He's Ba-ack... (and a note to the Webmaster)
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2743) 12 years ago
I'm sure everyone is aware by now that Rob Shipley's posting privileges have been reinstated.

The timing of this event strikes me as questionable.

If Larry felt that Rob had spent enough time in the Cone of Silence and it was just plain time to allow him to engage in online conversations again, then hurray for that. IMO: No mc.commie should be permanently banned -- at least not on the first or second offense. A three-strike rule might be justified - tho I would hate to be Larry and have to keep track of such things...

BUT (or for Heath's pleasure, BUTT!), it seems more than probable that Rob's reinstatement is connected to the Mayor's recent troubles. Let's call it the WWRSS curiousity and fascination factor (WWRSS = What Would Rob Shipley Say?) If that's the case, then it is a sad day indeed at milescity.com. Again, IMO: A person who has been ostracized from mc.comland shouldn't be reinstated merely for the entertainment value of watching him or her blast off into the stratosphere once again.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10001) 12 years ago
Rob asked, and I reinstated his posting privileges. I typically do that when someone requests.
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1272) 12 years ago
And Steve, if you don't play nice, you too will have the opportunity to ask to have your posting ability back!
supporter
I was aware when I posted the note that I might be taking a step that would give many people cause for celebration. And I support the Webmaster's sovereignty in that regard. If and when I earn that lump, I'll take it.

Larry, I appreciate your quick response. I posted this publicly rather than a personal email to you because I figured others would be considering the same thing. I'm glad to hear it was so simple.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6014) 12 years ago
Couldn't we just pool our money to buy a monkey, a stick and a cage?
Posted by Josh Rath (+2305) 12 years ago
well duh, of course Rob asked! Be prepared for the havoc!
supporter
Very well stated, Josh. The mayor thread has already become "All Rob - All the Time" -- No surprise there.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14950) 12 years ago
and..... giving ..... new meaning..... to...... having a ...... period.....
Richard wrote:
and..... giving ..... new meaning..... to...... having a ...... period.....

You almost have the imitation down pat, Richard. You JUST NEED TO ADD SOME ALL-CAPS and ... EXCLAMATION POINTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1905) 12 years ago
I wonder if William Shatner posts like that. I mean, hell, that's how he talks.
I will NOT sit idly by while you besmirch the good name of William Shatner, Bob.

supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1272) 12 years ago
Brian, we already have that, and it didn't require any pooling of money. This is a free show!
True. And I actually like (and have respect for) monkeys.
Posted by Derf Bergman (+583) 12 years ago
I wonder if William Shatner posts like that. I mean, hell, that's how he talks.

There's . . . somethingonthewing . . . SOME . . . THING.
supporter
Posted by Julie (+419) 12 years ago
I LOVE DERF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9919) 12 years ago
Steve,

It does seem somewhat akin to opening Bedlam up to public tours as was done in the good old days, with the exception that admission isn't being charged.

I don't know Rob well. I know him the way you know folks when you grow up in a small town and live there for 30 years. But it surely does seem that he is not the healthy person he once was.

I find the way he treated here to be disturbing and even wrong. Perhaps it is not wrong at a grave and serious level, but it is wrong nonetheless.

Oh yes, I know. The usual rationale is behind the way many people treat Rob here:
He started it. . .
He's asking for it. . .
It's amusing and entertaining to egg him on. . .
He's a vulnerable (and thus safe) target. . .

And yes, I know. It makes some people here feel good about them selves to take him on and feel that they've won a victory.

But none of that makes for a right. Trotting him out periodically for display and then tucking him away when he becomes tiresome isn't right. Nor is standing around in a circle and baiting him until he performs to expectation.

And Larry, I really don't care, if you want to gag me for disagreeing with the way you handle this - do it. Mc.com will survive without me - and I can find other ways of spending time.

