Maid Of Honor Dress
Posted by Jill Olson (+20) 11 years ago
So, my sister is getting married and I'm the Maid Of Honor. Of course, I'm 8 months pregnant, but need to start looking for my dress. Does anyone know how that works when a person is pregnant? How do I get fitted for a dress when I have no idea what size I will be???
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10002) 11 years ago
Is your sis getting married a month from now? I assume that could be a problem in dress fitting.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14970) 11 years ago
Of course, I'm 8 months pregnant, but need to start looking for my dress. Does anyone know how that works when a person is pregnant?

No clue... been a lot of things in life... pregnant isn't one of them.

A biting tongue emoticon would be very useful right now.
Posted by LuLu (+59) 11 years ago
I had the same problem for my sister's wedding. I ordered my dress a couple sizes too big and had it altered once it got here. I wasn't as far into my pregnancy as you are, but I would order it one to two sizes to big and find some one near you to alter it.

[This message has been edited by LuLu (3/7/2010)]
Posted by Kacey (+3161) 11 years ago
When is the wedding? That's your big question for now. Will you have time to "get back into shape" before the big day? Or will it be a few weeks after you give birth?

Then you have to take into consideration if you get to pick out the dress or are going to be one of the group wearing identical dresses.

They make a lot of very pretty dresses that are cut to specifically not draw attention to the tummy area. David's Bridal's website has lots of dresses. You should look at some online.
She isn't getting married until Aug. I don't know how far in advace I have to order the dress. Maybe I can wait until the end of April to order it and still have time to get it in and get it altered.
Posted by Kacey (+3161) 11 years ago
You will have plenty of time to get the dress! Don't worry.
Posted by Alicia.Esteves (+226) 11 years ago
I am the maid of honor in my friends wedding. She is the one who is pregnant and was worried about the fitting of her dress. The place where she got her dress actually said to get fitted two weeks prior to the wedding so you wont have to worry about it not fitting later. Thats just a suggestion to wait to get fitted til a week or two before.
Posted by TK (+1624) 11 years ago
When I found my wedding dress, I had an alteration the day I found it, then about a month before the wedding (I was pregnant, and then about a week after the fitting I miscarried), and then another fitting 2 weeks before the wedding....I probably could've had another fitting a couple days before the wedding because in the time between the last fitting and the wedding I'd lost a lot more weight and my dress was a little bit too big!.
Then for my sister's wedding a few years ago, I was a bridesdmaid. I had one fitting with that about 2 or 3 weeks before her wedding. So if the wedding you're in is in August, you have plenty of time--don't stress too much about it!
Posted by Lorin Dixson (+598) 11 years ago
Like Richard I haven't been,and never will be. So I am not sure this advice is valid. Here are my thoughts, the wedding is not until Aug so order the dress now in the size you would like to be, and use it as a goal to attain that size.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14970) 11 years ago
... and getting pregnant between now and August will complicate matters.
Posted by Mandi (+353) 11 years ago
I recently went to a wedding where all of the bridemaids wore dresses that were fitted under the breast then flowing from there down (like a baby-doll style). They were absolutely stunning for all body types, including pregant!
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4945) 11 years ago
I believe that is commonly called the "empire style waist" and it is a great suggestion for this problem if the bride agrees to it...

http://www.oldpueblotrade...48388649-2
I am definitely looking into something along this syle.