CCDHS pregnate girls?
Posted by MiMi Huckelson (+48) 12 years ago
I heard there were like 10 people at the CCDHS pregnate. Does anyone know if it is true?
Posted by stef428 (+243) 12 years ago
True or not, one more reason why everyone should pressure our legislature to make it legal for schools to provide a better sex ed for our youth. Not only abstinance but also the availability of condoms. We need to educate our youth with all of their options, not just abstinence!
Posted by MiMi Huckelson (+48) 12 years ago
My daughter goes to school there and she said there was at least 4. Which is so sad, I cant even imagine.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6175) 12 years ago
No, it's too easy.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4942) 12 years ago
Most folks aren't even aware there is a shot that girls can take ONCE every three months for birth control..so darn easy to solve that problem if only parents would get involved...but they are so worried if they do that, their kids will take it as a license to have sex...so silly...I say give them the shot and tell them it is a vitamin...

[This message has been edited by howdy (1/19/2010)]
Posted by Ryan (+475) 12 years ago
Lets not just put it on the girls to make sure they are protected. It goes both ways.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+12212) 12 years ago
There is a implant that is good for three YEARS. Only works on girls, though. What we need is an birth control implant for boys.
supporter
Totally agree with Amorette!!!
I would rather educate my teens about having safe sex (condoms to hopefully protect against STDs and birth control to protect against pregnancy incase a condom breaks) than kid myself saying "not my kid" and then have to deal with an unplanned pregnancy. We were all teens once! Its hard to talk with your kids about this kind of stuff, that's why we need to start young and develop a trust relationship where our kids know they can talk to us about anything and us not immediately get judgemental and start to lecture. Education and trust is the key.
Howdy,
there are not so great side effects for the depo shot, it is not meant as a long term birth control
supporter
oh ok...didn't realize that, just know about it as my granddaughter takes it and for her it works well...In my day, we would have been quite pleased to have so many options...
Posted by polar bear (+507) 12 years ago
The depo is especially hard on teen girls. It can create even more emotional distress than normal puberty and can have some long lasting effects.
supporter
Posted by Tim Miles (+464) 12 years ago
Of course, way back, it was Acne and BO that helped keep the preg rate down.....
supporter
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9424) 12 years ago
IUD
supporter
Birth control keeps you from getting pregnant but does it keep you from getting pregnate?
Posted by RA (+646) 12 years ago
Depro is HARD on most females.....my wife's fibroid tumors were directly related to Depro. She was a grown woman....I would NOT do that to a young girl!
Posted by Cynthia A. (+195) 12 years ago
it needs to be more then sex ed, it needs to be life ed. what will happen if this happen? how many partners has this proposed partner had? are you willing to risk std's because you may not know? how do you plan to take care of a baby? are you willing to maybe give up your future plans to work to take care of a child? what if girl wants to have an abortion and boy doesn't support abortion? do you care enough about this person to deal with them for the rest of your life if there is a child? who is going to take care of the child while you finish school? I do not understand why people feel this falls on schools, it starts at home. Home. kids can be taught to think about consequence, and it starts when they are young, and it starts at home. Schools can educate till they are blue in the face, if a child is not taught consequence of action, sex ed does no good.
supporter
Posted by T Brown (+488) 12 years ago
My daughter got pregnant as a senior in HS. She was on Birth control plus a condom, and still got pregnant. It happens. Besides, I really don't think its anyones business if or how many girls at CCDHS are pregnant. Being a teenager is hard enough, the peer pressure is hard enough.....most of us that post on here are adults. Why on Gods green earth would you want to start rumors that you only have "heresay" about? For crying out loud.
Posted by mule train (+1054) 12 years ago
ummm...how about pulling out?
supporter
Some people are so fertile that nothing helps IMO...My husband used to joke that if I hung his pants next to mine on the clothes line, I would get pregnant...
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17954) 12 years ago
Ditto with mule train....

Crack sliding would also appear to be a viable option for today's teenagers. As it has in the past.
Posted by hallick (+119) 12 years ago
wow... 60% to 70% of all pregnant teens drop out of school.... Education and trust is the key(stef428) it is so easy to blame this one one of the teens, and usual the girl... it is so easy for the boy to walk away. it is left up to parent to raise these children. no i do not have a daughter that had a baby in school and not a son either. I do work in the system and see this all the time. So where are the parents? to these children...let talk about pulling out lets talk about shots.. NO..NO..NO...really? It is like having direction on TV on how to. I am so surprised that it going this way. Support on how not to... this is MILES CITY Mt. and what the heck do they got to do here.. I know that is life and we all did it but what was the birthrate back then? can you guys tell me that?
* Number of live births to 15-19 year olds: 435,436
* Birth rate for 15-19 year olds: 41.9 live births per 1,000 population
Nationally, the birthrate among 15-to-19-year-olds rose 1.4 percent from 2006 to 2007, continuing a climb that began a year earlier. The rate jumped 3.4 percent from 2005 to 2006, reversing what had been a 14-year decline.