And for those who feel good about sticking it to Rob - ask yourself what that says about you.
supporter
Exactly Hal. Thank you for stating those concerns much better than I ever could - even though I try, try try.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 12 years ago
Please notice that I have also refrained from entering the fray. Hal and Steve showed me the light.
supporter
Wendy, your restraint has not gone unnoticed. In fact, you've been awarded extra points for your stellar behavior!

Unfortunately, we also had to give you an equal number of demerits for recently failing to correct Heath's multiple misspellings. You'd think a Know It All who loves loves loves to call people hypocrites would know the correct spelling is NOT "hipocrite" - but obviously Heath doesn't.

(P.S. to Heath: I'm still waiting to hear if you've accepted the deal. What's taking so long?)

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (12/5/2009)]
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 12 years ago
I have practiced restraint as well with Rob, thanks to Steve showing me the light...Agree totally also with Hal..
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 12 years ago
I know I have not been living up to Gunnar's nickname for me. If I attempted to correct everyone who posts I'd be sitting here 24 hours a day. Some members of this site will never post a single time without multiple mistakes. I just can't keep up. Plus it starts to make me a little crazy after awhile. I'm going to pick my battles more carefully from now on.

Do I still earn this?

supporter
Gee Wendy, I thought you already had FOUR of those on each shoulder. But if you feel the need for more, have at 'em!

One question: Do gold stars stick to magic underwear? hehe
supporter
By far the funniest comment on here today, Steve....ROFL
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14950) 12 years ago
One question: Do gold stars stick to magic underwear?

Only if they come from Utah's favorite decaf coffee house... "starbutts".
supporter
and the runner up in the contest for funniest comment was made by Richard LOL.....
If Rob considers himself to be a fully-capable rational human being, then he can be treated like a fully-capable rational human being and suffer the proverbial slings and arrows like any other fully-capable rational human being.

If he doesn't, he can either go away voluntarily or at least refrain from being verbally abusive when he posts on here (or emails people to call them "verbose fellaters"). He can't have it both ways.
supporter
I DISagree with you on this one, Brian. It happens.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6014) 11 years ago
I know you do.

But the very concept of us not seeing eye-to-eye might cause Chuckle's head to explode, a la Scanners.

**WARNING** The following scene is rather graphic, so if you don't have an appreciation for over-the-top horror movie gore, you might not want to watch the video. At any rate, I don't actually want your head to explode, Chuck. It's a figure of speech. End disclaimer.

A milder version for the more meek and mild mc.com minions among us:

Let's disagree more often!

[This message has been edited by Brian A. Reed (12/6/2009)]
Speaking of exploding heads, this is an interesting link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...d_syndrome
Posted by J. Dyba (+1350) 11 years ago
Mr. Shipley has some kind of social disorder, most likely a mild form of Asperger's.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 11 years ago
Steve,

Being as I have never gotten close enough to magic underwear to tell if there are any stars on them, I can't answer your question. I can ask my friends though. What was your address again?
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2743) 11 years ago
Wendy - I know that no magic "drawers" are glowing in any of your drawers, but I thought perhaps you would know given your proximity to those who do have such things.

RE: my address, if the people who wear magic underwear can't divine that information from their source (or the internet), then I have to question their magic's power...

But have no fear. Your richly deserved gold star awaits you. Keep up the good (and thankless) work, despite the fact that it will undoubtedly cause people to hate and castigate you. (Gee, you have a lot in common with our mayor)
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14950) 11 years ago
Somehow I find myself this afternoon humming the Garth Brooks tune "Unanswered Prayers". Wonder if the webmaster has heard that song?
Posted by Chuck Schott (+1284) 11 years ago
I find some of Rob's post are quite informative and you should not discount him just because you do not agree. Good for you Larry, as long as Rob can act in an adult a manor like the rest of us he should be allowed to post.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5094) 11 years ago
Manor?
supporter
Chuck, your definition of "adult manner" is different than mine, which doesn't surprise me. I've always associated the word "adult" with responsibility. I find nothing responsible or "adult" in Rob's behavior when he accuses, insinuates, slurs, libels, and defames people with no regard to the truth (other than his own warped version of it, that is). The only excuse for such behavior is a lack of good judgment (immaturity) or a mental disorder. Take your pick.

