What I Am Thankful For
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3746) 11 years ago
On this day before Thanksgiving I am thankful for the following:

1. That I am in relatively good health both physical and mental and that the members of my family and people I care about are as well.

2. I am thankful for the family and friends that I have.

3. I am thankful that I will have a great meal this Thanksgiving.

4. I am thankful that I live in the greatest Nation the world has ever known and what it has allowed me and every other citizen both past, present and future to do and accomplish.

5. I am thankful that I live in a country that cares and takes care of its people the way the United States of America has and is doing.

6. Lastly I am thankful for those who have given their lives in service to our country so that I am able to make this post.

[This message has been edited by Kyle L. Varnell (11/25/2009)]
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6015) 11 years ago
Exceptional post, Kyle. Thank you for sharing it with us and starting this thread.

I am also thankful for all of the things you listed. In addition, what I am most thankful for are my two wonderful sons, Kasey and Duncan, and my Heather.
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1672) 11 years ago
Webkinz Kyle? Now that explains a lot!

Even through fits of laughter, I am in complete agreement with your post. Many thanks for a wonderful life.
Posted by V (+170) 11 years ago
I'm also rolling along with you Kyle, Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!
Posted by Sharon Clarke (+76) 11 years ago
I am thankful for all the things that Kyle listed as well. My beautiful kids, my dad, my brother and the rest of my wonderful family and friends.

I am also thankful for so many small things in life that bring me joy or make me smile and laugh such as:

1. Those wonderful "good morning beautiful" text messages that make me giggle like a school girl and brighten my entire day.
2. When someone understands and laughs at my sarcastic sense of humor.
3. When I look at my cell phone and see that my 16 yr old son remembered to call his mom today.
4. When I get home from work late and realize my 12 yr old daughter, the absolutely amazing girl she is, decided to make dinner for me.
5. For the social networking that got me in touch with old school friends that I thought I'd never hear from again.
6. For finally after 14 yrs getting out of a job that was choking my growth as a person and finally working for a company that gives a hoot about my development, my success, and encourages me to submit my ideas then shows gratitude when I do.

I have so much more I am thankful for but would never have enough space to write it all out.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! and I hope everyone has a most amazing holiday season
supporter
Posted by T Brown (+479) 11 years ago
I have to agree with all the good things Kyle mentioned. I am also thankful that my grandbaby was born healthy and beautiful. Thankful that my husband is still here to share another Thanksgiving with me and Thankful for the love of my family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving everyone....Hope your Turkey is as good as mine is going to be!!!
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6166) 11 years ago
We sat around the table a few nights ago and found something to be thankful for corresponding to every letter of the alphabet. It was interesting to see what everyone came up with. A fun thing to do with kids who might have a harder time coming up with things to be thankful for.
founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+927) 11 years ago
Here here.
Posted by Derf Bergman (+585) 11 years ago
Hear, hear? (Or did I miss something?) Usually I'm thankful for spell check and Wendy.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6166) 11 years ago
Spell check would have missed that one, Derf. I gave Bart a pass because he is a great tuba player.
Posted by Derf Bergman (+585) 11 years ago
That's what I meant, Wendy. What spell check misses, you will catch!