Anniversaries this year
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+9842) 10 years ago
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the Sacred Heart School gymnasium and the 50th anniversary of the start of construction on the Interstate passing Miles City.

It is the 100th anniversary of both the construction of the original Holy Rosary Hospital building and the founding of the Holy Rosary Hospital. It is also the 100th anniversary of the City starting to straighten out the Tongue River and creating a lake in the city park.

So, let's start celebrating!
Posted by A.Voice (+67) 10 years ago
Thats a pretty awesome Anniversary for our great Little Town!
supporter
Posted by Bill Zook (+489) 10 years ago
By golly, at least we have some history. Our fore fathers(and mothers)must have had a real get-'er-done attitude. Any one remember the 1990 Plan? MC spent something like $42,000 on it back in 1968.
founder
supporter
Posted by Gene Larson (+275) 10 years ago
And this year will be my Seventy-Fifth Anniversary, some day I'll be history, too! Ha! Ha?
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3105) 10 years ago
Today is the seven day anniversary of my being in Hawaii

Ammorette, I hope you are on the mend.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9686) 10 years ago
I heard a cloud was heading towards Hawaii and chaos was breaking out. Heaven forbid, shade.
Posted by Kacey (+3151) 10 years ago
Gene,
What day is your birthday?
Posted by Kacey (+3151) 10 years ago
Is there any kind of map that shows the original channels of the river?
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6169) 10 years ago
Tucker, I heard that it's especially lucky to sleep under a coconut tree while in Hawaii. Especially a tree full of overripe coconuts just about to fall. Lots and lots of coconuts.
Posted by Dave Golterman (+246) 10 years ago
It only took what, almost 20 years to finish I-94 in Eastern Montana? I remember driving to Billings back in the late 70's and having only two lane highway between Terry and Miles City. I believe the last section of east-west Interstate completed in Montana though was in the Columbus area on I-90. I remember a section of two lane there in 1982.
founder
supporter
It took 24 years to complete the Interstate. Why we were the first town bypassed and the last section finished (the section around the Diamond Ring interchange to the east) in 1984, the Highway Gods only know.
supporter
Posted by Bill Zook (+489) 10 years ago
Kacey: If you can find an aireal(sp) photo of MC from the late 1920s or early '30s, you can almost tell from the growth and thickness of the trees. There used to be some in my first classroom at CCDHS but were lost in the '70s. That's another story.
founder
supporter
I have the original 1884 plat map of Miles City at my office that shows the original channels. It's huge and blue so scanning it is not possible.
founder
supporter
Posted by Gene Larson (+275) 10 years ago
Kacey:

February 24th.
founder
supporter
I was also looking for a 25 year ago construction anniversary but all I could find was Taco John's adding their dining room. The 1980's were not good economically for Miles City. Still, I do like being able to eat inside at Taco John's when I snack on a churro.
Posted by Cassie (Opp-Kercheval) Walton (+43) 10 years ago
Today Jan. 30 is the 45 wedding anniversary for my wonderful parents..... Patricia and Russell Opp formally of Miles City now loving retirement (Dad retired 01-07-10 and Mom retires 02-04-10) in McMinnivlle OR.