The Football Game
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6170) 12 years ago
Who dat say dey gonna beat them Saints? Who dat?!
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15075) 12 years ago
I am cheering for the Colts.
supporter
Posted by Julie (+413) 12 years ago
GO SAINTS!
Posted by Lorin Dixson (+590) 12 years ago
Saints Richard how did I know your choice? Answer real R's NEVER EVER cheer for the underdog.

[This message has been edited by Lorin Dixson (2/7/2010)]
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3751) 12 years ago
Peyton Manning is gonna send Drew Breese back to Nah-Lins with his tail between his legs.
supporter
I was unaware that there was a real underdog in this game. On paper, this is the most evenly match SB in quite a while.

As a Broncos Fan, I have spent plenty of time cheering for the underdog.

My support of the Colts is mostly due to my dislike of New Orleans and the den of iniquity which it represents. Hopefully, the game will be decided on the field and not by the zebras or NFL league sentiment that wants to make reparation for Katrina.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr (2/7/2010)]
Posted by Josh Rath (+2311) 12 years ago
Who cares about the damned game. The commercials are where it's at!
Posted by polar bear (+515) 12 years ago
The Who? I loved them, but they are looking foolish. Time to retire, guys.
Posted by Josh Rath (+2311) 12 years ago
Pssh. The Who did an amazing job. Absolutely loved the show, also the awesome stage.
supporter
Posted by T Brown (+483) 12 years ago
The WHO (?) OMG...they sounded aweful....did not like!!!
Posted by mule train (+1049) 12 years ago
pick six!!!
Good game!
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4949) 12 years ago
I am so glad the Saints won tonight...Always nice to see an underdog come out on top!!
I wrote:

Peyton Manning is gonna send Drew Breese back to Nah-Lins with his tail between his legs.

Does anybody know the best way to serve crow?
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17660) 12 years ago
Well, Kyle, although I did not post it here....I too picked the Colts.

But as I really did not care, I was quite happy with the outcome.

My only complaint would have to be is the current state of the game. Pass, pass, pass. No more grinding it out with a star half back. Game in the hands of superstar quarterbacks. Period.

The new rules of leaving the QBs alone have left the defenses uncertain and soft. There needs to be some balance back the other way.
Posted by Lorin Dixson (+590) 12 years ago
The Saints have voted Peyton Manning the MVP
supporter
actually this is the MVP

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...ayer_Award
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1650) 12 years ago
Good thing it's a best of seven. Where's tomorrow's game?
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9297) 12 years ago
My support of the Colts is mostly due to my dislike of New Orleans and the den of iniquity which it represents. Hopefully, the game will be decided on the field and not by the zebras or NFL league sentiment that wants to make reparation for Katrina.

Unless the NFL is a lot more powerful than I'm aware of, I'm pretty sure you don't know what the word "reparation" means.
Posted by Steven Williams-Dey (+255) 12 years ago
GO SAINTS!!!!!
supporter
Richard, Richard, Richard. Have you ever been to NOLA? The French Quarter is not New Orleans. During my three years in the Crescent City I came to love its laid back attitude and incredibly rich culture. When I visit there in May (on a church mission trip) I'll drink a hurricane in your honor.
Posted by Zack Carey (+62) 12 years ago
im happy they won but i woulda loved to seen what had happened if manning hadn't thrown that pick and instead tied the game.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1910) 12 years ago
Now maybe Indonesia will win the World Cup!
supporter
Unless the NFL is a lot more powerful than I'm aware of, I'm pretty sure you don't know what the word "reparation" means.

I'm pretty sure you are ignorant of the power of the NFL. I used the word exactly as it is defined.

"the making of amends for a wrong one has done, by paying money to or otherwise helping those who have been wronged "

Have you ever been to NOLA? The French Quarter is not New Orleans. During my three years in the Crescent City I came to love its laid back attitude and incredibly rich culture. When I visit there in May (on a church mission trip) I'll drink a hurricane in your honor.

I have never been there. It is one of the few places I have no desire to visit.
supporter
Okay, I'll bite: what did the NFL do that requires them to make reparations for Katrina?
supporter
I love NOLA and all it's history and especially the delicious food!! Highly recommend a visit !!
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3718) 12 years ago
im happy they won but i woulda loved to seen what had happened if manning hadn't thrown that pick and instead tied the game.

Same here. I was nominally rooting for the colts but I am perfectly happy with the saints winning but that pick 6 made it very anticlimactic. It would have been much more exciting to watch the colts go for the tie. I think they said there has never been a superbowl that went into overtime.

Oh and <insert some kind of griping about people bringing politics into a football thread here>.
supporter
Posted by Bill Freese (+473) 12 years ago
Let's see. NFL owners are fat cats. Fat cats are Republicans. Republicans elected Dub'ya. And we all know about Dub'ya and Katrina. Yup. Reparations sounds like the right word.

As for New Orleans, I've only been there once, but we loved it.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the game. As a boy I picked the Saints and the Patriots to root for, since they had the best underdog status at the time. Held true for decades. All messed up, now.

[This message has been edited by Bill Freese (2/8/2010)]
supporter
That's too bad, Richard, but I'll still drink a hurricane (well, about 1/4 of one) in your honor.
Fat cats are Republicans.

I wonder if George Sorros, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet et al would agree?
supporter
I want to hear more about the NFL's Hurricane Control Device.
supporter
I heard it killed thirteen girls in the next county.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5100) 12 years ago
Yeah, it's true. Some old lady told me.
supporter
There's no hurricane control device that will stop me from having a hurricane while I'm in NOLA.
supporter
Posted by Chris Gamrath (+379) 12 years ago
Amen to that Wendy. I highly recommend the Hurricanes at Firzgeralds. 32 oz. of pure alcoholic perfection! :-D

And Richard I would say that New Orleans is definatly worth at least one visit. Do to the nature of the city and some of the low income (poverty) areas of the city, it's not a clean city by any means. That being said, it certainly does not encompass ALL of New Orleans which parts of are very beautiful and heaped full of rich culture and even more amazing food!

Most people avoid the South side of Billings... it doesn't mean they don't go there to see the rest of it. :-)