Then again, you actually used the term "adult manor" which I assumed to be a typo but very well be a noun that describes the behavior of a MORAN who has achieved the age of 15/16/18/21 years or more (depending on the state and issue). If that's the case, then my hat's off to you for accuracy.

P.S. I was just made aware of Rob's incendiary, prejudicial and inane comments regarding the tragic murder of Marty Etchemendy. Larry -- sooner would be much better than later! You know what I mean.

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (12/7/2009)]
Posted by Chuck Schott (+1284) 11 years ago
As in Friendship manor? How very clever of you or is it cleaver of you.
supporter
After looking at Webster's, one can only conclude that there's not much difference, Chuck.

Clever: mentally quick and resourceful; marked by wit or ingenuity.
vs.
Cleaver: One who cleaves.
therefore:
Cleave: To split with or as if with a sharp instrument.

Assuming the sharp instrument" could be the brain or mind, then calling me "cleaver" or "clever" is basically the same thing. Again, your choice.

Either way, THANKS Chuck!
supporter
Posted by Julie (+419) 11 years ago
Steve ~ I continue to be amazed at the amount of time you spend on this website during your work day hours. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you a city official? Given the amount of hash you sling about people with opinions other than yours ~ perhaps you need to also realize that with adulthood comes maturity.
supporter
Posted by JCF (+393) 11 years ago
I agree with Brian on this. Ship wants to throw out the insults and the venom, he should be prepared to take a little in return. He is smarter than Craddock thinks. Ship knew exactly what he was doing when he put on his act in front of the Federal Judge. He even wrote on MC.com that his ongoing battle with IRS, and eventual plea of this case made him a lot of money.

I say leave him on - people who want to can ignore his comments, and others can read his rantings, that he so desperately wants to give.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 11 years ago
Julie, if you paid attention at all to today, you will read that Steve said he was on a vacation day today.. Get a life and stop trying to cause trouble...
supporter
Julie - go wash a load of your own laundry. I already explained that I took today off. Go play with your fellow idiots.

p.s. Miss Axlerad: You aren't the first one to try to use the fact that I am a city employee as a tool to prevent me from exercising my free speech rights, which your hero Mr. Shipley constantly extolls.

I'm a civil servant, not a civil slave. I did not sell my citizenship rights in exchange for a city salary.

You gave me plenty of cause to question your intelligence in our previous meetings and exchanges. The verdict is now in. It isn't good.

supporter
It's not just today Howdy. And Steve, I rest my case.
supporter
Ms. Axlerad,

I don't call standing up for myself in the face of your assinine insinuations a sign of immaturity.

I do call accusing someone of misconduct on the job without evidence of such an idiotic thing to do. When you do things that are not worthy of respect, you shouldn't expect any.

I rest my case, too.
supporter
Julie, you sound like an idiot particularly after mentioning your worship of Rob Shipley, and that Miles City needs him...Good grief, lady, read his posts not only here but in the past...What on earth are you thinking? Quite obviously, you aren't...The paranoia just reeks...
supporter
Please accept my apologies for upsetting you Steve. That truly wasn't my intention. Also, sorry our previous meeting left you with a bad taste in your mouth with regard to me. On the contrary, I found you to be quite nice and enjoyable. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day! P.S. It's Axelberg.
Posted by Lorin Dixson (+596) 11 years ago
On A positive note. There are people who make the usual Left/Right wingnuts seem bright and cheerful.