I agree with Amorette Allison about what about the boys we need both sexes to have something.....
I agree with Amorette Allison
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15285) 12 years ago
Golly... didn't we just have this "discussion" before the holidays?? It would seem that to keep things in order next up ought to be a 'cuss-ion" about the swimming pool.

In my experience, the best birth control is parents who keep track of their kids. The great thing about raising boys is there is only one penis to keep track of...
founder
supporter
Heheheh. I surprise people sometimes.

What kept me on the straight and narrow--aside from being a geek with glasses and big nose--was the thought of trying to explain to my father. Shudder.
supporter
To all teens reading this thread: mule train and Gunnar are joking. Pulling out is not an effective way of preventing pregnancy. It's a great way to get pregnant though.

You two are very naughty.

[This message has been edited by Wendy Wilson (1/19/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4461) 12 years ago
Maybe, maybe not

http://abcnews.go.com/Hea...558&page=1

Other than that, you're really falling down on the job lately, Wendy

[This message has been edited by Rick Kuchynka (1/19/2010)]
supporter
Hmmmmm. Very interesting. Won't prevent STDs though.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1903) 12 years ago
Keep one foot on the floor?
supporter
Rick,

I am? Do tell.
supporter
How about jump up and down afterwards LOL....Gravity...
Posted by eeyoor (+47) 12 years ago
I agree it is not everyones business to worry about other peoples probs like this there is more yo worry about than how many teens are pregnant. Welfare don't help if they are under 18 so move on..

I can't believe people actually think the pull out method is that effective, lol

like the saying you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink..... Same with all people and forms of BC you can't make anyone use it no matter what or how much info you provide... let this rest it is the third post on teen pregs in like a month, I know some adults who should not have kids so ya

[This message has been edited by eeyoor (1/20/2010)]
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10018) 12 years ago
Uhh Rick, I'm glad Disney owns ABC otherwise that story could have gone bad. Likewise for the man boob link to the right.

Posted by Zack Carey (+66) 12 years ago
what would happen if that fat guy got a bad case of diarrhea in a instant? i dont think he would be moving very fast. haha sorry i think of those things
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6118) 12 years ago
I guess if you can't graduate from high school with the ability to spell, you might as well get SOMETHING out of the experience.
Posted by James Lynch (+204) 12 years ago
"dittos" to those who agree it is a problem that must be dealt with early and in the home. It is way past time that parents get more involved in a positive way in the lives of their children to guide them through the horrors of unplanned pregnacies as well as drug and alcohol and many other challenges they face.

I raised two children (boy & girl) and I thank God daily for the courage He gave me to by open, brutially honest, and instructive to my kids. They are far from perfect, as is my parenting, but they are both grown and leading productive lives. My son is 30 and gave us our first grandchild in July of '08 and our daughter is 22 and getting married this year.

I pray daily for all of our children in Miles City and we all need to take some of the responsibility for the next generation and see to it that we make a positive difference in the lives of those we are close to. Realize how your influence CAN make a difference.

Ok...(breath)...thanks for letting me put my 2 cents in...

[This message has been edited by James Lynch (1/20/2010)]
Posted by Lisa (+26) 12 years ago
stef,
My son is in the High School. Dr. Rauh lectured these kids over at the Jr. High when my son went to school there. When he was in 5th grade he was lectured there as well. He knew about sex and condoms in the 5th grade. It needs to be the parents responsibilty as well I think. I have talked w/my son the responsibility of having sex, babies, stds. I'm sure if you have kids you will/have as well. I worked at a elementary school a few yrs back, you won't believe what kids know in the 3rd grade! Parents need to be involved as well.
founder
supporter
The part of the brain that makes and understands long term plans isn't working in many adolescents. It's just plain not there yet. So telling kids about what happens "in the long term" can't register and be taken into account. They literally can not plan ahead. So, even if they know how a condom works, at the moment of hormones a'bubble, they don't care.
Posted by trey (+43) 12 years ago
How many girls are actually baby ovens? I heard there is only 1. Can anyone verify this?

[This message has been edited by trey (1/24/2010)]
Posted by Scott P (+106) 12 years ago
I know, this is a very serious subject. It should be taught at home.
I do have a suggestion for safe sex. Marriage Its all gone for the most part.
founder
supporter
There is probably always at least one girl pregnant at the high school at any given time, just the way there has been for years. I doubt if any year I was attending there wasn't at least one girl at either CCHS or SHHS who wasn't in the family way. 'Tis nature. I doubt if the percentages are any higher than they were 50 years ago. They just stay in school now and are more visible.
Posted by jerseygirl (+562) 12 years ago
by tellin them not to have sex is giving them every reason to have sex its about dissobeying parents no matter what education on it or not i am 18 and thats ussually why they have sex and get pregnant what you say or do is not gonna stop them from doing it they get pregnant cause they think its cool and gives them attention when it really just ruins there lives
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10018) 12 years ago
I think someone is missing a period, and then we have jerseygirl.
Posted by tjh (+139) 12 years ago
wow jerseygirl, I sure hope your parents didn't consider you ruining their lives. You'd think that if a person has a child they would be happy to have a kid. ya timing might be out of sorts but it's just a jumpstart on life!
supporter
I nominate tjh's as Stupidest Comment of the Month.
supporter
Second Wendy's motion...
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6118) 12 years ago
Thirded.

