admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10001) 11 years ago
Well, Carly Simon finally gave up who the song was about, apparently that person being David Geffen. I thought it was Warren Beatty. Guess not.

http://music.msn.com/musi...ews=485058
Posted by LG (+195) 11 years ago
Awww! I thought this post was about me!
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Jim Howe (+1618) 11 years ago
It was........
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1437) 11 years ago
The link above for me isn't loading well so I don't know if this is answered... but wasn't there some charity event where a donation earned somebody the privilege of her telling them the super secret name? This would have been several years ago.
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1670) 11 years ago
Yes, Dan, there was an auction several years ago.

Carly Simon is denying that the song is about David Geffen. The mystery continues...
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1272) 11 years ago
I thought it was Paul Simon.....The shorter brother on Simon and Simon, the detective show in the 80's.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 11 years ago
No, those brothers were played by Jameson Parker and Gerald McRaney...Parker being the shorter of the two...(I am showing my age again LOL)...
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2743) 11 years ago
Yes, and Jameson Parker was married to Kirsty Ally who upon receiving an Emmy famously (infamously?) thanked him for giving her "the big one." Apparently Jameson has (had?) good cause to be vain, so maybe the song was about him....
Posted by bh (+193) 11 years ago
Kirstie Alley was married to Parker Stevenson and that is who she got "the big one" from.
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2743) 11 years ago
ooops --- I've learned two things: 1) all Parkers aren't created equal and 2) I have no idea how to spell Rebecca Howe's real name.

However, the theory (in jest) remains the same: Carly (Carlie?) Simon might have been singing about Ms. Alley's studmuffin.