[This message has been edited by Lorin Dixson (12/7/2009)]
supporter
Howdy ~ Guess it's my day to upset everyone! Not my intention. It's not that I worship Rob Shipley. It's simply that he's been acquainted with my parents for a number of years and has had quite a hard life. There are many things he says that I agree with and many I do not. That is my right. If that makes me an idiot in your eyes, so be it.
supporter
Julie: Apology accepted - sort of. You may want to give me some time. I've been laid off once in my life and it isn't a pleasant experience. So, when people start messing with my job, I get quite defensive. Hope you understand.

supporter
To put down one of the nicest posters on MC.COM, simply to defend Rob Shipley, is an idiotic thing to do.. You might realize that Steve has been the driving force behind getting other posters to not "pick on Ship"...A very kind thing to do....To attempt to cause a man trouble on his job is very chickensh$$...If you had questions about his times of posting, you could accomplish that by email...to do so in an open forum, is simply trying to cause trouble...A thing that I cannot respect..
supporter
Howdy, with all due respect, you may want to quit while you're ahead.
supporter
Julie, prior comments confirmed...You are an idiot...
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10001) 11 years ago
Julie, you are booted too.
supporter
To Whom It May Concern:

I appreciate Howdy's kind words. However, I am the first to admit that I am NOT one of the nicest posters on MC.com. In fact, nice is not one of the things I try to be.

I do try to be respectful of others and their opinions. I think (hope?) that Richard, Kyle, Rick K, and others will attest that I generally respect their postings and positions, even when I disagree with them. When I do post a "slam" at them, it's ALMOST always in fun. I was raised in a house with an avidly R father and a devoutly D mother - we learned how to agree to disagree early in life and to never let a person's WELL THOUGHT OUT opinion be a reason to withhold love and respect.

That said, when I'm treated disrepectfully or when I see someone bullying others (as Heath did to Howdy on several occasions), I tend to give 'em back as good or better as they dished out. I've tangled with Jimbo and Ike and even Richard over some things. But today I respect Ike and Richard and consider them friends (not Jimbo, however), and I hope they do me. I don't think I've ever fired the first shot on here, but if others think I have, so be it. I sleep well at night - that's all I ask for.

With respect to Ship, I almost regret posting the emails he sent to me today - but I wanted Larry and others to see that when Ship is posting, very little else can occur - even off the MC.com website. As for my directness with Ship in those emails, I stand by that. I have never been one to talk behind peoples' backs (or if I ever was, I soon found out that they find out anyway - so why not just say it like it is?) Besides, I really do hope that Ship gets help and maybe, just maybe, my plain talk will help him listen to Ike and some of his other friends who care deeply for him.

Finally, to Julie - I know I have a temper and you hit the biggest button that fires it up. I want you to know that you impressed me with your energy and drive at that meeting - I just couldn't understand why you would want to use a public organization to conduct an activity on a private citizen's (Ship's) property. It seemed unusual and inappropriate to me. Now I guess I have a little more insight into why that was important to you. I still don't think it would be the right use of volunteers' time. I do, however, look forward to working with you on future projects. You're a Hoot! (that's a compliment where I come from).

Steve

P.S. Julie - I'm sorry that you got the boot - I didn't ask Larry to do that. In light of your apology, I'm publicly asking him to reconsider.

OH - one more thing. The funny part about Julie questioning whether or not I post while on the job at the City is this: JOE WHALEN was the first person to do so, and he did it in his official capacity as mayor. Called me down to his office and asked me point blank if I was using city time and equipment. I provided him with some General Services Administration/Congressional Budget Office policies and guidelines on the matter that clearly allow and even encourage the "casual" use of government equipment for "occasional" personal use when no expense is incurred to the entity - the rationale being that employees get breaks and lunch time and being able to check their email, etc. from work is good for morale. Joe considered that and then asked me to refrain from using any city equipment for personal postings on MC.com. (I also post in an official capacity for the city as "City Grant Administrator".) Was I upset? Not at all. Joe was doing his job, and doing it well.

supporter
Wow Steve! I hope you'll consider me one of your friends from now on! Funny how life works...