And what's worse, is that it diverted attention from Larry's comment, which is my nomination for the best post of the thread.

+1 to Larry!
Posted by Maryann McDaniel (+259) 12 years ago
Thanks, Larry, enjoyed your post!
Posted by tjh (+139) 12 years ago
Wendy were you not happy when you gave birth to your kids?

Yes the comment could have been taken wrong, but if you understand what i'm trying to say you will understand.
I have a brother who had his first kid at a young age, and I know other people who've had them even younger. I've asked them about it and they all say they are happy to have had thier kids, if forced them to grow up. Not to sit at home and do nothing during the summers, or to be out drinking and partying. They had to grow up and they are much better people today because of it.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15285) 12 years ago
but if you understand what i'm trying to say you will understand.

Are you related to Yoga Berra?
I had my daughter a few days after my 21st birthday. I felt young! I can't imagine what a teenager would be going through or how it would affect their family. My pregnancy was unplanned. Almost five years later I wouldn't change it for my life! I was forced to grow up and be a parent, a job that I love but that is also hard at times no matter if you're a single parent or married with "planned" pregnancies. I do however, wish I could have been about ten years older when I had my daughter (for her sake) but can't imagine life without her.
Posted by Josh Rath (+2303) 12 years ago
Pregnate... HAHAHAHAHAHA....
I watched the new lifetime movie, "the Pregnancy Pact". It would be a good movie to show to teens.
Posted by Christen LeBlanc Ramsey (+270) 12 years ago
perhaps we need to make condoms fashionable to these young people- sell them as making you better at intercourse. 'heck, all the best professionals use 'em to maximize their performance!'
Posted by eeyoor (+47) 12 years ago
I often wonder if some of you were teens and remember the chances you took before pointing fingers. Do you really think it is easy being a parent of teens and they are going to follow every rule you give them with out breaking a few behind the parents back, you sit there and say the parents need to do a better job and this and that but some parents do all they can at teach safe sex and the pros and cons of decisions and that does not mean the teens will listen to you at all. Things happen but you can't just sit and point fingers say parents are not doing enough, someare doing everything they can just to make ends meet and teach their kids right from wrong so stop pointing fingers and give parents a break.
founder
Posted by Ken Ziebarth (+318) 12 years ago
Wait, wait! I'm still trying to figure out if 'pregnate' is the opposite of 'impregnate'.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9424) 12 years ago
I'm just waiting for the picture of the football team jumping up and down with the caption: "Iz can pregnate girlz?"
Posted by jerseygirl (+562) 12 years ago
to tjh,to the comment you posted after the one i made. well i guess they did considering they put me up for adoption! that was a real dick move asshole!

[This message has been edited by jerseygirl (2/6/2010)]
supporter
jerseygirl, about your comment that telling your kids not to have sex just makes them want to do it more. Statistically, that is not true. Studies have shown that kids from families where sex is discussed between the parents and kids and the parents make it clear that sex is for adults, not children, the kids start their sexual activity at a later age than kids from homes where sex is not discussed.

And as an adopted child myself I say "Go Adoption!!"
Posted by Elaine Forman (+16) 12 years ago
How long is it going to take for people to understand that if two healthy people have sex, a pregnancy could result? Even if they are on the pill, use condoms, injections, implants, whatever, a girl/woman can get pregnant after having sex. Half of all abortions are the result of "contraceptive failure," so people need to quit thinking a woman gets pregnant because nothing was being used or think it's because birth control is used incorrectly. Birth control is not 100 percent. If two people are going to have sex they need to be honest with themselves and realize a pregnancy could occur and ask themselves if they are ready for that situation.
Posted by polar bear (+507) 12 years ago
Another thing to consider is parents letting kids date too young. Our pediatrician said there was a study showing that the average child had sex for the first time approximately 18 months after they begin dating in general. When we have 12, 13, 15, etc. kids dating you are allowing for a set up of a problem. There are some who believe people should not be dating until they are actually ready to look for a mate and have their educations pretty much out of the way. It has worked for some. Another option is group dating only until kids are adults.
supporter
Posted by Jonna (+283) 12 years ago
In addition to Polar Bear's comment:

Today's youth are bombarded with sex everywhere... in advertising, in television, even in the fashion industry. I look at the clothes being marketed to pre-pubescent girls and just want to vomit... if you don't want boys pressuring your girls to have sex at a young age, don't dress them in clothes that advertise their wares before they even have any. Makes me wonder what kind of predators design these outfits! Today's youth are 'in the know' about sex whether educated properly about it or not. All they have to do is turn on the TV and there it is.