What's everyone listening to- Part III
supporter
Posted by Stone (+1598) 11 years ago
We need distractions.

The Band- Across the great Divide. They are the greatest band in history and I can not go a week without listening to them.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9925) 11 years ago
I must disagree, the greatest band in history, was either The Beatles or Pink Floyd. Just adding my input so we can, as you hinted, change the subject.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6015) 11 years ago
The Greatest Band in History?

- I have to go with Led Zeppelin.

The Greatest Band of the Present?

- For me, at least, that would be Tool or Metallica.

As for what I am listening to now?

- Clutch, Journey and Megadeth.
supporter
Posted by T Brown (+479) 11 years ago
I'm gonna have to say that the greatest band in history is The Eagles.

As for now.....I'm loving The Fray & Nickleback....But I enjoy Kelly Clarkson, Pink, Beyonce, Too many to list. I enjoy a lot of different music.

But....I'm definately not enjoying the bombardment of Christmas music at this time.
Posted by Sharon Clarke (+76) 11 years ago
My favorite: The Eagles!
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9925) 11 years ago
I agree, you've got to love The Eagles ... but then you've also got Eric Clapton, George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers, Led Zeppelin, etc. All of a sudden the list becomes complicated.

I'll stick with The Beatles as my first choice, only because it was easy, and it seemed like every single 45 they released, not only was side A a number one hit, but side B was as well.

BTW, kids, you may not know what a 45, 78 or 33 was ...
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14506) 11 years ago
When I was a kind we had a 45 of the song "We're off to see the wizard..." which we would play at 78 and drive my mom nuts. It sounded like Alvin and the Chipmunks.
supporter
Posted by T Brown (+479) 11 years ago
I definately remember 45's....I had lots of those in the 70's!!!
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6015) 11 years ago
The Eagles make me wish I had a .45.
supporter
Posted by john newcomer (+300) 11 years ago
Found a cool version of the old Crosby Stills & Nash-Find the cost of freedom on youtube-from one of David Gilmour's shows-different but very cool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Y0SMitMpk cut and paste to watch

[This message has been edited by john newcomer (12/12/2009)]
Posted by mule train (+1057) 11 years ago
The greatest band of all time is the Rolling Stones.

I have been listening to the new Black Crowes album a lot....Stone you should check it out as a number of the tracks sound a lot like the Band.

Mixed compilations are also in the rotation with Gunnar's "Loud Music Vol. 2" and My very own, "Silk Road Blues" and "BHS 2009"
Posted by Dave Golterman (+244) 11 years ago
I'm listening to the Griz game with Appy State right now. It's 7-0 Griz.

Otherwise I've been listening to a lot of podcasts. I really enjoy Leo Laporte's variety including TWiT (This Week in Tech) and others available at http://twit.tv
supporter
I'm currently down loading Dave Mathew's live at Radio City Music Hall- with Tim Reynolds.
Posted by mtgman (+95) 11 years ago
Saxon:Strong arm of the law.
Posted by Matt - Schmitz (+168) 11 years ago
Puddle of Mud - Come Clean! The first track is "Control", and it must be played very loud. Crank it up and let your ears bleed a little. It really doesn't hurt that much.

I love the way you look at me
I love the way you smack my ass
I love the dirty things you do
When I have control of you

That's just great song writing right there.
Followed closely by the second track, "Drift and Die". The entire CD is very good, but these 2 tracks are exceptional.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6166) 11 years ago

You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life
See that girl, watch that scene, digging the Dancing Queen

[This message has been edited by Wendy Wilson (12/15/2009)]
supporter
Thanks for the tip Matt. I have listened to them-my wife owns a CD. I'll give it a closer review, she is an old big hair girl from the hair band days and still keeps in touch with the Rock Music.