Did you get what you wanted from Black Friday?
Posted by Josh Rath (+2307) 11 years ago
Well, I just got done being at Walmart for an hour and a half, standing in line for an hour for a laptop. Mother was across the store getting a 50" tv.
After we secured those items, she took off with them and I went back into the abyss to get myself what I wanted... RockBand. Why not right? Amazon wants 100 bucks for it, when Walmart wants 50, and since I am already there... Anywho, I got it.
Only problem I had was an associate stopped me on the way out. Checking receipts, no big... Right? Bah! Upon handing her the receipt, she hands it back. But then stops me very quickly and wants it again. She looked harder and saw that it said "360 Game - - - - - - $50". No problem, right?
Cause the game is $50. But nooooo. She makes me wait, although I was pointing to the game in the flyer, so she can check the price. Once she had realized she was a dumb you-know-what, she handed my receipt back and had the balls to say this. "Next time make sure you cashier rings up the CORRECT item". Which, if I had been awake this would of resulted in a 50,000 work argument in Walmart, but I am tired and just gave her a friendly "Screw You" and went about my way.

How was YOUR Black Friday Shopping?
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6015) 11 years ago
Yes, I got what I wanted: a near-complete lack of calls related to traffic accidents or petty squabbles over early-morning sales.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6015) 11 years ago
How busy is the Miles City Wal-Mart on Black (Dun-Dun-DUNNNN) Friday, anyway? I rarely ever go to either of the two Wal-Marts in Billings. The one in Laurel is so much nicer/cleaner/less crowded/friendlier/etc.
Parking lot was packed.
supporter
Posted by M T Zook (+505) 11 years ago
Just checked in with the wife who is out in the rush. She said she waited behind 2 people at 5 a.m. to get into Toys R Us and it was quite civilized. She did say that when she got to Target the whole lot was full. Mind you, it is a huge lot, HUGE, adjacent to a Kohls and a bunch of other strip mall type stores. Full. Inside, she said the lines at the cash registers literally reached from the front to the very back of the store. She didn't buy anything, except 1 toy at Toy R Us.

Glad to hear Brian is having a slow morning, wish everyday would be like that.
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1439) 11 years ago
I'm currently getting EXACTLY what I wanted out of Black Friday... sitting here reading stories about other people's experiences while I'm eating a bowl of Irish porridge, toast, and coffee and being grateful this is the most exposure I'll have to the chaos.
Posted by Matt - Schmitz (+168) 11 years ago
I got stiffed today. Do to my slow recovery from the swine flu, I didn't get out in it until about 10:00 am or so. I stopped at Radio Shack to buy a new digital camera, and of course they were sold out. No rain checks. I stopped at Target to buy some 700 thread count sheets, a steal at $30, and of course they were sold out also. Off to Wal-Mart to buy a new 32' flat screen TV, a great deal at $248, and there were none left. I am not sure if I was caught by the bait and switch tactics retailers use these days, but it was pretty frustrating all in all. In every store, immediately after being told that the items I was looking for were sold out, I was directed to similar, but much higher priced items. I passed.

[This message has been edited by Matt - Schmitz (11/27/2009)]
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6166) 11 years ago
I got what I wanted, a quiet day with my family. We went out to breakfast, put up the Christmas tree, and not much else. I think that Black Friday is an example of why we are in the financial mess we are in: greed.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9925) 11 years ago
My significant other went and picked up a copy of "American on Purpose" by Craig Ferguson from Borders, not because it was Black Friday, but since she knew I wanted to read it. She said the place was fairly empty. I guess people don't like actual books anymore.

Trying to find a brick and mortar bookstore is actually fairly difficult, had to look up on the Internet where to find one, and we're on the edge of the Seattle metropolis. Apparently around here the only places are "Barnes & Noble" and "Borders" ... is that it? Aren't there any others? I guess not, the bookstore is a dying breed.
Posted by Sharon Clarke (+76) 11 years ago
I got to work today, which is great because everyone is out shopping and not doing their banking hahahaha
Sharon, I was at work also. Not near as long, im sure, but I was. Hah
supporter
Posted by T Brown (+479) 11 years ago
Did I get what I wanted from Black Friday?......Hmmmmm.....lets see.....I work at Wal*Mart....I went to work and went to my little room, where I count money and do paperwork....only, yesterday, I got to do "pulls" on all the registers ....twice.....and count money all day. When I got done with work, I went home to see my husband for a bit, then went to my daughters house, so she could sleep and I could take care of my new grandbaby for her. So....yes, yes I did get exactly what I wanted for black friday....I got paid & I got to spend time with the loves of my life.....I could'nt be happier!!!