Rifle Range
Posted by Erin Feathers (+19) 12 years ago
Is there any where in/near MC that a guy could go do some paper punching? I've only lived here since July, and have not really heard of anywhere to do this. Need a place to sight in several firearms and just to keep practiced.
Posted by Steve Allison (+977) 12 years ago
Yes there is the Custer Rod & Gun Club. They have a range off the Kinsey Road. I think membership is $20.00 a year. Red Rocks Sporting Goods can sign you up and give better instructions on getting there.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3775) 12 years ago
Check with the people at the Red Rock on Haynes. They will sell you a membership (cheap) , give you a combination to the lock and directions to get to the rifle range in Bergerson Ranchettes.
Posted by SS66 (+442) 12 years ago
Unless you have a 4x4..dont plan on making it out to that range anytime soon!
Don't have a 4x4 so looks like i'll be waiting
Posted by SS66 (+442) 12 years ago
Im in the same boat as you. I want to shoot bad but its just too swampy. Though if you dont mind a bit of a hike you could probably make it to the gate of the range and hike in.
Too bad for us truckless folks...by the way, how long of a range is it? 200yds?
Posted by jkeith (+65) 12 years ago
yes it is 200yd
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17809) 12 years ago
Can't you find a gravel pit or a coulee out on Sheffield Rd, and make your own target?
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3708) 12 years ago
Hehe I was thinking the same thing. Not sure if it's legal but a lot of people do it. If you know any ranchers I'd bet most of them wouldn't mind you setting up a target on a hillside and shoot some as well. You could do it at my place but I'm not exactly convenient to MC. Once spring comes I believe you are morally obligated to shoot at prairie dogs instead of paper targets though.