Wizard of Oz
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4950) 11 years ago
"The Wizard of Oz" is 70 years old. If Dorothy were to encounter men with no brain, no heart, and no courage today, she wouldn't be in Oz, she'd be in Congress...
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1432) 11 years ago
Kinda' fitting because I think TWWOO is replete with political as well as social commentary anyway. I think seeing the relationship is somewhat intended, if not from a different time? I don't think it's purely a piece of literature for the kids.

Having said that, though, there's a mathematical angle to your comment, too:

It's been scientifically quantified that if we took all the currently active politicians in the United States as of 2009 and placed them end-to-end (head to foot) around the moon... we'd all be better off.

[This message has been edited by Dan Mowry (12/22/2009)]
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4950) 11 years ago
LOL, have to agree with you Dan...Both political parties are simply opposite sides of the same coin IMO...
Posted by Steve Sullivan (+1316) 11 years ago
It's been scientifically quantified that if we took all the currently active politicians in the United States as of 2009 and placed them end-to-end (head to foot) around the moon... we'd all be better off.

So far this is just theory. There are plenty of theories out there. What we need is a good old fashioned experiment to prove the theory...or disprove. Either way I'm all about hard science.
supporter
I'm in!

...gittarope.
Posted by Kacey (+3153) 11 years ago
And I thought this might actually be a forum about the Wizard of Oz for longtime fans.
supporter
Nope, that's over here:
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/the-wizard-of-oz