In regard to cleaning up Rob's property, I wasn't asking that it be a group effort. Only people who wanted to participate. I feel if Rob felt more people cared about him, maybe he could convey his energy in a more positive manner. Manor. A million thanks for your post. And a big kiss to Larry!
admin
founder
Julie: Don't be so smug, you don't understand the technology, and since you kept your session alive, in order to kill it all I had to do was restart IIS ... which I just did. Won't be hearing any more posts from you.
supporter
Hmmm... I was wondering why Julie was thanking me.

To everyone concerned: I do not make personal posts to MC.com during my work hours AND I have no influence whatsoever over Larry. I'm just a plain and simple MC.commie like everyone else.

If there's one lesson I hope everybody learns from this, it is this plain and simple: Don't assume anything about people you don't know and don't mess with their jobs.

(ok, that's two lessons. it's still record short for me! )

Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3745) 11 years ago
I think (hope?) that Richard, Kyle, Rick K, and others will attest that I generally respect their postings and positions, even when I disagree with them.

I will agree Crapduck.
supporter
Quack! (please don't take that personally Kyle!)
Posted by Derf Bergman (+583) 11 years ago
Julie can't be gone! I love Julie!
Posted by Matt - Schmitz (+167) 11 years ago
So Julie got booted for ignoring a warning that Larry posted on a different thread than this one? Give that a little thought Larry. She said nothing on this thread that warrants getting booted. Do you know if she saw or read the other thread where you posted a warning? And even if she did read it, do you know if she read the previous post about Steve having the day off of work? Without reading that previous post, one could easily draw the conclusion that Steve was posting during normal business hours when he should be doing the work he's getting paid to do. Based on the time stamps on all posts. Seems a little petty to me. Julie does not have a mean bone in her body, and certainly not a vindictive one. I respectfully request that you take the gag off of Julie.
Talk like that Matt might soon see you joining Julie in MC.com oblivion.
Posted by Josh Rath (+2305) 11 years ago
I think everyone on this site needs to take a chill Pill. This is why I am staying out of things, because it normally causes me to cause controversy. But seriously, you are booting Julie, who is one of the nicest ladies in MC. I understand this is your forum Larry, but be real. If you are going to remove someone, remove shipley. He has caused more crap in one day than julie can in a year.
Posted by Matt - Schmitz (+167) 11 years ago
If that happens Kyle, then for sure the terrorists have won.
Seriously, I just spent 10 days with the swine flu. Oblivion would be better than where I just dug myself out of. I am a big boy, and if I get booted for defending a dear friend, then so be it.

[This message has been edited by Matt - Schmitz (12/7/2009)]
Posted by Bruce Helland (+586) 11 years ago
This is reminding me to much of a motorcycle site I was once a member of. The founder (owner) became fond of gagging people who disagreed with his opinion. I truly hope this site doesnt follow in that path. Saying that shall I now fear that I will be banned also?
admin
founder
Matt - Schmitz wrote:
So Julie got booted for ignoring a warning that Larry posted on a different thread than this one?

No, that's not what happened.

Bruce Helland wrote:
Saying that shall I now fear that I will be banned also?

No, that's not what's happening.

Who was the one that restored the posting privileges of someone "banned", who specifically asked to be reinstated, and it went awry? Me.

Who is the one that stands up for others who don't share the same view? Me. For example, I don't share the same view as Kyle in sports, I don't share the same view as Richard in religion, and I don't share the same view as Rick in politics -- but I haven't banned them, now have I?

Some people know how to behave (in particular the previous 3 mentioned) and some people don't. Do you see Buck around here anymore? There's a reason for it.

Who wants a site where only one view is forced upon others? I don't. I try to stay out of things, but sometimes matters get a bit out of control, and I have a temper tantrum -- my significant other likes to call it an "Antram Tantrum".

