Posted by stef428 (+235) 10 years ago
I, from Glendive, am meeting my dad, from billings, in miles city for a birthday dinner. anybody have any suggestions on where we should go? Don't want to spend a bunch, but no fast food. Would love your thoughts?
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14076) 10 years ago
Rib & Chop House
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4946) 10 years ago
Gallaghers Family Restaurant right on Haynes Ave by the interstate...Good food and not terribly expensive...
Posted by Chuck Schott (+1287) 10 years ago
Airport Inn, tell Martha I sent you.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+13658) 10 years ago
Listen to Chuck.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+14258) 10 years ago
Airport Inn is certainly a favorite of mine.

Mexico Lindo is another good choice.
Posted by VLC (+45) 10 years ago
Rib & Chop House is the best. The food is always hot and delicious.
Posted by OE (+30) 10 years ago
If you want a good meal and don't want to spend a bunch, then I'd recomment the Gallaghers or Airport Inn. Both have very good, generous portions and reasonable prices.

Airport Inn would be good if you have a hankering for pizza or something like finger steaks or a burger. If you're there around the noon-hour, they have excellent homemade soups. Gallaghers has a nice little soup and salad bar, good burgers and sandwiches or stuff like chicken fried steak and shrimp. They also have good desert for those with a sweet tooth.
The Boardwalk would also be a good choice. Very similar to Gallaghers.

Mexico Lindo is also very good and reasonably priced if you're looking for mexican cuisine.
Posted by Mindy B (+72) 10 years ago
If you want to eat on the cheap try the Boardwalk as they will give a free Birthday meal. Other places I would recommend but cost more are 519, Rib & Chop House, and Mexico Lindo. I like the Airport Inn but a lot of their food is like fast food as in burgers, fries and deep fat fried stuff. I also like the Crystal Pistol but same thing as Airport Inn, it isn't fast food but I wouldn't consider them for a special occasion
now I think I'm leaning more towards the airport inn, we're going for the evening meal and i'm bringing a cake with, hopefully they'll be ok with this.
i love coming to miles city, so many places to eat
Posted by Jimmie (+52) 10 years ago
Since when does a 12 inch pizza being a large mean generous portions?
supporter
sponsor
Posted by atomicg (+991) 10 years ago
Mexico Lindo can offer a great meal for under $10/each. The consistency in their quality of food and service is remarkable.
now leaning towards mexican...i have heard nothing but good things about it from everyone in glendive
Posted by jassar (+22) 10 years ago
the mexican place will also sing to your dad for his birthday and let him wear a sombrero. its a hoot. very good food for a reasonable price.

airport inn from what i remember allows one to bring their own birthday cake etc. they will reserve a table for you.
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1673) 10 years ago
Mexico Lindo, definitely.
Posted by poisonspaghetti (+283) 10 years ago
Airport Inn. It's not a visit to MC without eating there.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+13658) 10 years ago
Denise raises an important point, which I stunned off in my earlier read of your question....definitely Mexico Lindo, for the complete birthday experience.

Also......

i love coming to miles city, so many places to eat

There is no bigger tipoff than that, that you are from Glendive
Posted by dudemeister (+87) 10 years ago
MEXICO LINDO
MEXICO LINDO
MEXICO LINDO
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9661) 10 years ago
Is it just me, or does it seem strange "dudemeister" is speaking Spanish? How about repeating that in German?

I haven't been to most of the places, but from my last experience at the cinderblock hut now called Airport Inn, and from what I've heard, +1 to Mexico Lindo.
Posted by dudemeister (+87) 10 years ago
Mucho Gusto. Mi amor MEXICO LINDO!
he-he
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9661) 10 years ago
Mexico Lindo ist eine ausgezeichnete Wahl, und ich für die negative Haltung gegenüber dem Airport Inn appologize. Finger Steaks und Pizza für alle! Viva Las Vegas.

Ahh, nevermind, I don't know German ... probably just said to go screw a French poodle or something.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14076) 10 years ago
probably just said to go screw a French poodle or something.

french muslim poodle to be exact.
-----

Having lived in NM where they have authentic mexican food, I am always suspicious of the opinion of people, like myself, who grew up eating fingersteaks and belt busters, when they talk about "authentic mexican food". So I am wondering, what type of mexican food does Mexico Lindo serve (i.e. tex-mex, snornian, baja). Do they use yellow or white corn in their cooking? Where do they get their green chilies? How are their margaritas?
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3715) 10 years ago
New Mexico does NOT have "authentic" Mexican food. They have authentic New Mexican food. "Authentic" is a useless word in this context. I have lived in Arizona and California and I used to travel to Albuquerque and Sante Fe for work very often. Mexican food in all 3 places is very different and the food at Mexico Lindo is different from any of those places. Just rest assured that Mexico Lindo is not Taco Bell. They have a huge menu and the average Miles Citian has probably never heard of 80% of the stuff on it. The owners are from Chihuahua and they know how to cook and they know how to run a restaurant.
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1673) 10 years ago
Right on Levi! Kind of like how tater tot hot dish is different everywhere you go, but it's still called tater tot hot dish.
supporter
Posted by Bill Freese (+482) 10 years ago
The fact that dudemeister is speaking Spanish did not bother me, but poisonspaghetti giving advice on where to eat...
Posted by TK (+1625) 10 years ago
The Iron Horse is pretty good and reasonable (formerly The Cattle-Ac).
Rib & Chop house is alright, a little spendy, but I think the quality of their steaks is decreasing--last time we ate there, I had my usual--a tenderloin fillet--but it was awful--it was very fatty and gristly and I couldn't eat most of it.
Airport Inn is good and Gallagher's isn't bad.
If you like Mexican food, I highly recommend Mexico Lindo--I've only been there a couple times, but the food is awesome---I don't think it's too spicy, you get WAY more than what you think you'd get and the prices are extremely reasonable. Plus the employees are ALWAYS friendly and ready to serve you; and you get "free chips & salsa" before you order!
Posted by Christen LeBlanc Ramsey (+274) 10 years ago
i'd say airport inn. i haven't eaten there in 10 years and to this day have:
1. never found anything similar
2. still have cravings for their cheese pizza
Posted by tim bartolovich (+124) 10 years ago
go to the Iron horse the food is great
Posted by poisonspaghetti (+283) 10 years ago
That's why I eat out.
supporter
Posted by T Brown (+480) 10 years ago
Definately Mexico Lindo....ate there tonight!!! It was AWESOME!!!
Posted by Jaylene Tennant (+132) 10 years ago
Definitly Boardwalk!! no Rip n chop
Posted by Della Haverland (+44) 10 years ago
You should try the 519 on Main St. They have fantastic food. It would be a great place for a birthday meal! Way better than Rib and Chop House. I do like Mexico Lindo, but for a special meal the 519 would be best!!
Posted by Bartholomew (+7) 10 years ago
Mama Stella's has great pizza and hamburgers.
Posted by Laura Sevier (+1744) 10 years ago
Go to the Boardwalk, if it is your birthday you get a free meal. Everyone gets ice cream after the meal.