founder
Posted by David Schott (+16446) 11 years ago
No, not the mine, the beer. I was reading a review of winter beers and the name of this one caught my eye.

http://www.victorybeer.co..._king.aspx
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14664) 11 years ago
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16560) 11 years ago
Its okay, but I can brew one better.

My tastes tend to lean toward the big porters from the Baltic states:

supporter
Posted by howdy (+4948) 11 years ago
the title of this thread made me think back many years to the TV series called Sky King about a rancher/pilot that rescued and solved crimes with his plane the Songbird...Anyone else old enough to remember that??
supporter
Posted by MRH (+1479) 11 years ago
Anyone else old enough to remember that??

Yes, Howdy I remember the show and also thought about it when reading the title of this thread.

How much snow do you have at your place? It drifted pretty good around here last night.
supporter
Its okay, but I can brew one better.

Maybe you should be using "google hops" in your mash.
founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+930) 11 years ago
If we're posting pictures, doesn't anyone drink St. Pauli Girl beer anymore?
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4948) 11 years ago
a few inches but with all the drifts, I wouldn't have a clue how to measure it MRH...what a yucky day!!!
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16560) 11 years ago
If we're posting pictures, doesn't anyone drink St. Pauli Girl beer anymore?

Oh Bart.....my poor little naive bumpkin hayseed Miles City friend.....drinking skunky green bottled beer is SO 1980s....
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16446) 11 years ago
Posted by Mindy B (+73) 11 years ago
I thought of the Plow King from the Simpsons, anyone remember that?
founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+930) 11 years ago
I have not actually had a Pauli Girl beer since the 80s . . . they charge way too much. For a long time Moosehead was my choice (yes, again a green bottled beer). Real joy was a steak dinner and Moosehead down at the Hole in the Wall. Today, like my coffee, I want the beer dark and strong. Someday Gunnar I want to try some of your own brew.
supporter
Bart, don't you think that as "punishment" for not coming to the 79 class reunion last summer that Gunnar should bring some of his finest dark beer to the 1980 reunion this summer. It is likely that he bought beer for underclassmen before, so this would be like tradition or old times.