Growth Management Survey Question #5:
founder
Posted by Joe Whalen (+176) 19 years ago
Survey Question #5: "What is the most pressing need(s) in the community and area?"

This is the fifth of six questions posed by the Miles City/Custer County Planning Board for your review and response. Responses will be collected and forwarded to the Board.

Please respond by selecting the "Reply" button at the bottom of this message.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17494) 19 years ago
Better tasting game birds.

A strip joint for the out-of-town/state hunters (and their sad sack local friends!). This would also help raise money if taxed properly.

Banks who treat customers properly, even if they have been laid off from Microsoft for several years and their annual incomes do not reflect their stock portfolio.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17494) 10 years ago
I revive this thread merely to point out that I have been a leading advocate for getting a strip club to open in Miles City for over 8 years. Civic-minded individual that I am, I have always provided input on how to increase Miles City's tax base.
Posted by Leann (+186) 10 years ago
Black topping the street from Lincoln up to N. Lake; N. Lake to Riverside; Riverside to N. Merriam; N. Merriam to Edgewood. I find it funny that the side streets of of Lincoln got balck topped when they are dead end streets and never had black top on them. I have lived in this area and have traveled these streets for over 20 years and "Nothing" has been done to these roads since 1990/91. One would think these streets would get the attention they need since they are a bus route.
supporter
Posted by Bill Zook (+487) 10 years ago
It is my understanding that the infrastructure for the city is serious antiquated. It seems to me that our water and sewer delivery systems might take the lead for remediation. Are businesses on Main St. adequately served? And are the businesses adequately equipped for emergencies such as the fire that took much of the Arnold block?
supporter
Posted by Art (+206) 10 years ago
What is meant by growth? Ceratinly not growth in size. Population hasn't changed much for a long time.

What is needed is improvement in the infrastructure of the city and county. We seem stuck in the status quo, in love with the past and lacking vision for the future.

For governments to be progressive they need to be efficient and focused. Because the city and county have not had to deal with booms or busts we have relative stability and that provides an opportunity to seriously look into the consolidation of city and county government. The strained relationship between our governments results in standoffs that frustrate efficiency and focus.

I see a need for progressive ideas to improve what we have and a collective acknowledgement that compromise is not a dirty word.