Need some advice
Posted by Jill Olson (+20) 11 years ago
I'm trying to come up with some inexpensive ways to advertise a siding and windows installation business in the Billings area. It's basically a one person business. The owner does the installation. He's been doing this for about 34 years and is tired of subcontracting. He does awesome work and has way better prices than the big companies. Anyone have any ideas????
Posted by TK (+1624) 11 years ago
Submit business cards and resumes to local insurance agencies/companies.
Is the owner willing to travel outside of the Billings area, and if so, how far?
I also just sent you an email.

[This message has been edited by TK (2/22/2010)]
He is willing to travel. Probably just in MT and WY.
Posted by TK (+1624) 11 years ago
I saw your email, and I replied with the addresses and email addresses of our other offices. Thanks!
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3714) 11 years ago
craigslist.org

It's not as popular in MT as it is some places but it is picking up and it's free. It's extremely popular in the bigger cities so I'm guessing it will only become more popular in MT as well.

http://montana.craigslist.org/sks/
supporter
sponsor
Posted by souix (+303) 11 years ago
Jan Falsted of The Billings Gazette writes an article about Billings' business. I think they run once a week.

Jan Falstad at [email protected] or 657-1306
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10002) 11 years ago
(A) craigslist,
(B) find a site like this one, in Billings, and post there,
(C) business cards everywhere,
(D) get an article in the Gazette,
(E) lastly, make a website and get it listed in Google.

Pretty much all of that was mentioned above.
Thanks for the advice. I would love to make a website, but I am not very computer savy.
supporter
Posted by Sarah Peterson (+376) 11 years ago
Jill,
Use a website host like WordPress. It's easy and free, or if you wish to purchase your own domain (http://jillsiding.com or something), you can for $15 per year. Pretty much you just choose a template and then start typing and hit "publish" when you want to post it.
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1672) 11 years ago
LOVE jillsiding.com!!! Make Ron do the work, you can get the name. LOL.
I will check it out. I also think Ron should do all the work and I get the name. Thanks for the help everyone. And remember, if you are in the market for siding or windows, let me know...
Posted by Toni Rentschler (+1518) 11 years ago
I know if you make up the add, a one page deal , and give it to the Star they will put it in as a center leaf for under $300. That would be to all the Miles City Star and the farmers one.
Posted by Kacey (+3161) 11 years ago
Billings Outpost and Thrifty Nickel have services offered columns. I've hired several people from them when I needed work done.