NFL Playoffs and Superbowl
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15202) 12 years ago
Any favorites for the superbowl?

I am torn between AZ and the Vikings from the NFC. Definitely pulling for the Colts in the AFC.

Thoughts?
Posted by Keri (+36) 12 years ago
Having a hard time in our house! Got a Vikes fan and a Colt fan! In the end, I'm hoping the Colts pull it off!
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3708) 12 years ago
I want to see Saints vs. Colts. As long as AZ doesn't go again I won't be too upset though.
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1434) 12 years ago
Vikings / Colts.

Colts.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1913) 12 years ago
SD/Dallas

SD
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1791) 12 years ago
Vikings/Chargers

Vikes...since I live in the Twin Cities I'd love to see them get off the "never won a Super Bowl" shneid while I'm here...and with that fella borrowed from the Packers, they have the tools to do it this year.

Plus, there's constant speculation that the Vikings may be moving to another city once the contract with the Metrodome ends and they can't get a new stadium built...would rather they win a Super Bowl while they're still in the area.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6116) 12 years ago
Now that the Packers are done, I'm hoping that the dirty Vikings Brett Favre's team can humble the Cowboys and advance.

I'll pull for Twin Cities' Professional Football Team so long as #4 is their QB. When he's done with them, so will I. But until then ...

Go Vikes!
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17814) 12 years ago
Well, the inner core of the earth can reach absolute zero, and I still wouldn't root for the Dallas Cowboys.....

I guess I am pulling for a Vikings/Jets Super Bowl, with the Jets squeaking past the 'Queens for a win. Then, the Bills would no longer be tied with them for the Biggest Losers....the 'Queens would own that title!

My hopes and dreams aside, I predict Cardinals will beat Dallas for the NFC championship, while San Diego beats Indianapolis...with San Diego winning it all.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5103) 12 years ago
Gunnar:

Two words - Norv Turner
supporter
You are on to something, Bob.....San Diego beating Dallas in the Super Bowl would be especially sweet.

Only part I don't like about that scenario is that it requires Dallas winning two more playoff games.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5103) 12 years ago
I'm either on to something or on something.

Not sure which.
Posted by Slosh (+697) 12 years ago
I have a serious man-crush on Peyton Manning (he's the only qb that even closely resembles Marino in my mind). So I'm going for the Colts.

And, the Dolphins should have signed Brees (but in their infinite wisdom, decided Culpepper would be better.) So I've had a thing for Brees too.

So, I'm taking the cop-out pick and calling Indy over New Orleans, 52-49
Posted by Zack Carey (+64) 12 years ago
as long as the cowboys or vikings dont win, i dont care.
Posted by hoozi (+108) 12 years ago
would love to see the vikings kick some butt and go to the super bowl!!!! This could be their year, I hope they can pull it off!! I am a huge Vikings fan along with the rest of my family!! I will be crossing my fingers, lol
supporter
Posted by T Brown (+486) 12 years ago
I'm pulling for a Vikings/Jets superbowl......with the Vikes winning of course. I have a "female" crush on Brett....always have, always will!!!!
supporter
Posted by Chris Gamrath (+381) 12 years ago
Vikings/Jets would be an interesting matchup as it would be 2 of Brett Favre's teams neither of which are the Packers! lol (sorry Brian)

That being said, given everything that New Orleans has been through in the past few years, I really have a hard time choosing who I'd want to lose that game.

Sad to say, as good as he is, I still have to cheer for anyone playing the Colts. I don't know what it is about Manning, but I just can't bring myself to really like him. Is he the smartest player to ever play the game of football? Almost definatly so. Do I want him to wim? J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!
Posted by Zack Carey (+64) 12 years ago
i have not missed a super bowl or a dolphins game in 7 years. if its the jets and vikings, i will not watch the SB. it would be a looong off season of listening to either the jets or vikings as SB winners.
Chris wrote:
Vikings/Jets would be an interesting matchup as it would be 2 of Brett Favre's teams neither of which are the Packers! lol (sorry Brian)

No worries, Chris. I am - and will always remain - a Packers fan, just as I am - and will always remain - a Brett Favre fan and whatever team he plays for (even if it is the Vikings).

