441) 11 years ago
Is it legal to burn garbage in a burning barrel within city limits? Thanks to anyone that knows
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11537) 11 years ago
No. Talk to the fire department about when open burning permits are allowed.
Posted by SS66 (+441) 11 years ago
Bummer! Ok, thank you ma'am.
Posted by Lorin Dixson (+591) 11 years ago
A good tip for burn barrels where they are legal. Cut both the top and the bottom out of the barrel, and set them on three spaced bricks. They will burn much better and also last for ever, it is the ash which is full of acid what makes your burn barrel rust out so soon. You will be surprised how much better and more complete they will burn. There will be very little ash left after burning.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3665) 11 years ago
Nothing says love like fresh baked cookies. The next time you whip up your favorite batch, substitute canned milk for ordinary milk. It will add sweet, wholesome goodness to the batch and as an added bonus they will release from your cookie sheets with a touch.

Note: If you are lactose intolerant, this wont work for you.
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2738) 11 years ago
Hey there Tucker --- are you implying that your canned milk cookies be baked in a burn barrel?
supporter
Posted by MRH (+1483) 11 years ago
I think Tucker is just being Tucker.
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2738) 11 years ago
Well, nobody does it better, that's for sure!
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4950) 11 years ago
Not to mention, it is a great substitute for milk when baking cookies...
founder
supporter
Crap! I thought we were giving helpful hints.

Oh, don't forget to set those clocks ahead.
Posted by Toni Rentschler (+1511) 11 years ago
I have seen peole use them in town. But I would call the fire dpt beofre doing so your self. So I really dont know what the rules are.
I know you can burn in town. Just not what you can and can't do....
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16820) 11 years ago
Your best bet is to drive out to BLM land, find a convenient coulee, dump your trash into it, and set in on fire. Be sure to get a BLM burn permit first, of course....available at the Miles City BLM office.
founder
supporter
Gunnar is correct and don't forget those old washing machines and dryers laying around on the front porch. This is also a great opportunity to get rid of that old pick up truck you have intended to repair but never seem find the time. Also, take this time to rid yourself of the rusted out burn barrel that wasn't properly prepared with bricks and stuff.

NOTE: to make it safe for children don't forget to knock out the windows and remove the tires from the pick up. Be sure you get permits for safe BLM abandonment of unused property. :coo:
Posted by Bruce Helland (+592) 11 years ago
Tucker, Bet you watch NASCAR too..
founder
supporter
Nah, I heard they are still just turning left and selling beer.