Julie is free to ask to have her posting privileges reinstated, as is Buck, but Ship is out of luck.

If any of you think you can do a better job than I, then go make a better web site. It's that simple.
I don't share the same view as Kyle in sports

Outside of the Bronx not too many people do Webmaster
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14950) 11 years ago
my significant other likes to call it an "Antram Tantrum".

That's funny; ...and I suppose if we were pledging allegiance to MC.com we would sing/say the "national Antram"?

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr (12/8/2009)]
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1437) 11 years ago
lol
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17052) 11 years ago
I think what I read was that Julie played the "I'm a taxpayer and you're posting on this forum on my dime" card and lost. No?
supporter
That's how I read it too David...
supporter
The Tough Poop continues.

I'm posting this latest email from Rob because what Rob says in it is completely at odds with the "peacemaker" and "great diplomat" persona he tried to don at the City Council meeting Tuesday night. Someone else previously pointed out that Rob pulled the same trick during his court proceedings.

I just want Rob to know that you can't be one thing most of the time (a profane, abusive and irresponsible neighbor/mc.commie) and the opposite thing part of the time (a statesman and upright citizen) and expect people to take you seriously.

I know that posting Rob's emails to me (don't worry, I won't post EVERY email he sends) seems at odds with my advocacy of not taunting or making fun of Rob. I've asked my fellow mc.commies to refrain from such behavior on several occasions. However, every coin has two sides, and even the mentally ill have an obligation to do their best to treat others with respect and conduct themselves in a socially acceptable manner. I'm simply letting Rob know that I expect him to do his part, and also that he can't continuously abuse the privilege of engaging in society without being held accountable for his uncivil behavior. (although I admit he's managed to pull that off pretty well so far! - with the exception of one stint in jail, that is)

I firmly believe that allowing individuals to deal with the natural consequences of their actions is the best path toward growth and maturity. Usually the technique is applied to children and teenagers -- but it also can be applied to adults who refuse to deal with reality and shirk responsibility for their actions.

So anyway, here is what I hope is the final chapter in the ongoing saga of "Tough Poop":

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wed, December 9, 2009 10:02:59 PM
Subject: Fw: Tough poop

I am certain after just a very little reflection you must have blabbed to Larry the Webmaster and gotten me kicked off of milescity.com again...................BFD....BFD...........no one gives a poop.......very least of all me.

pauper joey is procreateed anyway....................so, don't worry about this.............ok?

-----------------

To: Rob Shipley <[email protected]>
Sent: Thu, December 10, 2009 5:17:56 AM
Subject: Re: Tough poop

Rob,

I have two bits of advice, one observation, and [a] request for you.

First bit of advice: Quit blaming everyone else for the consequences that naturally stem for your own actions.

Second: stop expecting people [to] respect you simply because your father was a successful man and your mother was a dignified lady and excellent teacher. They're gone. You're here. It's what YOU do that matters.

Observation: Your statements below [above] are completely out-of-synch with the statement you made in public at the City Council meeting in which you advocated that everyone should try to get along with each other better. You tried to paint yourself as a great advocate of peace and respect and forgiveness. Nothing in anything you've written to me or on MC.com bespeaks any of those principles. (Please note: THAT's why you got "kicked off") In the book To Kill A Mockingbird, it is explained that Atticus Finch is respected by all because he's "the same on the street as he is at home." You would do well to reflect on that.

Request: Please stop emailing me unless you have something civil to say or discuss. As you've pointed out, at this point we are not friends. You've told me numerous times in your tautologically profane way that you think I'm an idiot. Once was quite enough, thank you.

~ Steve

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. Winston Churchill

You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out he hates all the same people you do. Anne Lamott

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (12/10/2009)]
Steve wrote:
I'm posting this latest email from Rob because what Rob says in it is completely at odds with the "peacemaker" and "great diplomat" persona he tried to don at the City Council meeting Tuesday night. Someone else previously pointed out that Rob pulled the same trick during his court proceedings.