The Packers made great strides this year. It's too bad they couldn't do more in the playoffs, but I'll take an 11-5 season over a 6-10 season anyday. And I've truly enjoyed watching Aaron Rodgers play.

As far as Brett Favre's Team is concerned, if they make it to the Super Bowl (and hopefully win it), I'll be happy because I'll be able to hold over Vikes fans head that it took the greatest player in Packers history to finally deliver a Lombardi Trophy to Minnesota.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Saints win the Super Bowlm, either. They're my second choice.

Sad to say, as good as he is, I still have to cheer for anyone playing the Colts. I don't know what it is about Manning, but I just can't bring myself to really like him. Is he the smartest player to ever play the game of football? Almost definatly so. Do I want him to wim? J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

Seconded. I have a great deal of respect for Peyton Manning, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching in person a classic between his Colts and Brett's Packers at Lambeau in 2000, but he just bores me. He's truly great, but truly boring.
supporter
I am hoping the Vikings lose for no other reason than so we don't have to listen to the color commentator go "BRETTFAVREBRETTFAVREBRETTFAVREBRETTFAVREBRETTFAVREBRETTFAVREBRETTFAVRE
BRETTFAVREBRETTFAVREBRETTFAVREBRETTFAVREBRETTFAVREBRETTFAVREBRETTFAVRE"
all the way through the superbowl with hours of featurettes about him before the game etc. I like Favre but I am so sick of hearing commentators talk about him I can hardly keep from changing the channel whenever his name comes up.

I also hope that the Jets lose because I hate it when a subpar team makes the superbowl and that is what I think they are.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2107) 12 years ago
SB: Vikings vs Colts

Winner Colts
supporter
I was "slightly off" with my SD/Dallas pick. Now I'm going Colts/Aints.
Colts win in a close one.
Posted by Terri (+17) 12 years ago
My son say's it is going to be the Saints & the Colts... and the Saints are going to win....
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15202) 12 years ago
I was "slightly off" with my SD/Dallas pick.

Slightly off?? .... More like the games were played in the 505 area code and you picked 406.

At this point, it is anybody but the Saints. I would prefer Jets/Vikings or Colts/Saints as that would give me a clear favorite for which to cheer. Vikings/Colts is tough because I like both teams QB.
supporter
No, Richard. The way the games went, it's more like I tried to call Two Dot but got Uranus.
supporter
Well. The Colts have scored to make things close going into the half, but I'm thinking my latest picks are even "better" than my last ones.
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1791) 12 years ago
all ... Favre ... had ... to ... do ... was ... run ... with ... the ... ball ... on ... the ... Vikes ... last ... possession ... in ... regulation ... and ... then ... let ... Longwell ... kick ... the ... fieldgoal ... and ... the ... Vikes ... would ... have ... WON ... it!!!

[Edited by MilesCity.com Webmaster to fix the page layout issue]
supporter
Way to break the forum Shu.

The Vikings lost that game like 7 times and I still wasn't sure the Saints were going to pull it out.
Dammit, Brett.

Of course, he was just doing AP a solid by taking the heat away for all of Butterfinger Peterson's fumbles.

Oh well.
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4459) 12 years ago
I've heard Brett's a pretty strong Catholic, so I'm surprised he didn't remember his WWJD (What Would John Do) on such a critical play.
supporter
Rick's right. Goat Boy would have definitely ran for 5 yards and slid to safety, instead of lobbing a duck across the field.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9380) 12 years ago
I hate it when Rick's right.
Posted by Chuck Schott (+1292) 12 years ago
Colts. And I don't care if I see it.
Rick - Elway would have handed it off to Terrell Davis ... who would NOT have fumbled three times.

Bridgier wrote:
I hate it when Rick's right.

Me too, except that he's not.

[This message has been edited by Brian A. Reed (1/25/2010)]