I wonder where MC would be per capita?
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1425) 10 years ago
Too drunk to report in.

FH
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14076) 10 years ago
That list has to be bogus. Gallup, NM isn't in the top 100?? Gallup should be in the top 5.

And Fort Wayne IN is #9 for the least drunk but in the top 92 of the drunkest communities. Very confusing.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5040) 10 years ago
Whatever metrics they used in this study do not reflect reality. Boston the soberest city? Milwaukee hanging around the mean?

[b]REALLY?????[b]
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2581) 10 years ago
It is interesting to read which direction this thread headed. I expected more comment on Billings being #3 on the list.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5040) 10 years ago
Kelly: I'm not really that surprised about Billings being high on the list. Guessing that DUIs per capita is one of the metrics, as well as % of binge drinkers from some survey.

There are other metro areas where drinking is more prevalent - i.e. any city in Wisconsin, many places in the northeast (Boston, Buffalo, etc...). Especially Buffalo. Crap, there's nothing to do there except eat wings, drink, and watch it snow.

Boston being the least drunk city is just stunning. Having spent some time there, I would have guessed they'd be with Billings at the top of the rankings.
Posted by mule train (+1046) 10 years ago
Wolf Point, MT? Ashland, MT? Browning, MT? Get me on a reservation and I'll show you drunk. When I used to run with the Assiniboines back in '99, those people would drink me under the table.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1907) 10 years ago
I think the key word here is city, mule train.
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1642) 10 years ago
Mule Train; The article ranks MAJOR US CITIES and I don't think places like Wolf Point, Ashland and Browning qualify as such. I'm not arguing that places such as those don't have an issue with drinking, just saying.
Posted by Christen LeBlanc Ramsey (+274) 10 years ago
to get a proper picture of the people of montana, they should do a ranking of states. i'm sure it'd be in the top 10.
Posted by mule train (+1046) 10 years ago
true dat...a major us city would not qualify any of those I mentioned earlier.

Major US city for drunkeness for me would be Anchorage, AK. Lot's of drunks.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14076) 10 years ago
For the next week or so New Orleans will be #1 on this list.
Posted by Maryann McDaniel (+252) 10 years ago
Who Dat?
Posted by Chuck Schott (+1287) 10 years ago
We just have to try harder here in Billings, unless your #1 the view never changes.