Hmmm ... I think I've said something to this effect before.

http://milescity.com/foru...372#121515

Do you now see the light?

(It helps if you visualize "The Banned" in the place of "The band!")

Admit it, Steve. You kind of like the idea of him being locked in a cage and being poked with a stick, don't you? It's okay.

They remind me of a couple of emails I received earlier this year:

----------------

Reed: I do not know how old you are or if you are even a man.......could not give a procreation less. (emphasis mine)

My maturity is plenty more than your sorry little chickenpoop pelicanass will ever become. (emphasis mine)

Never was in prison, c-word, so dispense with more of your surely WRONG info, you dumb c-word. (emphasis mine)

Millionaire here................and smarter than your dumb c-word-derriere will ever be....................so do not need your pity. (emphasis mine)

I can buy and sell all the idiot anuses of your ilk I ever would want to. (emphasis mine)

You never should have played with yourself so much when you were a pup..................your brains leaked out through your fingers.

(ewwww)

----------------

Your jealousy is normal for a nitwit that has no class and never any money.............just the way the world turns. But, since I couldn't care less about you............being a c-word (emphasis mine)................your parents being c-words (emphasis mine) ........no big deal. Being the son of useless people is a major defeating event in the world.

----------------

My favorite part is the "buy and sell" quip. Positively classy.

[This message has been edited by Brian A. Reed (12/10/2009)]
supporter
Admit it, Steve. You kind of like the idea of him being locked in a cage and being poked with a stick, don't you? It's okay.

What I admit is that I made a mistake by posting the latest email from Rob. I think I've opened a Pandora's Box that will now be very difficult to shut. Mea culpa!
supporter
Wow, look at all the pelicans flying about!
Okay, I've completely missed the pelican joke ... enlighten me?
supporter
Brian:

The filter on this here website automatically changes:
The f word to "procreate"
The s word to "poop"
The c word to "pelican"
Steve wrote:
I think I've opened a Pandora's Box that will now be very difficult to shut. Mea culpa!

If by "Pandora's Box," you mean a small cage for stick-poking purposes, then I catch your drift. *wink wink*

And if I remember my Latin correctly, Mea culpa translates to "Give me the damn poking stick!"

Or something like that.
Bob wrote:
The filter on this here website automatically changes:
The f word to "procreate"
The s word to "poop"
The c word to "pelican"

Really? So I didn't have to do it all manually? Dag, yo!

Lemme try it out: Pelican Poop Procreate

Cool!
supporter
So, why doesn't the filter automatically change "WTF" to "WTP"?

I guess I just don't understand technology...

And Brian, you need a new English/Latin dictionary. Mea culpa means "Aw poop! Why the procreate didn't I realize that Brian A. Reed would use this against me, hisveryown pelican-headed brother-in-arms?"
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17052) 11 years ago
Oh poop, I think the filter is broken.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9193) 11 years ago
Of course, the filter isn't applied to the RSS feed.

Bob, you need to your mouth washed out with soap. And I know somebody with access to large thug-like youth who'd probably be happy to have them do it to you.
supporter
Procreate you! You procreateing poopheads!

Hey, this is more fun than messing around with the IKEA computer assitant, Anna.

Actually, Brian, I think mea culpa means "Give me that damn poking stick so I can poke my own damn eye with it."

[This message has been edited by Wendy Wilson (12/10/2009)]
supporter
Posted by K.Duffy (+1807) 11 years ago
I usually say "See You Next Tuesday", but Pelican is so much shorter
supporter
Someone should submit "Pelican" to Urban Dictionary. Just sayin'

Never mind.

And I wouldn't encourage anyone to go look it up either...

[This message has been edited by Bob L. (12/11/2009)]

Sweet mother of butter ...
supporter
The definitions of Pelican Board are more interesting.