Posted by Kacey (+3151) 10 years ago
Miles City has lost another who has touched so many lives. My sympathies to Marty's family.
Posted by Leif Ronning (+68) 10 years ago
Marty was a great guy and will be missed by many people. He worked with my brother Al years ago and I will with great sadness be letting him know of his passing. will miss ya buddy, Leif
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+9865) 10 years ago
Man, this has been a bad January. Poor Denise has had some many obituaries lately she can hardly fit them in. And, again, Marty was around my age and therefore only a kid!
Martin "Marty" Lemelin age 81, of Miles City.
Family to Receive Friends: Monday, January 18, 2010 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at Stevenson & Sons Funeral Home in Miles City.
Funeral service: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 at 11:00 a.m. at the First United Methodist Church in Miles City.
Interment: Eastern Montana State Veteran's Cemetery with full military honors provided by VFW Post 1579.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+9865) 10 years ago
Must be the father of the Marty Lemelin I know. Or I'm a whole lot older than I thought.
Marty Lemelin Jr. had died before his dad. Now they are both gone.
supporter
Posted by Ken Minow (+380) 10 years ago
Marty Sr. taught the electronics class at MCCVo-Tech years ago.Good guy.RIP
Posted by Rydog (+68) 10 years ago
He will be greatly missed. He was a really nice guy and we were lucky to have him as a neighbor. Our deepest sympathies and condolences to the family.
supporter
Posted by Chris Gamrath (+377) 10 years ago
I had Marty as a teacher at MCC back in '94 and '95 and I'm sure one of things that will be missed most will be his heartfelt laugh. Any teacher there would tell you, they knew when Marty got to the school in the morning, because at some point you'd hear him laughing in his office or whomever's office he was sharing a joke with at the time.

As a kid, I always kind of thought it unfair for someone to be that happy first thing in the morning (ie, Ed Mayberry) but know understand it's one of the sure fire things to keep you young at heart. And when nothing else is working, remember the K.I.S.S theory!

You will be missed Marty
Posted by montanaman (+301) 10 years ago
I to had Martin as a teacher in 93, and 94 he was a great guy. Chris remembered the kiss principal but what about if you assume you make as ass out of you and me.Also if you were in his class you were a Lemelin's gremlin.First thing in class was about a 30 minute b.s. session, and then what was on the news the night before.Then we got down to electronics, but if you wanted toget him off subject or task you asked him about the army air corp.service time he had.He was like George Burns delievered jokes just like him and his wifes name was Gracey.
supporter
Posted by Chris Gamrath (+377) 10 years ago
Not to sidetrack the importance of this thread but... who you be Montanaman? Were you part of the "coffee crew" or part of the "pinochle crew"? lol