Verizon Wireless Introduces Unlimited Plans!
Posted by Josh Rath (+2324) 13 years ago
This is a BIG woohoo for me. I am on their 89.99 a month plan, which includes unlimited text pic and video, along with 900 anytime minutes. Now, for the same 89.99 a month. I have literally unlimited minutes a month. Yeah, check it out.

http://www.prnewswire.com...87552.html
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15488) 13 years ago
I wonder if that is related to the rumor that the iSlate is supposed to use Verizon 3G wireless?

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr (1/15/2010)]
Posted by jerseygirl (+570) 13 years ago
really? im on a plan with unlimited text pic vid and 1400 talk time for 180 dollars and i have ppl on my plan thats the bill we pay is 180 unless somone downloads something then its more
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3718) 13 years ago
I assume that the data plan is on top of that?

I want to go the other way. I want the $29.99 a month plan I used to have with Sprint that gave me 200 minutes + unlimited nights and weekends. I never went over the minutes and now I would be even less likely to.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1910) 13 years ago
Is Verizon the short, fat guy with fuzzy hair or one of the other nerdish guys? I need to know. This is how I make important decisions.
Nerdy guy. Short Curly guy is sprint.... Verizon guy is in red.

[This message has been edited by Josh Rath (1/15/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6171) 13 years ago
Good Lord! 180 dollars a month for a phone? That seems ridiculous to me. I get my phone, internet and cable for less than that.
I currently pay 110 a month for my cell phone, which also provides TV and internet on the go.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+12612) 13 years ago
When people ask why I am a Luddite and have no cellphone, my response is "I can't afford it." Especially when all I would do with a phone is make a phone call. I know, I know. Texting my posse and browsing the internet or watching movies on an itty bitty little screen is what really counts but all I want to do is make a phone call and for what is charged, I'll stick with my cheapo land line.
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3751) 13 years ago
I'll stick with my cheapo landline.

Better enjoy that landline while you still can Amorette.

http://www.macworld.com/a...dline.html
Yeah, Landlines are on their way out. Considering, IMO, a cellphone is a better deal nowdays. You aren't tethered to your home, it is great to have when driving in bad weather conditions, and it is a portable calculator.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3718) 13 years ago
I pay more for my land line than my cell phone. The land line does have unlimited long distance, but for the amount that I use it, the cell at $36 a month could cover me no problem if it only worked at my house.
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3751) 13 years ago
I think that once cell service becomes more reliable and "stable" especially in areas like Miles City where coverage isn't that widespread then land lines might cease to exsist.

Until then I don't see them going away any time soon.
supporter
Posted by Emilie Boyles (+251) 13 years ago
I'm with you Ammorette. I have a cell only for/through work. BUT I've gone cheaper than a landline. For years I used Yahoo Voice phone. (Paid $2.99/month outgoing and one cent a minute anywhere outgoing)...when they started charging an addition cent for connection fee for outgoing calls I went to MagicJack. I've had it since last summer and have been very happy with it...40 first year, 20 every year after, and big discounts if you pay for multiple years. I've had good service...and, since you obviously have internet to get on here, it may be a good alternative..and a cheaper one at that!
Posted by RA (+642) 13 years ago
Before land lines become extinct in eastern Montana, cell phone coverage has GOT to improve!! You don't have to get too far out of Miles City (and a short distance from the Interstate) and BAMM!! No Service! Have more than one friend that has to walk around out in their yard holding their cell phone up, down, all around trying to get a signal so they can make a call. Now that I think of them doing their cell phone dance - sure would make a funny commercial!!
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15488) 13 years ago
It is kind of funny to hear people talk about the demise of landlines. I think it was about 1969 or 70 when they put landline in out in the Pine Hills. So it wasn't that long ago.
Posted by Food Critic (+36) 13 years ago
I wouldn't write off land lines- cell phone coverage leaves much to be desired in rural America, and eastern Montana is no exception.
You all are missing something here. Can you take your landline anywhere BUT your home? No. So does it matter if we have or dont have coverage everywhere? No. Why? Because you people who only use a landline can use a cell phone the same way, but you are not tethered to your home.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4949) 13 years ago
Landlines are still important as people need service at their homes...Many homes (including mine) have no service yet for cells..
Posted by TK (+1628) 13 years ago
If landlines are going to be phased out, then they'd better hurry up and get a heck of a lot more towers up EVERYWHERE--I live out of town and don't get service until I hit the Interstate!