New Accounts, Does anyone know why?
Posted by Todd Riddle (+87) 10 years ago
A buddy wanted to know how to post on here but it wont let him use his email saying that a "free" email couldnt be used????

Who pays for there email account and why wont it let him?

Any input would be appreciated all
Posted by Josh Rath (+2313) 10 years ago
Todd, that means you need an ISP email address. IE @midrivers.com, @comcast.com, @roadrunner.com.
Posted by SS66 (+442) 10 years ago
Its a widely used practice to help reduce spammers. I wouldnt say its very effective though..
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9851) 10 years ago
Every ISP provides an e-mail address to you. I understand in some households, where more than one person uses the same ISP, this can be an issue; however, free e-mail accounts themselves have caused problems in the past, and they are currently locked down.

SS66: I'd say the system works pretty well. I don't see much spam showing up on here.

In any case, if one were to e-mail [email protected], I often will provide instructions for setting up an account, even when a free e-mail address is used. It's just a matter of asking.

Regards, Larry
Posted by Todd Riddle (+87) 10 years ago
Thank you all, Ill let him know and pass on the info.

Hope to see him on here soon

~me
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9851) 10 years ago
@hotmail.com, @gmail.com and @yahoo.com e-mail addresses have been removed from the lockdown, for the time being. Regards, Larry
Posted by MG (+113) 10 years ago
Every ISP provides an e-mail address to you. I understand in some households, where more than one person uses the same ISP, this can be an issue;

Some may not realize that midrivers will support 2 e-mail addresses per internet customer at no extra charge.
Posted by Zack Carey (+64) 10 years ago
hey thanks for the info i have been trying to join for a while i have qwest and they use hotmail so wasnt able to join. so thanks again
Posted by copiluwak (+23) 10 years ago
Zack, I use Qwest and am on here...just call Qwest get an internet advisor and ask them to set up an internet account for you on windows live mail which you should already have . That is a q.com account and it will then work.
Copi
Posted by Zack Carey (+64) 10 years ago
we just changed to them and i just used my current hotmail account already for it but its ok cause the webmaster changed it to where "free" accounts could join... finally
supporter
Posted by Ingird Emilsson (+206) 10 years ago
If you have Qwest, you can add email accounts at the Member Center http://member.q.com - this will give you a q.com email address. Qwest provides 10 additional email accounts under the main account.